Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazedturkey View Post
    evenin' Samandans.
    Can I second the call to hear anything about what's in the interviews? I can never get anything on that site to work.
    Although, I have heard about
    Spoiler:
    Amanda being in 14 episodes!!! 14!! OMG! Tomorrow morning I will probably start worrying about how they are going to user her, and whether it will be problematic etc., but in the meantime I am going to jump up and down like a loon and say Yay! Woohoo! We may have no more SG-1, but we are still going to have Sam!!!
    And in my humble opinion, the more Sam the better!
    *parties*

Also. I don't know if this is the right place for this, so tell me to get rid of it if you like, and I won't be offended.
    I wrote a little ficlet, called Always, which can be found here on LJ. It's only 745 words, and it's my first every stargate fanfic. I'd love some feedback, good and bad....
    [/pimpage]
    Thanks for the info c/turkey
    Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
    I've been able to listen to the Brad Wright, Rob Cooper, and David Hewlett interviews and this is what I got out of it:
    Spoilers for season 4 SGA and SG-1 movies:
    Spoiler:

AT will be in 14 episodes. All three sounded very enthused about it and said wonderful things about Amanda and Sam.
    Brad Wright mentioned that if the ratings for season 10 would have been higher, that most likely Scifi would have approved an eleventh season.
    They are trying to get RDA in both movies, but particularly the second one. there should be a number of familiar faces in the second movie, and it is a stand alone called Stargate: Continuum (by Brad Wright). It is the movie that will test the waters for the possibility of more SG-1 movies. The first movie finishes off the Ori storyline (by RCC).
    Brad Wright mentioned that Sam will go over to Atlantis in a ship---and they have had this idea for Sam in Atlantis for a long time. It's just that SG-1 kept going on so Sam stayed in SG-1.
    Brad Wright seemed to be saying that Weir will now be a recurring character, but I'd like others to check that too. I might have misinterpreted what he said.
    David Hewett loves Amanda---he's very excited about her being on Atlantis. Brad and RCC also said wonderful things.

I think those are the big headlines.
    Yep...definitely big headlines! Not all good IMHO!
    Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
    I was surprised that she's doing 14 episodes. She's going to be a very busy lady considering she has those 14 eps plus she''ll be filming the 2 movies and let's not forget her "project" that has yet to be explained. Those including having a family will be a lot on her plate!
    I tire just thinking of it all!
    When I watch Amanda in S9&10 I reackon she looks tired...but that's just my opinion...I mean she's gorgeous and all but I gotta hope she's not taking on to much now...I dunno...I have mixed feelings about all this news right now...and my shippy side is really not happy at all
    I love SGA and I hope this change doesn't reflect badly on Amanda...
    Originally posted by tagger View Post
    Happy for Amanda that she will not have to move, she continues to have a steady "gig", and she gets to work with people she likes.
    Worried for Amanda and Sam re: fandom reaction.
    Going way out on a limb here, but I have decided I will trust TPTB to write her well again. If they are giving her that many episodes, I think it is an indication they will want more of Sam in the franchise as a whole - YAY. I hope they give Amanda some meaty episodes so she doesn't get bored, so she stays challenged.
    Somehow, I don't want Sam's development to be at expense of any character....

Agree with the concerns regarding limits of time - a ton on her plate.
    Well said tagger...I'm happy that Amanda continues to have a steady job so that she doesn't have to up-root the family and move...I'm happy if she's happy too...BUT...I am worried about the reaction to all this...I hope it gets accepted well by most SG fans...either way I'm behind Amanda 100%....however I will say this...
    Spoiler:
    I'm not feeling too optimistic about any resolution to the Sam/Jack ship...which saddens me...I really hoped that TPTB would have listened to the fans and seen that the ship sells and acted on it...if they ship Sam with someone else then my disappointment in the show and it's creators will hit an all time low...I'm not totally discounting it yet though...but with Sam's move to the Pegasus galaxy, one does wonder where that leaves her and Jack...I is not happy!

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    I agree with what you've said. I'm also a bit wary of the backlash against the actors. Already there are polls, and in other threads you see things written like...
    Spoiler:
    "We don't need Amanda and Jewel." I think they'll both be disliked since it seems they'll be taking over Torri's and Paul's screen time.

