Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers - 'in the line of sand'

Spoiler:
    i keep looking at those caps of sam in pain... wow. amanda is just AMAZING! this is an ep i'm actually going to record to keep, whenever the US peeps actually get to see it. it's been a loooong time since i've recorded an ep

thanks again for those caps.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

I just saw LITS, and yes Amanda was amazing!!! Yep the girl can act

Now before reading the spoilers, I warn those that know me to sit down first

Spoiler:
      I even found Vala did a good job It just proves her character is better when not stuck to Daniel.

Ok you can close your mouths now and get up
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I just saw LITS, and yes Amanda was amazing!!! Yep the girl can act

Now before reading the spoilers, I warn those that know me to sit down first

Spoiler:
        I even found Vala did a good job It just proves her character is better when not stuck to Daniel.

Ok you can close your mouths now and get up
        It proves that when there is a good story to work with, all of the actors are more than capable of rising to the occasion to do it justice. The problem has been the lack of said (aforementioned) good storytelling. If the writing team can capture whatever it is/was which allowed for this kind of creativity to emerge, they might be able to struggle out of their rut. One might hope, at the very least.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          That still doesn't give you the right to molest her!
          Hey, hey, hey now. Amber's no saint. She knows (RDA) "pr0n" like nobody's business.

Comment

News Item on Sci Fi Wire:

SG-1 Will Feed Atlantis

Torri Higginson, star of SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate Atlantis, told SCI FI Wire to expect cast members from the show's predecessor series, Stargate SG-1, to show up more regularly next season after it ends its 10-year run.

full article here

I found it interesting that Torri coments on AT going to SGA - but there is no reference to Weir becoming a recurring character - also of note MGM's site has pulled all the interview released this week.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
              News Item on Sci Fi Wire:

SG-1 Will Feed Atlantis

Torri Higginson, star of SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate Atlantis, told SCI FI Wire to expect cast members from the show's predecessor series, Stargate SG-1, to show up more regularly next season after it ends its 10-year run.

full article here

I found it interesting that Torri coments on AT going to SGA - but there is no reference to Weir becoming a recurring character - also of note MGM's site has pulled all the interview released this week.
              Interesting.

I have to wonder exactly when that interview was done...because one would think they'd mention Weir being scaled down.

Oh and Tsax...can you get on MSN, please?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                Do I need to justify my like of AT to be here?

FF,

As long as we can share cold chips together your Great in my book

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Sounds to me like the fire was lit under that oil just a bit too soon. Personally, I'm relieved that there is at least the possibility that this was a mistake.
                  Spoiler:
                  I want an SGA with Amanda and Tori, and until new confirmation (pulled interviews don't count, right?) I'm going to assume that Amanda will be in 14 episodes and Torri will be in all of them. I'd take Amanda for all 20, but we need her in those movies, and I want to see that new project.
                  Last edited by Gate gal; 17 January 2007, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                    As long as we can share cold chips together your Great in my book

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...ps_300x193.jpg
                    Eat cold potato wedges with you?

Comment

Hi all...not gonna be here long...but I did just want to pop in quickly to say that even though I haven't seen LITS, I'm glad that everyone is happy with it...Amanda is such a talented actor...I can't wait to see it!
                      So...(((Samanda))) and (((Amanda)))...night everyone...take care, be safe and stay happy!

Hey Eve....how is Julia?? Sorry I haven't been on msn...RL is so so atm...but was wondering how Julia was.
                      Thanks schnook!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                        Sounds to me like the fire was lit under that oil just a bit too soon. Personally, I'm relieved that there is at least the possibility that this was a mistake.
                        Spoiler:
                        I want an SGA with Amanda and Tori, and until new confirmation (pulled interviews don't count, right?) I'm going to assume that Amanda will be in 14 episodes and Torri will be in all of them. I'd take Amanda for all 20, but we need her in those movies, and I want to see that new project.
                        Hmm. That's an interesting take but I don't believe it's an accurate one.

I think more than likely either that interview snippet was dated, or simply because the focus of the piece was positive, they didn't want to highlight what might be perceived as negative. It also didn't mention any other significant cast changes, such as SPOILERS FOR SGA
                        Spoiler:
                        losing Paul or gaining Michael Beach and Jewel Staite.
                        From my humble perspective, it was meant to pump up how, as Torri put it, having the production focused on one show will make it "richer and tighter," or as Brad put it, shoring up the fan base.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Hmm. That's an interesting take but I don't believe it's an accurate one.

I think more than likely either that interview snippet was dated, or simply because the focus of the piece was positive, they didn't want to highlight what might be perceived as negative. It also didn't mention any other significant cast changes, such as SPOILERS FOR SGA
                          Spoiler:
                          losing Paul or gaining Michael Beach and Jewel Staite.
                          From my humble perspective, it was meant to pump up how, as Torri put it, having the production focused on one show will make it "richer and tighter," or as Brad put it, shoring up the fan base.
                          Unfortunately, you are probably right. I really wish this would have gone a different way. It could have been handled sooooo much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I hope it was a mistake but probably not
                            Spoiler:
                            I too want to see Amanda and Tori together. Think of the great character development they could get in for Sam and Elizabeth.

