Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the welcome.
    Normally I'm a Daniel thunker, but I like Amanda as well.
    I'm not gonna read all previous posts, cos you all post quite a lot
    I'll pop in now and then to share my caps with you, and feel free to snurch and re-use, cos thats where they are for....

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

and Vala and Sam:

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you for these

This one is my favourite - a Sam grin with sparkly eyes and dimple
            -

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              I'm in the same boat as you RoX. But I'm really willing to be proven wrong here. I'd like to think that they improve upon the decisions they made over a year ago, and move forward with that in mind. It seems that it's always been short-sightedness (not seeing through to a developed resolution for an episode; not seeing an arc all the way through; not giving a character a chance to develop, mature and grow; focusing on newshinytoys) that's gotten them into trouble in the past.

I just don't want Sam to be a new, shiny toy for them. That'd be such a waste of talent, opportunity and potential.
              Oh, I want to be proven wrong too
              I'm just starting to get some enthusiasm back for the series - here's hoping!
              -

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller View Post
                Ok, I have a challenge for everyone: name your favorite memorable Sam scene in an otherwise forgettable episode (or one that's not one of their best efforts).
                My favorite is when she's humming the Stargate theme in the elevator with Jack in "Chimera" (less than stellar episode). That always cracks me up.
                Anyone else have one that comes to mind?
                I love that scene with her humming...very cool...I find it hard to find just one fave memorable moment...but one that springs to mind is in the ep Double Jeopardy when she says to the two O'Niells, "Sirs...as much as I would like to see how this plays out"...or the ep Small Victories when she's walking up the ramp with Thor and she says, "yeah sure ya betcha"...so cool...but not sure if they count as forgettable episodes...I don't think there's many eps that I don't like...actually the only one I can think of right now is Politics...just couldn't get into it...
                Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                LOL, who could top that one mini
                Spoiler:
                Sam: For the last time Vala, no I don't have the doohickey on me.
                Can always rely on Mandy to mention the doohickey...yeehaa!!
                Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
                :: sobs :: I have something to confess. I couldn't take it any more. I tried and tried not too. I couldn't help myself. I didn't want to do it. I am guilty take me away and give me a fetching orange number. Put me behind bars and lock me away. :: LOUD ANNOYING SOB:: Okay I will sign the confession. I crossed over to the dark side. I admit it okay. I PUSHED THE SPOILER BUTTONS. :: whispers::: I liked it and I am sure they like it too.

