Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about Sam's New Year's Resolutions

More FUN! - some of that implies a bit more time tinkering with the dohickies in the lab, hehehe
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      Sam would not mock the Rose Parade this year - she would watch it with Teal'c since George Lucas is the Grand Marshal - and one of the big highlights is to be the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars Float with the Grambling University Marching Band.
      Oh sweet!

She'd have the gang over and Teal'c would show his exuberance at the float...by inclining his head slightly more to the side than usual.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

if worse comes to worse Gategal go to at.com & then fanfiction to access the story...two birdies told me that Mandy's story is in the process of being added to the site by Kamil...

Comment

Samandans Story - Mandysg1's Part Is Up.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
            Looks like Mandy is not the only one that is fast
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

My fellow Samandans...

It's time for yet another painful reminder from me.

I had hoped that this wouldn't be necessary...and yet I see it is.

Oh yes...you all knew this was coming...so brace yourselves my friends...because the tempest is about to blow.

And if you don't know...you might be asking...WASSUP Ooooooobs???

Well I'll tell ya.

It's because of two days.

Two incredibly agonizing days.

That's how long I've sat here looking at the top of this thread noticing its decline back to FOUR STARS.

Now...I don't get why this has happened for the third time in as many months...and I don't guess the "why" part really matters in the long run, now does it?

All I DO know is that I'd hate to see the New Year start with Samanda at anything other than FIVE STARS it deserves.

So...if you haven't rated our fine thread...PLEASE DO SO NOW. Just click on the RATING at the top of this thread and select FIVE STARS.

Sommes-nous d'accord?
              Last edited by Uber; 30 December 2006, 09:30 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

O.K., I went through the main page at at.com and then to storystream. This story is really good! You guys have done a great job making it flow from author to author. Sam is in character (well, duh, this is Samanda), and I can't wait to read the next section!
                (((((Julia)))))
                (((((Sky)))))
                (((((ShimmeringStar)))))
                (((((MandySG1)))))

Comment

Looks like Mandy is not the only one that is fast
                  Yes, Yeah Kamil!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Thanks, but don't let it get around

Yes, Mandy is fast, but she's not cheap!

What would Sam do for New Year's? Work on some more dohickies. What else?
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                      Bu-bu-but...Bumping is so much fun!

Aw come on. You know you wanna do it. Just one teensie-weensie little one...huh?

*spots teh eeeeevil noodle*

*loses courage*

Okay. Something relevant and on topic then.

What about New Year traditions? I know in my family, my folks kiss at midnight on New Year's and I get a nice hug and a kiss. From my dog. Okay...and my folks too; 'tis a benefit of having them live in town. Then the next day, we have Hoppin' John with corn bread and just sit back and chill as a family.

Now...what kind of New Year traditions does Sam have?

Granted, I don't think she fully gets into such things but it's possible that over the last several years, losing Janet and her dad and such, that she might be more open to enjoying traditional-type gatherings.

I don't think she's a party-til-the-wee-hours woman...but rather enjoys spending it with either family or her team...and definitely Cassandra (if she's not out with her friends).

But as for the day itself...what traditions do you think she observes?

Good question. I imagine because of losing her mother early, there weren't many family traditions to fall back on. But I see Sam as a introspective type-thoughtful, you know. So I could see her using New Year's to sort of look back on her life, and enjoy the moments she might not have had time to enjoy the first time around. She's so busy, and focused; with so many demands on her time that I imagine she doesn't have a lot of opportunities to sit and think about things. New Year's could be one of those times for her.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        oh, i'm sure she's looking at vala, but sam only 'plays' with pitchers on her baseball team, not other catchers.
                        ROFL! No way, but I lurve the metaphor, sally!
                        scarimor

Comment

Sam would not mock the Rose Parade this year - she would watch it with Teal'c since George Lucas is the Grand Marshal - and one of the big highlights is to be the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars Float with the Grambling University Marching Band.
                          LOL! Now that you mention it, I do remember hearing that on the radio on Friday! I think 400 some ST fans from around the world were going to accompany 2 floats, weren't they?

Oh yeah, they'd all (Teal'c, Dan, Cam, a slightly disinterested Vala) be sitting around Sam's living room watching it and critiquing the parade and enjoying Teal'c's budding cooking skills...
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

*whew* I just e-mailed my part to Kamil

get ready Tagger
                            Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            Wow, you're fast!
                            Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            Good and fast! lol
                            It's those Samanda Synapses(tm) - swift and sleek, able to leap from this thought to that thought at the drop of a... in the blink of a... in the firing of a neuron...
                            Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 31 December 2006, 02:24 PM.
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

*whew* I just e-mailed my part to Kamil

get ready Tagger
                              Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                              Great job, Mandy! And thanks Kamil for getting it up so quick!

*offers tagger and Denise moral support* Go Tttttt! Go-oh Ttttt! Go Dddd! Go-oh Dddddd!

Next up Strix and then her Überness.

*eyes thread*

Now that we're on a roll... more volunteers? C'mon y'all... y'know you can do it. Just a thousand words or less of Sam-centric thoughts....

Comment

No spamming because there's no "p" in "Sam".

So... New year's resolutions... I reckon that Sam would do something typically female. Like try to give up her favourite chocolate or dessert (blue jello, anyone?) and faily miserably in the first two days minutes.

What do you mean that's just me?
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X