Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
    Wow, the list is really getting long and now a book cover! This is such a cool project! I better scurry off to read Strix's chapter.

Mini, the links haven't been working for me, so I just go to at.com then fanfic then storystream.
    Thanks GG! That worked! D'oh ... why didn't I thinka that???

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      *whine* - does anyone have a link to it? I signed up a while ago on the website but all the email links it sends me don't seem to work. I know I should go back in the thread and find the information but... please? [/end whine] - oh and count me in too, please. Busy is no excuse for not joining in, I know! lol - I definitely will need help in the way of beta assistance from a veteran writer like Strix or Sky or Mandy or someone around here. Gasp.

Go to www.amandatapping.com
      Go to Fanfiction
      Go to Story Stream
      Go to Part 1
      At the end of Part one click Go to Part 2.
      (I don't see where you can jump chapters - doesn't mean it's not there though)

ETA Don't know nothin' 'bout no stinkin' e-mails. Attendance has been a bit spotty lately.
      suse
      Last edited by suse; 02 January 2007, 07:46 PM. Reason: hatchetted spelling
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        Go to www.amandatapping.com
        Go to Fanfition
        Go to Story Stream
        Go to Part 1
        At the end of Part one click Go to Part 2.
        (I don't see where you can jump chapters - doesn't mean it's not there though)

suse
        Thanks Suse. I took yours and GG's advice. It worked.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

There's a first. Like Sam, I usually blow something up. Unlike Sam, that's usually not the intention.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

There's a first. Like Sam, I usually blow something up. Unlike Sam, that's usually not the intention.

suse
            ROFL, hey we could be twins! I'm a computer clutz too.

Strix, wow, another great chapter! This just keeps getting better and better. Man, am I the first of the inexperienced fanfic writers in the lineup? I'm going to be calling on some betas.

Comment

suse
              ROFL, hey we could be twins! I'm a computer clutz too.

Strix, wow, another great chapter! This just keeps getting better and better. Man, am I the first of the inexperienced fanfic writers in the lineup? I'm going to be calling on some betas.
              LOL yeah me too... I managed to crash my computer two days in a row! So what ...I guess that makes us triplets.

Yeah I agree it was another great chapter strix!!

Comment

My videos are playing upside down and I can't work out how I did it, let alone fix it. Quadruplets? Although, I'm already a twin so that would be quints?
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                  My videos are playing upside down and I can't work out how I did it, let alone fix it. Quadruplets? Although, I'm already a twin so that would be quints?
                  O.K., just another reason why we love Sam....She's just way better at everything technological than we are!

Comment

*whine* - does anyone have a link to it? I signed up a while ago on the website but all the email links it sends me don't seem to work. I know I should go back in the thread and find the information but... please? [/end whine] - oh and count me in too, please. Busy is no excuse for not joining in, I know! lol - I definitely will need help in the way of beta assistance from a veteran writer like Strix or Sky or Mandy or someone around here. Gasp.
                    I'd be happy to assist, m'dear. I just don't promise to catch all spelling mistakes.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      SO let's move onto something else. Anything else
                      Ok..well where to start...just got home from work...had 4 days off down at the beach...it was awesome...went snorkelling and swimming and took the kids to the local carnival...missed the riot...missed all the world news so have a lot to catch up on...came home yesterday to find out I'm an auntie again...my sis inlaw had a baby girl - Zoe Jade - so we went to see her last night...she's soooo tiny...and now it's back to work...and an outbreak of gastro...not me though...thank god...but what a pain in the mikta!!
                      Ok...I'm off to read some posts...looks like I got a lot to catch up on!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Okay...I've done my first draft of my Über-fork.

It's a teensie-weensie bit over though.

*giggles at the vastness of the above understatement*

So what happens if we're over? Like really, REALLY over? Are we talking slight reprimand or are we talking beating with a wet noodle???

I PM'd someone to ask them if they'd take a look at it before I send it on. I'll let you know if/when I hear back from them.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I found a "Which Stargate SG-1 character are you?" quiz...

and I think the results may be a bit dodgy

Me????? A Samantha Carter?????? - see results

It's fun - give it a go
                          -

Comment

I got Sam and Daniel equally! Then Hammond and Thor...

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/st...&f=55&g=5&h=50
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Another alternative (after I got tired of doing the AT.com and clicking route to get there) - I bookmarked the first chapter (Julia's) and start from there when I go to it. (Yeah - you do have to scroll to the end of each page to fork off to the next chapter, but it's a couple less clicks. )
                              http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...d.php?t=2&i=32 (Link to Julia's chapter)

No, you aren't the first new FF writer... tagger'd never written FF before & had one of the first chapters and she did a spectacular job! You'll do fine Gate_gal!

Humble advice - read through the earlier parts (for continuity's sake) and then let your mind brainstorm where you'd like to see the story/Sam go... so like if you were reading a really, really good Sam fic, based on what'd happened already, what would be a really cool and believable direction to take the story? Or like Sky said - if you're uncomfortable doing a lot of action (or whumpage! ), it's just as good (and needed!) to do description (like describing their reactions to what happened to them in the scene before and making a good set up for the next scene). Climb inside their minds...

And like everyone has said - we're all here - writers, readers, cheerleaders - so don't feel you're doing this alone - there's a lot of support out here rooting for you.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                              Okay...I've done my first draft of my Über-fork.

It's a teensie-weensie bit over though.

*giggles at the vastness of the above understatement*

So what happens if we're over? Like really, REALLY over? Are we talking slight reprimand or are we talking beating with a wet noodle???

I PM'd someone to ask them if they'd take a look at it before I send it on. I'll let you know if/when I hear back from them.
                              LOL! Did Übs do 10K instead?
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                                I just received the call......My Mom is at Peace now.
                                ((((Poz))))

I'm a few days late again, but did want to say I'm so sorry for your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X