It looks like there are the same problems for Atlantis as happened on SG-1 - too many changes at the same time.
    I choose to ignore the polls and negative comments where possible...but I guess we can all agree that the backlash of this is going to be a concern for most of us...do you think TPTB considered any of this??
    Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    Nora thank you for spending your day with your busy schedule transcribing those for us...it won't let me green ya but I wanted you to know we really appreciate your efforts!
    Absolutely...thank you for the transcribes!
    Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    You know what I decided? I've decided to be happy about this news. Why?
    Because it means we get more Amanda and Sam. How cool is that???
    So let's see how it all plays out.
    Yeah...it is cool...but I still really looked forward to some S/J ship...it's almost like being kicked in the face with the way they've handled it...

Basically...the way I feel about all this is that I'm thrilled for Amanda and yet I am also concerned for her as well...I also feel for the SGA fans who may feel dejected by the changes...I'm not looking forward to watching Unending...but I am going to remain optimistic about the movies...just as long as they don't ship McKay and Sam...OMG...that would just be disasterous!!
    I'm gonna wait a bit longer and see how it plays out...I hate to jump the gun and get all flustered and upset and then they create something totally wicked...that would be a waste of my time and energy...nope...I'm not gonna cry just yet...and I'm not gonna get too excited either...just gonna sit here in my little humble abode and wait for more spoilers......

(((Samandans))) ...hope you all have a great day!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      Okay for those that have not been able to see it here is what David Hewlett said about Amanda

Spoiler:
      DH: (......there is just something about her, about her personality, about the way she deals with people that goes beyond, it makes her, she is beautiful anyways but there is just that extra kind of a glow about Amanda......
      There, ya see?! We're not wackos! Vindication, I say. Still ... someone should really chat with David about the whole glowing thing (I'd twirl my finger near my head if anyone could actually see me right now). Mad as a hatter, that boy. Comes with being a genius, I suppose.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        If Carter's getting her own ship, I'd like to see her promoted to full bird - they can go ahead and canonize that in any Stargate incarnation they want. Please and thank you.

In all seriousness, having Carter promoted and given her own command ( be it a ship, regardless ) would really be a "full circle" sort of step for her character within Stargate. Given she started out the young, eager, Captain under the surly, jaded Colonel - for her character to fill the role of a Colonel would really be good for that arc. Dare I say - formulaic, even?

I like it.

Comment

There, ya see?! We're not wackos! Vindication, I say. Still ... someone should really chat with David about the whole glowing thing (I'd twirl my finger near my head if anyone could actually see me right now). Mad as a hatter, that boy. Comes with being a genius, I suppose.
          LOL yeah watching David's was funny at times. Plus I can't remember if it was when he walked in on Andy Mikita's interview or one of the side comments he made to people in the room during the interviews, but this interview took place during the time that he had no power at home.

The thing about several off the interviews is they make comments about how they will not show them before certain episodes air, yet they are online before the second half of SG1 or SGA in the US, so there are a few big spoilers confirmed in the interviews. The editing or lack there of is pretty bad in a couple of them as well. There are a couple different times were questions were asked or the person being interviewed started on a different thought and the interviewer would say lets do that again that is an important point so lets do it right.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

In all seriousness, having Carter promoted and given her own command ( be it a ship, regardless ) would really be a "full circle" sort of step for her character within Stargate. Given she started out the young, eager, Captain under the surly, jaded Colonel - for her character to fill the role of a Colonel would really be good for that arc. Dare I say - formulaic, even?
            Wow. I would love that. Absolutely love it. It would be perfect!
            Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            Or maybe it's literally her own ship - the Asgard designed and built 'The Samantha Carter'
            I would love that too!!

Comment

LOL at Martin Wood.

Martin: Hello! I'm Amanda Tapping.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

LOL the finance payments on a rig like that would be ASTRONOMICAL.
                Oh but so worth it...

LOL at Martin Wood.

Martin: Hello! I'm Amanda Tapping.
                *giggles* He soooo wishes...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  I like Sam, but not to the point that a character on SGA is now being reduced to recurring status, and the only logical reason is to make room for Sam
                  Not really. We're not in a position to come to any conclusions. And given that the skills and expertise of Sam and Weir are so different, I think it's highly unlikely. Not logical at all, in fact.