:: Keeps sobbing::
                Welcome to my life...I'm a spoiler addict
                Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                For me it was in Politics. Jack is shocked to learn they were engaged in an AU, and Sam looks at him and says, "It is theoretically possible, sir." She's referring to scientific theories, but he's referring to the two of them. Of couse, I'm a shipper, so that probably has something to do with it.
                ...hehe...probably!!
                Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
                never been here before and I don't know if you all like it, but I made a few caps that are free for snurching for last nights ep:
                Spoiler:
                http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/hastiekido/eigen%20caps/seizoen%2010/the%20road/1013sam3.jpg
                http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16...d/1013sam2.jpg
                Ahhhh...Hastie my friend...welcome to Samanda sweetie...yay...is soooooo glad you are here... *is dancing happily...my buddy Hastie is here* ...WooHoo!!
                Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                Hello there!
                Just jumped here to bring some pics but they are spoilery...
                I must tell you I LOVED Amanda's act in the new episode And the older she is, the more beautiful she is
                I have to say that it is so good to see so many new faces here in Samanda...and I agree...as Amanda so graciously ages along with all of us, she just seems to get more beautiful all the time....how the heck does she do it...se's just awesome!!
                Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                One thing I think AT's got going for her is the fact that she really doesn't seem to go for all of that flashy, "Oh look at me" fashion on a regular basis. The intrigue about her, the qualities that draw people to her, go far deeper than the more superficial aspects of her character. To me, she is the iconic archetype of "The Girl Next Door" kind of beauty.
                Amanda has such a natural beauty about her...she doesn't need all that make up and fancy stuff to make her beautiful...she just is..IMHO!
                Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                I was just reading the latest message from Amanda on her website and she said we would know more about her project next week!!! So yay good news! Hopefully more info on what it is about and so on...
                I'm very glad she is able to spend more time with her family! So if you get a chance you might swing by there to check out the latest message from AT.
                Thank you ann...read it and was sad to hear bout Abbie...regretted I wasn't able to go to AT2 and am unable to get to AT3...but glad hear she has a new puppy and is looking forward to working on Atlantis...I wish her all the best for 2007!!
                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i've written/erased, written/erased so many times, because i can't really figure out how to say this.
                i guess i really don't know what the big deal is in sam/amanda wearing this dress. the dress is sexy. amanda is sexy. the dress might make her feel sexy. so what... amanda's not a nun, for crying out loud.
                sally
                Yep...I agree...if it makes her/you feel good then go for it!!
                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                What a fantastic message from Amanda. It reminds me (again) why I continue to adore that woman.
                She just seems to be so well-rounded and so balanced in her life and thinking. As sad as I was for her that she lost her brother, I am pleased that she was able to experience a measure of joy and comfort from meeting the people who Steven's life touched and I'm thankful she shared that with us via her site.
                I'm also so sad to hear about Abbie. I know what it's like to lose a beloved four-legged family member. That being said, I am delighted for her that they have a new member of the family...GEORGE!!! Okay. Does anyone else want to see a snap shot of this little cutie or is it just me? Anyone??? Anyone??????
                And then of course we get to her professional life...which is so exciting I just can't even begin to express my glee as a fan: The SG-1 movies, the project that it looks as though she'll share more about soon (although we've figured out bits and pieces) and of course her move to the Pegasus galaxy.
                Well, okay, Amanda's not moving to the Pegasus galaxy...but Carter is.
                I love how she read what she said and realized it sounded like a cold and totally less than enthusiastic response...or worse...that it was something she was potentially dreading. I'm glad she clarified her position on this matter.
                See...I'm in complete agreement with what she said about moving to SGA with one minor exception. "Atlantis isn't her show"...yet. Carter is obviously first and foremost known for her 10 year run on SG-1...but Atlantis is a whole new adventure for her...and when she goes, she'll become a part of their adventure too. Sam will experience a rebirth of sorts, being in a new place with new responsibilities and new relationships...and that's exciting. So sure, for the moment, it's not her show...but soon, she will become a part of that tale, and I think it can only mean good things for the show, for the character and for Amanda herself.
                On a side note...I think the fact that she's nervous about her being there adds weight to my belief that Carter will be going to
                Spoiler:
                lead the Atlantis expedition.
                Otherwise, what need would there be for her trepidation? It looks as though they do have something specific in mind and have had so for quite some time...and now with SG-1 off the air, they now have a chance to tell it.
                I end with this...I boundlessly respect her for being so incredibly sensitive to the feelings of fans who believe she's trouncing on their territory. She'd never want that and even though she knows some people will feel that way regardless, she's still the type of person who will come out and say just the right thing, giving insight into the true depth of her humility and grace.
                One thing's for certain...that woman has class oozing out of her pores.
                Awesome post Oooober...well said...wish I was as good with words as you are...thank you MB...
                Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                Yay! I finally got to see TRNT.
                Sam rules!! and we got such a marvelous range of things from Amanda - more on that later after I have rewatched it. Oh, I'm a very happy chappy finally 2 episodes that I will happly rewatched
                Hey RoX...doesn't it just make your day when you see Amanda in such a fantastic way...not just TRNT but also LitS!
                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                question for ppl that saw 'the road not taken'
                Spoiler:
                the ausam was killed... did anyone grieve for her? i mean *really* grieve?
                i just can't stand the idea of any sam dying... this just suddenly popped into my head.
                ((()))
                sally
                I'm with you on that one Sally...
                Spoiler:
                why didn't anyone seem to miss the other Sam...just doesn't seem right...Au/AR or not...it was still Sam and she was just as an important member of the SGC as our Sam...not even Hammond seemed moved...but at least McKay seemed a bit shocked...gotta love him for that!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                No...but I think it was due more to them all having some fairly pressing issues to deal with rather than lack of interest or lack of feelings regarding the matter.
                I dunno...
                Spoiler:
                pressing issues or not...can you imagine if that's how they would deal with our Sam if it happened in our reality...we'd all be outraged...and rightly so if no one showed any emotion to the loss of Sam...thank goodness that's never gonna happen!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  Hey guys, know this isn't totally on topic (well, at all really) but wanted to introduce a brand new SamCarter fan in my family! lol Well, he kinda is...
                  This is DOLBY... and he was 8 wks old as of Saturday.
                  http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4230/400px36lk.jpg
                  http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/447/400px53el.jpg
                  Huge Stargate fan already I tells ya.
                  Hugs!
                  GEEK
                  Awwww...mini he's gorgeous...I sooo want a dog...it's hubby's birthday on Saturday and we're seriously thinking of getting a dog...we've already got a name...now we need to get him...fingers crossed...
                  Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  yep, look up class in the dictionary and you'll see her pic.
                  I was sorry to hear about abbie. I have an ancient little chihauhaha, she's gonna be 14 in march, and i know that it's just a matter of time. and i hate the idea. Cause my mom might have brought her home, but she bonded with me so she's very much my dog.
                  hehe...wouldn't that be cool if you actually could see her in the dictionary under class...and awesome...(((Sky)))...I know what it's like to have an old dog that you know you're on limited time with...when Major died it was so hard...we've lost 2 dogs since...one to an accident and the other to cancer...I'm ready for another dog...it feels weird not having one...Major was initially David's dog but soon became mine...he was my guardian angel...til the kids came along...then he was their guardian angel!!
                  Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
                  thanks for the welcome.
                  Normally I'm a Daniel thunker, but I like Amanda as well.
                  I'm not gonna read all previous posts, cos you all post quite a lot
                  I'll pop in now and then to share my caps with you, and feel free to snurch and re-use, cos thats where they are for....
                  Thanks Hastie...don't stay a stranger...now I'm missing the pond even more today...(((Hastie)))...yay...can't believe you're here...how cool!!

