• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    so get at it kids

let's hit the big 60K before the year is out

but no bumping, no trash posts. it's gotta be real, not spam posts
    What's bumping?

We need to create a Gateworld dictionary, so we can look up what these things mean. Especially acronyms.
    Last edited by scifithinker; 30 December 2006, 07:34 PM. Reason: can't spell at bedtime
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      What's bumping?

We need to create a Gateworld dictionary, so we can look up what these things mean. Especially acronyms.
      Ah...the fine art of bumping.

Essentially, bumping is when you see that your favorite thread hasn't been posted in for a while and it loses positions in the category it's in. Samanda, for instance, is in the Characters and Relationships category.

People who don't want to see their thread drop too low on the first page of the category nor to "page 2" but don't have anything to add will simply write the word "BUMP" in their post...and post it. The new post then BUMPs the thread it to the top of the category page.

I haven't seen too much bumping on Samanda though. We're not really known for our inability to talk.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        What's bumping?

Last edited by scifithinker : Today at 11:34 PM. Reason: can't spell at bedtime

<snicker> Better than can't spell at all. I feel like I have Grinch fingers right now. (Hey! I wonder if he's related to Elphaba?)

suse
        but she's such a good little girl...not
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
          This year.... probably to schedule more "Me Time" - for rides on the rarely-used bike, taking Cassie on a spring break vacation......
          It took me a while to ungutter this in my mind... I think I need sleep!
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

*whew* I just e-mailed my part to Kamil

get ready Tagger
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
              I believe we can....

Okay everyone... so what New Year's Resolution(s) would Sam be making this year? (Or in past New Years?)

This year.... probably to schedule more "Me Time" - for rides on the rarely-used bike, taking Cassie on a spring break vacation......
              I think my idea fits along yours here.

I think she'd take more time to enjoy life. I think...given all she's been through, all she's lost and all she's done...she'd decide to give herself permission to seize the day more often...stifle the ever-present proper military attitude every now and then and just do whatever she wants and be more spontaneous.

So much so that if the desire struck her to take the Indian out for a spin, she'd just pick up her helmet, strap on the leather chaps and just.....GO.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                A muse is that litte bunny hopping around putting plots in your head....such as Doohickies
                Still waiting on that sequel.....
                Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                Congrats on 15,000 Sky!!!!!
                Ditto! Wow, that's a lot! I wonder how many of those posts involved a wet noodle....
                Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                What? You want more feedback? I already read that doohickie
                See, Poz already read that doohickie. We need another doohickie.
                Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                Welcome Blackrose!
                Ditto again!

Hmmm, I shouldn't have used multiquote since we are trying to reach 60,000. I really think I'd have hit 2000 by now if it weren't for the multiquote button.
                Now, I'm gonna go read SS's addition to the story. I am seriously thinking about trying my hand at this one, but I don't want to be immediately after a Sam whumper. I'd be tempted to "repair" her too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  ok, this should work
                  To view this fork, visit this URL:
                  http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...d.php?t=3&i=53

sorry shimmering star, i was having a senior moment today

mandy has part 5
                  tagger and I 6
                  Strix you can have 7 and oober 8

how's that strike y'all????

little correction Sky

shimmering star had part 3
                  so mine was part 4
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

The Samanda story on At.com is really good!! I can't wait to see where everyone takes it!!! Looking forward to reading the next scene...Hopefully Kamil will post MAndy's some time tomorrow...

Great job so far everyone!!

Sky congrats on 15,000 :eek posts! wow I'll never make it that far...lol

Comment

*whew* I just e-mailed my part to Kamil

get ready Tagger
                      Wow, you're fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                        Wow, you're fast!
                        Thanks, but don't let it get around
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                          I think, for at least one year, Sam and Cassie mock the Rose Parade.
                          Sam would not mock the Rose Parade this year - she would watch it with Teal'c since George Lucas is the Grand Marshal - and one of the big highlights is to be the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars Float with the Grambling University Marching Band.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Wow, you're fast!
                            Thanks, but don't let it get around
                            Good and fast! lol
                            sigpic

Comment

O.K., the link to the Samanda story isn't working for me. Is anyone else having trouble or is it just me?

Comment

O.K., the link to the Samanda story isn't working for me. Is anyone else having trouble or is it just me?
                                I just finished reading three scenes... so it was working as of 30 minutes ago...sorry Gategal

Comment

Working...
                                X