If McKay were the one with reduced episodes (or Sheppard even), I'd say you were well on to something. But no, not Weir. Makes no sense.
                  scarimor

Comment

You know what I decided? I've decided to be happy about this news. Why?

Because it means we get more Amanda and Sam. How cool is that???

We don't know the circumstances surrounding her going to Atlantis and it's dangerous to even speculate. But the thought of her being there for fourteen eps means there's a lot of potential there...especially if Brad Wright's keeping a tight reign on the show like I suspect he will be.

Some people will love the idea and some people won't. We can't control that...but we can control how we respond. So if you're happy about it, then be happy and if you're not, you're not...but let's all be respectful of other people's feelings...which I know we always strive to do around here.

Again...some people will love this idea...and some people will hate it. You can't please everyone all the time so don't tie yourself into knots trying to do so. I think that's an incredibly wise and reasoned response from Amanda herself and I think I'll take that position too since worrying about what we can't control is pointless.

So let's see how it all plays out.
                    Hey über,
                    spoilers season 4 SGA:
                    Spoiler:
                    I love your idea I think I am also going to try to be happy about it...Cause you are right...we see Amanda more...and that is worth it all...I really think we and everyone else should wait and see what's happening...
                    I mean we don't know what really is the motivation of it. We don't know why Weir is re-accuring role...We don't know what Sam will be doing in SGA so I think it is the best that we wait for more spoilers or wait for the eps to air...
                    And then we can say what we think about all those changes...
                    Just wait and see...I think we as Amanda fans better just be happy cause we see her more...and then if it airs then we can say how we like it or how we don't like it...

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    I like Sam, but not to the point that a character on SGA is now being reduced to recurring status, and the only logical reason is to make room for Sam
                    spoilers SGA season 4
                    Spoiler:
                    Well honestly I do like Weir but I can't say I am surprised about this...Really she has not been given less and less screetime... I thought you could see it coming. And it makes me sad to see her in a recurring character. But I don't think you can blame Amanda or Sam for it...I mean it isn't her idea...I think the PTB are the ones who cause this upon everyone...
                    I think you just have to wait and see... give it a change and you will see how things work out...

If Carter's getting her own ship, I'd like to see her promoted to full bird - they can go ahead and canonize that in any Stargate incarnation they want. Please and thank you.

spoilers season 4 SGA
                    Spoiler:
                    Mini...I love it and thought about it myself wouldn't it be great to see Sam on her own ship?? I hope this is really what going to happen...I mean that she has her own ship around Atlantis to keep it save... And that Rodney still keep the same... that he still is the one who fixes everything and that they only ask Sam if they really are stuck with it.
                    But I am happy about Sam being on SGA

Comment

Hey guys,
                      haven't written and read THAT much in the last couple of days, cause I didn't want do read the spoilers and things on Quest 2 before I've seen it myself:

Spoiler:
                      So now I did and I was really a great sequence to part one! Very, very nice to see Stargate SG1 being Stargate SG1 again. In Germany we got s9 on TV right now and compared to s10, it's really not reaching season 10. What a great scene, Sam pushing Baal! And it was really human like - how she..ermm..how do I express this in English?...shook? her hand afterwards. Not any Superhero-like - just Sam (and I think a little AT).

On the Interview thing and the XX episodes in SGA

Spoiler:
                      I really like the idea of having Sam/AT in Atlantis and to have her one more year in the series (except of the movies). But how the heck are they gonna do this??? I mean ...14!...dam* much. I'm not sure, what to think about this number, right now....maybe too much, maybe great? I think it depends on how the do it and how it turns out.

Have a great day,
                      Mick

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

There's no way you can convince me that this is the new uniform.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Nice picture and quote where did ya find it?

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                            Nice picture and quote where did ya find it?
                            The picture is from New Order Pt. II I believe and I think the quote was just something Sg Gato made up as a caption.

Comment

Samanda story update

Tracy is still on sick leave so regan it's your turn next. gategal, when you get done - no pressure hon - please pm your part to ReganX so that she can get a headstart

tracy, let me know when you feel up to your turn
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post

There's no way you can convince me that this is the new uniform.

Pla-thunk! AT has amazing posture. And a pretty back. There is nice detailing on the back of that gown.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X