Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    Um, no. My sig says that I am a slash fan. Ah but of course, that instantly makes me an AT/Sam hater, doesn't it.
    Do I need to justify my like of AT to be here?
    Gosh, once upon a time this thread had a motto, I wonder what it was.

FF, who doesn't think that a smiley makes that comment at all amusing.
    (((FF)))
    Of course, you love Amanda and Sam, or you wouldn't be here. And, here is where you belong. (I started to say a lot more, but I realized that is wasn't necessary so...DELETE)

Comment

Yes. Please begin.

*kisses FF*

Last edited by minigeek; 17 January 2007, 10:31 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        FF you have always been welcome here, and always will be
        Indeed!

ETA: I miss my Sam/Daniel moments, too. You'd think stuff like that would come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          Yes. Please begin.

*kisses FF*

Oh, I'll play! I'll play!

Why I love AT: (not in order of importance, just a random list)
          1) She plays my very favorite character on t.v.
          2) She is extremely talented in her craft.
          3) She's a great role model.
          4) She is open and approachable (rare quality for anyone, especially a celebrity).
          5) She's kind to people. (She's the favorite of all the guest stars.)
          6) She actually remembers her fans. (I wouldn't be able to do that since I often forget my own name. This is another rare quality.)
          7) She is a hard worker. (She puts everything into whatever she is doing.)
          8) She uses her status to be an advocate for those without a voice.
          9) She has a great sense of humor.
          10) She would fit right in with the rest of us nuts (not that I'm implying that AT is as nutty as we are).
          But I bet she is pretty nutty.
          I could keep going, but I think I've justified myself well enough for now.
          Last edited by Gate gal; 17 January 2007, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
            Oh, I'll play! I'll play!

Why I love AT: (not in order of importance, just a random list)
            1) She plays my very favorite character on t.v.
            2) She is extremely talented in her craft.
            3) She's a great role model.
            4) She is open and approachable (rare quality for anyone, especially a celebrity).
            5) She's kind to people. (She's the favorite of all the guest stars.)
            6) She actually remembers her fans. (I wouldn't be able to do that since I often forget my own name. This is another rare quality.)
            7) She is a hard worker. (She puts everything into whatever she is doing.)
            8) She uses her status to be an advocate for those without a voice.
            9) She has a great sense of humor.
            10) She would fit right in with the rest of us nuts (not that I'm implying that AT is as nutty as we are).
            But I bet she is pretty nutty.
            I could keep going, but I think I've justified myself well enough for now.
            Oh and let's not forget, that Amanda has brought together such an crazy eclectic group of fun people
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*Delurks*
              Hi Campers!
              I know I've been warned before *not* to drink things and read Samanda at the same time. I love waking up because I know that when I'm working *cough, cough, meant to be working* I know that you've all been awake and posted lots of crazy pics. Way too much liquid has gone up my nose since joining SaGC.

Okay. I just finished making a vid. Still new to the ins and outs of how to do it, and it's pretty much the only thing I've managed to do without something blowing up . But pure and 100% 'All Amanda'. (Even managed to avoid 'Ship!... Yes Mandy you read correctly) I have to warn though before I get skinned alive, there are two or three spoilers for season 10. Mostly from the first half but there is a clip from The Quest 2. So don't visit if you don't want to be spoiled

*nervously shuffles foot and offers link* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMyCMBkTDIc
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
                I was going to mention this too...I was just grabbing some caps from the episode. The look in her eyes really sold her performance to me

Line in the Sand pics (sorry if these are repeats from other posts)
                Spoiler:

but, after all, in my opinion there's no such thing as too many AT pictures

P.S--Yay for a mention of Cassie! The writers haven't forgotten about her.
                These caps are getting better and better. There's so much in her face ... fear and pain and anguish.

Now, when acting, you can go to your dark place and find something sad enough to make you cry (perhaps)
                Spoiler:
                BUT how do you show physical pain the way Amanda is doing? That is quite something to be able to be that convincing without actually having been shot.