The timing of it all smells like we're being played. Gotta fill in that big gap between episodes - keep the fans talking ..........

I keep seesawing between optimism and pessimism about Sam going to Atlantis. At the moment I'm optimistic after seeing Line In The Sand but then there is Blog!Gate and I'm a lemming so what would I know about it
                            -

Comment

Not sure if anyone's posted one yet or not, but here is a transcript of Sam/Cameron's scenes. Hopefully I didn't miss anything because it's nearly 3am here. Yikes!

Spoiler:

Sam is working on the device. An Ori soldier enters the room just as she turns around and before she has time to react, he shoots. Mitchell rushes in to the room and shoots the soldier as Sam falls to the floor.

Mitchell: Sam! It's ok. You're ok.

Mitchell pulls her over and they both look down at the wound.

Mitchell: You're gonna be fine, just stay with me. Alright, we have to move.

Sam: We can't.

Mitchell: We have to.

Sam: The device.

Mitchell: Right.

He pulls out some C4 from his vest pocket.

Sam: No! You can't destroy it.

Mitchell: Well what do you want me to do? I can't carry you and all that junk.

Sam: Activate it.

Mitchell runs over to the device as Sam withers on the floor.

Mitchell: It's no good. They're fried.

Sam: All of them?

Mitchell: Well we've got one working.

Sam: By-pass the other *grimacing in pain* two. Connect the leads.

Mitchell: Alright, what's next?

Sam: There's a macro on the main control screen.

Mitchell: I have no idea where that is.

Sam's passed out.
                              Mitchell: Sam? SAM!

The Ori are approaching. Mitchell fiddles with Sam's computer.

Mitchell: That's it. I think. Well it better be it.

He hits the enter button and the building they are in disappears.

--------------------

Sam wakes up on the floor, lying on her side with Mitchell tending to her wound.

Mitchell: Hold still. Hold still.

Sam is in obvious pain.

Mitchell: Hang on. This should help.

Mitchell gives her a shot of morphine and continues to tend to her wound.

Sam: How long was I out.

Mitchell: Well unfortunately, not long enough for me to finish this. Just hang on.

Sam: What's going on outside?

Mitchell: The shootings stopped. The Ori army is in control.

An Ori soldier enters the room.

Sam(frightened): Cam.

Mitchell grabs his P-90 and aims it behind him. The soldier can't see them and leaves.

Mitchell: Damn it, Sam. Don't scare me like that.

He gently pushes her back over so he can finish putting on a dressing.

Mitchell: Ah the device is on...I forgot to mention that. I don't know how big the field is. I think you and I are the only ones inside it.

Sam: Teal'c and Vala?

Mitchell: Oh I tried to contact them on the radio. There's no response.

Sam: Well, that can mean anything.

Mitchell: It could. Hey, we'll pull through this Sam.

Sam looks as if she's fighting to hold back the tears.

------------------------------------------

Sam wakes up in bed gasping from pain.

Mitchell: It's getting worse?

Sam: It's not getting better.

Mitchell: Listen, I've been thinking.

Sam: Uh-oh.

Mitchell: Yeah. Dangerous, I know. I can leave the field and still stay out of phase, right?

Mitchell gives Sam another shot of morphine in the leg.

Mitchell: I was thinking I'd take some C-4 and plant it around the perimeter. Come back here. Use the explosion as a distraction.

Sam is shaking her head.

Mitchell: What? You haven't heard the rest of the plan.

Sam: You can't leave the device here.

Mitchell: Well, I was going to save some C4 for that as well.

Sam: You can not sacrifice the device for me. It is still our best chance again the Ori.

Mitchell: No offense, but that gizmo isn't showing a whole lot of promise right now.

Sam: It will work. It just wasn't ready for this.
                              I'm probably not gonna make it either way.

Mitchell: No. Don't you start to talk like that.

Sam: Cam, you have to face the fact that I'm going to die here.

Mitchell: No I don't have to face that fact because I am not going to allow it.

Sam: I appreciate that. But the truth is, even if you manage to create a distraction and destroy the device, you are never going to get me to the gate by yourself.

Mitchell: Yes. I. Will.

Sam shakes her head.

Sam: Not alive.

---------------------

Mitchell: Hey. Carter, wake up. No sleeping.

Sam: My laptop. There's a file.

Mitchell: You want me to get it?

Sam: (shakes her head): In my personal directory. Letters mostly.

Mitchell(looks down at the ground): Sam.

Sam: There's one to Cassie. Some other people. Password is fishing.

