Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    On another note, I watched the commentary for Avalon today (as much as I could stand anyway).
    Possible spoilers?

Vala makes her appearance & they're all excited about her being sexy b/c otherwise the show is "kind of androgynous." I'm like EXCUSE ME? What about Sam? Sure she wears cammo, but she's the *last* person anyone would call androgynous. And I'm sure, AD, 1speed & etc., etc. on this thread would agree. Sam doesn't have to flash her (ahem) assets to be a woman. I'm sure they weren't trying to diss. Sam, & I mean no knock on CB-- I'm sure they just meant *overtly sexy* is *fun.* but Puh-leez.

Anyway, I'm going to skip right to Beach Head--where Season 9 *truly* starts.
    for your enjoyment and sanity, jckfan, i'd skip those first 5 eps, AND, screen who's doing the commentaries. rob cooper's love of all things vala and dan/val... i don't think even paying me to watch or listen to this stuff again would be enough to do it. i don't think even amanda asking me personally... yeah, i'm not a season 9 fan.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey View Post

One of the best Jack/Sam scenes, that turns into one of the best team scenes EVER IMHO. Sorry (*small voice*the Turkey loves Lost City)
      Oh, I love it too! And when Danny and T show up...it's just priceless!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

Spoiler:
      Vala makes her appearance & they're all excited about her being sexy b/c otherwise the show is "kind of androgynous." I'm like EXCUSE ME? What about Sam? Sure she wears cammo, but she's the *last* person anyone would call androgynous. And I'm sure, AD, 1speed & etc., etc. on this thread would agree. Sam doesn't have to flash her (ahem) assets to be a woman. I'm sure they weren't trying to diss. Sam, & I mean no knock on CB-- I'm sure they just meant *overtly sexy* is *fun.* but Puh-leez.

Anyway, I'm going to skip right to Beach Head--where Season 9 *truly* starts.
      I'm not surprised they said that...not at all. But let me tell you, Sam is NOT androgynous(I had to look that word up). In fact, she is graced with such beauty that she could be bald and in a bag and still be gorgeous.

Comment

see, that's just it, androgenous means lacking sexual definition. Gender neutral

so in saying that vala kept the show from being androgenous...dude they insulted the boys too. cause they basically said that jack, daniel, teal'c AND sam all lacked sex appeal.

i think they need to look up the word too, cause i don't think it means what they think it means
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          see, that's just it, androgenous means lacking sexual definition. Gender neutral

so in saying that vala kept the show from being androgenous...dude they insulted the boys too. cause they basically said that jack, daniel, teal'c AND sam all lacked sex appeal.

i think they need to look up the word too, cause i don't think it means what they think it means
          I agree. Each member brought their own form of sexiness to the show. Vala was too over the top in S9. She's much better this year.
          sigpic

Comment

And we all know that are VERY nice looking people. Very, very nice. Very.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
              I agree. Each member brought their own form of sexiness to the show. Vala was too over the top in S9. She's much better this year.
              Well said CS. The only non-gender beings I remember are those little mime-like aliens in One False Step.

What about Thor ... don't the Asgard still buy into male/female differentiation? Some brilliant Samandan, come to my rescue and explain the Asgards' sex lives, eh?

Hey, it's almost New Year's Eve and it seems a good idea ...

Comment

As the countdown to the New Year nears, we still have time for a little more CAPTIONARY ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/SamRoll.jpg

(Actually, this one's harder than I thought ... any takers?)

Comment

send in the clones

i would guess, in respect to the asgard, if ya don't use it, ya lose it.

they seem to be pretty close to being androgenous, but yeah, other than the One False Step guys, they're the only gender neutral folks with the exception of the rep bugs

even though they've said that the symbiotes have no gender, they do seem to have a gender preference of hosts (likely cause the writers haven't wanted to deal with, oh jolinar being a guy and marty/lantash being attracted to a male host and all that kerfluffle)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                    As the countdown to the New Year nears, we still have time for a little more CAPTIONARY ...

thank GOD it's not the time for THAT exam. Really, in the gateroom of all places. dang budget cuts.

sigpic

Comment

Well said CS. The only non-gender beings I remember are those little mime-like aliens in One False Step.

What about Thor ... don't the Asgard still buy into male/female differentiation? Some brilliant Samandan, come to my rescue and explain the Asgards' sex lives, eh?

Hey, it's almost New Year's Eve and it seems a good idea ...
                      Due to many millenia of cloning, the Asgard no longer have sex lives. Heimdall was conducting research on an early member of their race, hoping to help them out with their replicating/cloning issues. The Tok'ra have a queen that's asexual and produces offspring. To which Jack so greatly replied "Is that why you take hosts?"
                      sigpic

Comment

even though they've said that the symbiotes have no gender, they do seem to have a gender preference of hosts (likely cause the writers haven't wanted to deal with, oh jolinar being a guy and marty/lantash being attracted to a male host and all that kerfluffle)
                        I thought that they said that Selmak was a he, even though he was being hosted by a female, prior to Jacob becoming host?
                        sigpic

Comment

I had the weirdest dream, Colonel. You were a general, Teal'c was a councilman, Daniel grew a beard. And you were there, Siler. And you Walter. *sigh* There's no place like home.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                            Bet ya had fun putting those polka dots on*
                            Oh be still my heart.....a man in polka dot boxers!!!!!! (swoons)
                            Gee, wonder what Sam is thinking??????
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Hello... I am new to this thread, but decided to check it out coz I have heard a heap of positives about it. And I wouldn't be in here if I didn't love Amanda/Sam!! LOL!!!
                              sigpic
                              And many thanks to Anneleis for this spectacular sig!!

Comment

Someone told me about Colonel Mitchell... that's the last thing I can remember...

Comment

Working...
                                X