Good night Samandans...welcome to all the newbies...congrats to all milestoners...(((everyone)))!!
                  Take care, be safe and stay happy!! And hug your loved ones...that means you too Kat!!

Oh and just in case I don't make it here tomorrow...
                  HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY TO ALL MY FELLOW AUSSIES!!!

Yay...a long weekend...boo...I gotta work anyways...D'oH!...Still...I'm smiling...as always!!
                  Night night!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    Yay...a long weekend...boo...I gotta work anyways...D'oH!...Still...I'm smiling...as always!!
                    Night night!!
                    Oh Chelle, no fair having to work on the long weekend!!
                    Have a good one.

And I think I'll start my long weekend with another viewng of TRNT
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                      Hey, just saw new addition to the body of Amanda's letter - she is doing a performance in Toronto! I may have lost part of my mind, but I don't think the Toronto performance was mentioned when I read the letter earlier this afternoon... or was it?

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/AmandaSite/
                      I think it was an add-on after she probably made final arrangements. Wow, AT in The Vagina Monologues or contributing to this women's event. Our Samandan friends in the area may be in for a treat ... minigeek?!!

BTW, cannot dawdle here long this morning but wanted to also say that it was painful to read how much tragedy befell Amanda after her happy time in London. Her Christmas season was so sad. It was gracious of her to share all the personal news at her website. At least this new year seems to be holding much promise.

And, yes, if I had time I would love to put a few caps of "early Sam" next to some terrific caps coming from TRNT to compare the beauty of youth and the glow of maturity ... her face is a study in how to grow and glow. Hint - if someone has time to capture Sam then and Sam now.

Finally, cute pupper, mini!! We are watching and caring for our family dog, a real prince almost 16 years old with a heart so big it just won't let him leave the premises even though his tired old body is failing. I could relate to Olivia missing Abbie as our little ones will miss this guy too.
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 25 January 2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                        I think it was an add-on after she probably made final arrangements. Wow, AT in the Vagina Monologues or contributing to this women's event. Our Samandan friends in the area may be in for a treat ... mini-geek?!!
                        Oh heck yeah, I'm goin'!

How many tickets am I pickin' up? Anyone else coming by the area? They go on sale January 29th. The Sunday performance is 19+ and the Saturday one is all ages.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Oh Chelle, no fair having to work on the long weekend!!
                          Have a good one.

And I think I'll start my long weekend with another viewng of TRNT
                          I don't mind...David and the kids are going out tomorrow while I go off to earn a quid...but really...I'm not fussed!!
                          Have a great weekend RoX!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh heck yeah, I'm goin'!

How many tickets am I pickin' up? Anyone else coming by the area? They go on sale January 29th. The Sunday performance is 19+ and the Saturday one is all ages.

mg
                            You'll have to tell us all about it mini....so wish I could join ya for the fun...D'oH!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh heck yeah, I'm goin'!

mg
                              Hi all,
                              I know I do not post often but I try to keep up with the tread
                              and wow, I just re-read Amanda's message this morning and I was surpised too to see the part about her playing in Toronto, my heart almost skip a beat.
                              I thought I would come here to ask if anyone wanted to go. I'll just have to organize myself but I can't miss her/it !!
                              So Minigeek you can count me in
                              sigpic

Comment

On THAT dress (spoilers for RNT and those bored by the discussion)

Spoiler:

I loved the dress Sam wore in the AU party. She looked stunning. It's the dress a confident, sassy woman wanting to look stunning would wear. Seriously, I don't believe the intention was to flash Sam's boobs and certainly from everything known about AT I doubt her intention was to flash 'Sam's' boobs. I think she may even verbally wince about it if she gets the opportunity to do commentary on RNT (because lets face it most women's reactions to a couple of the shots of her in that dress would be 'oops - I didn't realise you could see that much!). Yet, Sam also looked just as stunning in the other outfit where she was covered up - here the main sexiness is conveyed in the combo of knee-high leather boots and knee-length skirt. Or in the BDUs. I also think there is a huge difference between this kind of sexy dress and the more S&M overtones of Vala's early ensembles OR even the corset thing Sam herself wore in OTG.

In terms of AT and the dress being similar to ones she's worn to awards, etc and her comment about 'it's all about the boobies' since Olivia....

I have an ample bustline myself...but I've always had it (and I don't yet have children so Lord help me) and it has taken me years as a woman to fully realise what clothes I could wear with it, what I couldn't. I remember my first epiphany moment came in a University Ball official photo when I looked at it and went 'OMG, I really can't get away with going braless.' This has obviously altered what dresses and tops I can wear, what bikinis, etc I go for because I prefer how I look with a bra than without. But I still occasionally make mistakes like anyone...including AT.

If AT only got hers after Olivia then I'm sure there is a learning period she is going through in terms of what she can and can't wear; what looks good and what looks like her boobs are swinging in the wind so to speak; which look she prefers, which she feels comfortable with...

The important thing here is that at least we all have a choice about what clothes we can as women wear - whether low-cut and sexy, or covered up...and equally sexy. Some women aren't so lucky in the world.
                                Last edited by Rachel500; 25 January 2007, 05:37 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                                X