Mitchell: Aaaah see, now you're gonna have to change the password.
                              Sam, don't give up on me. You gotta think of my position here.
                              I worked my ass off to get this team back together, now we've lost --- we'll we've lost Jackson. I can't lose you too.

Sam: I've spent my entire life dedicated to science.

Sam is beginning to wheeze when she breathes.

Sam: I've spent the last ten years trying to convince people that they've believed in false gods. I don't think science is going to help me. Right now. I was hoping -- somewhere -- one of those gods.

Mitchell: My grandma used to say, "God is like a prairie windstorm. If you look too hard you'll get dust in your eyes, but there's still plenty of ways to know it's there.

Sam: Is that what you believe?

Mitchell: Well I just generally nodded until she gave me a macaroon. There is one thing that I do know is true. The mind is a powerful thing. No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes all the difference in the world. You just don't give up. Tell yourself whatever you have to. Just believe that you're going to make it Sam.

The Ori prior enters.

Mitchell: Oh crap.

The prior hits his staff weapon against the ground and the area around him is enveloped within a white light. The white light dissapates and he stumbles as if weakened by his actions. Mitchell walks over to the Prior who obviously can not see him.
                              Mitchell: Guess you're little bag of tricks don't work on us. Huh?
                              Prior: Show yourself or this village will be destroyed.
                              Mitchell: Score one for science.

---------------------------------
                              Mitchell: So what we gotta do is expand the shield around the village for just a little while.
                              Sam: There's not enough power.
                              Mitchell: Carter, come on. There's gotta be something.
                              Sam: Oh!

Sam's back arches as the pain hits her.

Mitchell: Hang on, I'll get you some morphine.

She looks over at a Ori staff weapon on the ground.

Sam: Wait. I need to think clearly. There might still be a way.

-------------------------
                              Mitchell is removing the energy crystal from the Ori weapon.

Mitchell: You want me to use this?

Sam: The power crystal in Merlin's device was depleted. That's why we needed the naquadah generators.

Mitchell: I'm sorry, is that not apples and oranges.

Sam: Ancient and Ori technology is similiar. We can make it work for a short time.

Mitchell: Fine. So what do I do?

Sam: Put the crystal in the back of the device.

Mitchell: Got it.

He tries to place the crystal into the open slot.

Mitchell: It's too big. It doesn't fit.

Sam: Power interface adapter.

Mitchell: What?

Sam: Connector. Generator Ancient Tech.

Sam's eyes roll back into her head. She appears to be really loopy.

Mitchell: Carter. You've had a lot of morphine. So I want you to explain it to me so that it makes sense.

--------------------------------------------

Mitchell is trying to hook up the device to the crystal and is shocked in his finger.

Sam: That's a good sign.

Mitchell: That's easy for you to say, you've just got a little flesh wound.
                              All right, what's next?

Sam(pointing across the room): Laptop.

Mitchell carries her laptop over to her and helps her sit up as she enters something into the computer.

---------------------------------------

Teal'c: Vala Mal Doran.

Vala leaps into Teal'cs arms.

Teal'c: Colonel Carter was able to expand the range of the device in time.

Teal'c through his com: Colonel Mitchell. Vala Mal Doran is here.

Mitchell: That's good news. Do we know if that ship has left?

Vala: As far as I know it has.

Mitchell: Ok. Look Carter's in bad shape. We need a med team here right away.

Sam is passed out.

-------------------------------

Back at the SGC. Sam is sitting up in bed working on her laptop. Mitchell is standing in the door.

Mitchell: Hey there. You're looking better.

Sam: Thanks. A few more weeks and I should be back in action.

Mitchell: Yeah. No. I don't wanna rush ya.

Sam: Listen Cam.

Mitchell: Sam. Don't say a word.

Sam smiles and gives a slight nod.

Mitchell hands Sam a small, brown bag.

Mitchell: Here. I baked you some macaroons.

Sam looks suprised.

Sam: You baked them?

Mitchell: Yeah, grandma's recipe.

Sam: Wow. Thanks.

Mitchell: Go on, try one.

Sam: You know what? Maybe a little later.

Mitchell: You don't like macaroons?

Sam: It's just that I'm still a little queasy.

Mitchell: Well try one. They'll make you feel better.

Mitchell sits down on the side of Sam's bed. Takes the bag from Sam. Opens the bag and reaches in and grabs one. He also sniffs the cookie before he hands it to Sam who looks rather worried. She takes a tiny bite and begins to chew.

Mitchell: Pretty good, huh?

Sam nods her head.

Sam: Actually, they are pretty good.

Mitchell: You hate it?

Sam( nodding her head) Yep. Sorry.

Mitchell: Well, to each their own.

Sam: Thank you.

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 January 2007, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Im new hear so I wanted to thanks for all the great pictures of Sam and Amanda

Im really looking foreward to seeing Sam in Atlantis to espesially with John they will be soo cute together
                                SamShep it's what she deserves sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X