Usually, physical trauma is intense and in-the-moment and, when it passes, your mind somehow makes it pass too (IMHO) ... kind of a psychological bandage. What I'm trying to say is that it seems easier to portray emotional pain by drawing on personal experience, but I think much harder to portray physical pain. I just am so impressed by her conveying such realism.

I still say, Canada's hidden treasure. She is such a fine actress.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                  *Delurks*
                  Hi Campers!
                  I know I've been warned before *not* to drink things and read Samanda at the same time. I love waking up because I know that when I'm working *cough, cough, meant to be working* I know that you've all been awake and posted lots of crazy pics. Way too much liquid has gone up my nose since joining SaGC.

Okay. I just finished making a vid. Still new to the ins and outs of how to do it, and it's pretty much the only thing I've managed to do without something blowing up . But pure and 100% 'All Amanda'. (Even managed to avoid 'Ship!... Yes Mandy you read correctly) I have to warn though before I get skinned alive, there are two or three spoilers for season 10. Mostly from the first half but there is a clip from The Quest 2. So don't visit if you don't want to be spoiled

*nervously shuffles foot and offers link* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMyCMBkTDIc
                  Wow, what a great video. I especially like, that it shows the strength Sam Carter has. It represents everything that makes her special: kindness, strength, friendship and care.

Thank you for sharing this video.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                    These caps are getting better and better. There's so much in her face ... fear and pain and anguish.

I still say, Canada's hidden treasure. She is such a fine actress.
                    I would go out on a limb and say the acting world's hidden treasure!!

Comment

*Delurks*
                      Hi Campers!

Woot! This one's a winner! You captured some of my favourite Sam moments and really is a lovely tribute! You're a natural at this! More, more!

Thanks, 422!

The other 422

Comment

*Delurks*
                        Hi Campers!

Nice work MegYn
                        but I thought you said you avoded ship I definitely saw

Spoiler:
                        Sam and Thor
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Great work, MegYn! Girl's got skillz!

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post

Sorry, Eve. I had to tell someone!
                            Spoiler:
                            And the whump! *bites finger nails*
                            Jena, hun...Squeee isn't telling...really it isn't...and I didn't mind at all I don't hate spoilers...I just am not going to read them at the moment...but if you tell me them I don't read them eh

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
                            I was going to mention this too...I was just grabbing some caps from the episode. The look in her eyes really sold her performance to me

Line in the Sand pics (sorry if these are repeats from other posts)
                            Spoiler:

but, after all, in my opinion there's no such thing as too many AT pictures
                            snip...

P.S--Yay for a mention of Cassie! The writers haven't forgotten about her.
                            Thank you great caps...Still haven't seen the ep thought but going to do that tonight...I love the last one...it is the I-am-scared-but-also-can-overcome-this look...Love it

Um, no. My sig says that I am a slash fan. Ah but of course, that instantly makes me an AT/Sam hater, doesn't it.
                            Gosh, once upon a time this thread had a motto, I wonder what it was.

FF, who doesn't think that a smiley makes that comment at all amusing.
                            ((((Frostfox))))
                            We love you no matter what... And everyone is welcome here...and still kindness reigns here!!!
                            And if you want you can always tell us why you like Amanda... I mean I think we all love to hear it. But we know you do so
                            Stay and enjoy yourself here

*Delurks*
                            Hi Campers!

Megyn, I love your vid...and you know K's Choice is a Belgian group...
                            I really liked the clips you used and the effect...you are good hun Keep making vids cause you ROCK

Comment

Thought you guys might like to see this snippet that I've just posted... Beware SPOILERS for ROAD NOT TAKEN

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....3&postcount=17

Those who like spoilers... Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
                                Wow, what a great video. I especially like, that it shows the strength Sam Carter has. It represents everything that makes her special: kindness, strength, friendship and care.

Thank you for sharing this video.
                                Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                                Woot! This one's a winner! You captured some of my favourite Sam moments and really is a lovely tribute! You're a natural at this! More, more!

Thanks, 422!

The other 422
                                *Blush* Thanks... that just means... so much, you have no idea.

*came back to edit* And thanks to those who were posting while I was posting!*

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Nice work MegYn
                                but I thought you said you avoded ship I definitely saw

Spoiler:
                                Sam and Thor
                                D'oh!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X