Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BC - 303 View Post
    Has samantha carter appeared in season 3 of atlantis at all, because if she does, shes made appearances in all 3 seasons so far. (Letters from pegases and Grace under presure).
    She was in McKay and Mrs Miller.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
      If that's the case with TH then I wish someone had made a more definitive statement to that effect.
      definitely. i really want to hear a statement from TH to hear how she feels about it, so that we can try to understand where TPTB are coming from on this. i don't know what to think of all this, but i'm hoping it works out for all involved.

Spoiler:
      DH seems to be the only actor being interviewed so far on this, but he seems very enthusiastic about sam/amanda coming on board for s4, so hopefully the others are too.

anyway, to summarise. might work, might not, hope it does, feel sorry for TH & fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
        I did.

Spoiler:
        It was a good episode. Even Mitchell was quite decent in it. He’s a better field medic than he is a leader. Teal’c didn’t have as much to do as the others, but he did have a part to play. Vala was good, especially in her interactions with Tomin. CB played that well.

Sam was wonderful (as usual) – she was able to think up a way to rig a device to save a village from destruction at the hands of the Ori army and she did it while doped up on morphine.
        And i missed it oh well theres the repeats

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
        She has been in "McKay and Mrs. Miller" in season three.
        Then its official, she has been in all Stargate seasons since season 1 of SG1.
        Thats alot of Samantha Carther
        Hola

Hello

Comment

That is right and did not Brad Wright say in his interview, that he wanted to bring Carter over to Atlantis for a long time. Maybe that was the preperation for Sam moving over to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
            I did.

Spoiler:
            It was a good episode. Even Mitchell was quite decent in it. He’s a better field medic than he is a leader. Teal’c didn’t have as much to do as the others, but he did have a part to play. Vala was good, especially in her interactions with Tomin. CB played that well.

Sam and AT were wonderful (as usual) – she was able to think up a way to rig a device to save a village from destruction at the hands of the Ori army and she did it while doped up on morphine.
            Thanks for that. It seems it was well-received, but I guess we'll see over the next day or so what people thought of it. Doesn't it come on again in a day or so?

And BC - 303, that's a pretty cool observation! I'd never really thought of that before.

Comment

One good thing about Sky One. They'll show it again on Saturday.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

So even if your an Atlantis Only watcher, you have still seen your fair share of sam, which should help come next season.
                I REALLY hope it works out well (Sam in season 4 of Atlantis). And i know it will, stargate fans just love to ***** before they see anything work out. Before Season 9 (and in the first few episodes) over 50% hated it. Now season 9 is long over, less then 15% still hate it, the rest have adapted and moved on.
                Hola

Hello

Comment

line in the sand, season 10, brief summary (well i say brief, but we'll see how it goes. this is me we're talking about here)
                  Spoiler:

nice opening sequence (including a little hip bump from vala, which was nice), although they did seem quite up beat considering daniel is missing (again!). they come through the gate all happy that their experiment with sam's modified merlin devicey thing (technical term!) went well. sam's being all modest, while cam and vala are trying to say that she's awesome. landry says that he wants them to get changed and meet in the briefing room with he and reynolds because they have the perfect idea for the next level of their experiments with the device, which is designed to "hide" an area by placing it (and everything in it) out of phase.

they meet in the briefing room, reynolds reports that there's a village under imminent threat from the ori. basically, they want to hide the entire village, but sam says she doesn't think its ready for that level, the others disagree, and they're told to go ahead with the mission.

they go to the village, sam sets up her equipment (including about 3 naquada reactors) they test the device, it works, then a while later something interupts the field and it fails. chaos ensues, the ori's buddies arrive, sam gets hit in the stomach. she's in the building where the device is, with cam, and she has to talk him through fixing the device. however, 2 of the naquadah reactors won't work, so they have to bypass those 2 and use only 1 reactor. sam passes out, cam has to get the reactor back on himself now. he does it just in time, and only their building is hidden.

sam regains consciousness, cam fills her in on what happened. the ori soldiers are going nuts trying to find out what happened to the building. teal'c is off in the woods or something (can't really remember to be honest), vala is still in the village. tomin (vala's husband) shows up, orders the other soldiers to take vala back to the ship, and to kill the villagers that remain.

there are other's who manage to go off and hide in another building, teal'c finds them. one of them tries to betray them and reveals teal'c (who's wearing a hooded cloak) to the soldiers who show up in the building they're hiding in. a prior shows up.

back on the ori ship, tomin is trying to convert vala to the teachings of origin. eventually he changes his mind about origin himself, and helps vala to escape, but refuses to go with her.

back with cam and sam, she tells him that she's going to die, and that he should go into her personal directory in her computer, there are things in there, mostly letters, one to cassie and to some other people. the password is fishing.

anyway, they eventually manage to expand the field upon discovering that the ori are planning on destroying the village from orbit (they figure it out when they see the soldiers leaving), and vala arrives back on the planet (as described earlier, im actually kind of butchering this summary a bit) to see a complete wasteland. she's all, WTF?, then the village appears around her, teal'c his behind her. very cute moment with them, where she jumps up into his arms.

cam tells them via radio that sam is hurt bad.

back to earth, sam in the infirmary, says that she'll be ready for active duty in a few weeks. cute moment with them.

fin.

uummm, don't worry, someone will do a better summary soon.

Comment

I haven't posted in this thread before but have lurked from time to time, lol. I'm a huge Sam fan and just had to post here after watching AT's performance tonight in 'Line in the sand'. Thought it was absolutely fantastic and think AT is amazing. Loved the way Sam could still come up with brilliant ideas when half-conscience and doped up on morphine, she's fantastic - can't wait until next week.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

ooh oooh, rachel500 just put a summary on the s/j thread, and its like, way way way, a million times better than mine! go there now! its in chronological order of the events in the episode and everything!

Comment

So even if your an Atlantis Only watcher, you have still seen your fair share of sam, which should help come next season.
                        I REALLY hope it works out well (Sam in season 4 of Atlantis). And i know it will, stargate fans just love to ***** before they see anything work out.
                        i hope this works too, but i'm not sure her appearances constitute a "fair share". it'd be like bringing Jacob in season 4 to play a role like Hammond's (as much as i'm madly in love with Jacob).
                        Spoiler:
                        while downgrading, say, Teal'c and killing, say, Janet
                        in other words, i doubt it'll be much of a help.
                        Before Season 9 (and in the first few episodes) over 50% hated it. Now season 9 is long over, less then 15% still hate it, the rest have adapted and moved on.
                        *raises eyebrow at statistics* sure.

welcome Nikki, but gah!!! spoiler tags!! i've been spoiled enough lately with the state of the forum. thanks.
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

'Line in the sand'
                          Spoiler:
                          Amanda was fantastic (as usual) in this episode, great acting by all of them, but AT did such a great job when she was hurt, it would be so easy to over do it, but I thought she nailed it perfect.
                          Even got a little SQUEE moment, sorry can't help being a S/J shipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah View Post
                            'Line in the sand'
                            Spoiler:
                            Amanda was fantastic (as usual) in this episode, great acting by all of them, but AT did such a great job when she was hurt, it would be so easy to over do it, but I thought she nailed it perfect.
                            Even got a little SQUEE moment, sorry can't help being a S/J shipper.
                            Waaa!

Spoiler:
                            Sam whumping has occurred, and I have to wait months to see it. Bugger.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
                              go there now!
                              No.

Comment

Then its official, she has been in all Stargate seasons since season 1 of SG1.
                                Thats alot of Samantha Carther
                                And that doesn't even include all the episodes in which she is mentioned. From what I have heard, she is mentioned at least three times in S3 so it's obvious to me that the writers have been planning to add Sam to the Atlantis storyline for quite some time.

I just think like with SG-1, it isn't the fact that they are adding an additional character to the mix, it's the fact that they trrying to make too many changes all at once and sadly I believe it's all gonna blow up in their faces once again. I truly believe that fans are capable of handling changes to the cast and dealing with it well enough if they are given time to adjust, but you can't just push the main characters of a show aside and suddenly introduce two or three new characters and expect everyone to ignore the fact that their favorite characters are no longer around as much. Which is exactly what they did with SG-1 and appear to be doing with Atlantis.

I'll just keep sending positive mental vibes to Amanda and hope that she realizes that there are many fans out here who still support her when things start to heat up.

Comment

Working...
                                X