• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

Daniel: Another late night poker game?

Sam: Yeeeeeep.

Mitchell: Hmmph.

Daniel (whispering to Teal'c): I guess when Sam said she was going to beat the pants off him, she meant it literally this time.

Teal'c: Indeed.
    Ah come on Kat, They were playing strip poker right? Mitchell obviously lost

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
      Proof my brain is riddled with wormholes or my brain is Samaged:

I consider using 3 shots of my zat gun to deal with dinner dishes.

Bracelets I might buy with too many charms begin to look suspiciously like goa’uld weapons and jewelry store owners wonder why I run from the store screaming for Tealc'.

At work, I call my male peers “Sir” (I am not in the military or law enforcement) and any disagreement I have is tempered by the phrase” with all due respect”.

I wonder if I can use ring technology to get my load of groceries and 50 pounds of dog food from my car into the house.

A block of Swiss cheese becomes an analogy for the universe and wormholes.

I attribute holiday weight gain to my increasing proximity to a black hole.

I consider having a mini-black–hole or mini wormhole inserted into the back of my throat as a possible weight loss invention.

I think it would be cool if my front door was an event horizon.

My conversations flit through wormholes from topic to topic without warning and without my control.

My favorite curseword is Netu.

And as final proof the wormhole damage to my brain is irreversible: when SG1 is over, I will…

Spoiler:
      Sit on my TV and watch the couch.

you know, laughter and the medicine thingy .
      LAMO very funny especially the spoiler

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally Posted by ChopinGal
        This was so much fun to read, Kat. And Gate gal's experience while shopping for her DVDs. Which gives me an idea ...

Samandans, have you come out of the wormhole closet?! Do your friends and family know about your (choose one):

a) strong interest in
        b) obsession with
        c) devotion to
        d) willingness to travel great distances for
        e) all of the above

Stargate SG1 and all things Amanda

How did you break the news to the outer world? Or, are you still hiding your Stargate magazines under your bed? Stashing your boxed sets of DVDs in back of your husband's video library?

Come out, come out wherever you are ... fellow Samandans, how did you first get hooked on the show and especially Sam Carter? How long have you been watching? Have you ever attended a con? Whose autographs have you managed to get? What do you plan to do once Season 10 comes to an end?

continuation: By the way, I'm in the 'E' category

My friends and neighbors knew of my love of the show before my family. The first family member I confessed to was my niece, who is more like a younger sister. She came up to visit for a weekend and after telling her about the show, I convinced her to watch one episode which turned into three by the evenings end. What episodes you may ask?

1st: W.O.O. (figured it worked for me
        2nd: Urgo
        3rd: COTG (by then she began asking questions and needed the background info)

I wish I could say I converted her but alas, she thought SG-1 was ok, just not her thing. Hey, I tried!

What cons? Only 2 with Stargate involved. The first and best IMHO, is held right here in my hometown and is also where I met Amanda and received her autograph, which is the only autograph (period) that I have. I'm really not an autograph type person but I did want to meet Amanda The second con was the first weekend in November (last month) It was a fairly short commute that I thought I could manage since the back surgery and it took a bit off the edge of sadness that I was missing my trip to London and Wells. Just a teenie bit.

After season 10 ends? Cry, then await the movies and hope for more in the near future. I'm also anxiuosly awaitng news of Amanda's project!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          What, you mean this guy
          Spoiler:

but he's so cute
          Wow! that polar bear sure does get around! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
            I was laying in bed thinking about these posts I and had to get this off my mind.
            I think that Amanda would expect to see a swarm of sympathies and condolences from her fans who are also in shock and hurting. It does help to open up and let out your feelings instead of keeping them bottled up. It does help to cry. The thing is this. By the time Amanda has the time to read here, there will be pages of posts and days ahead of the incident which would leave her the choice of viewing what was said on that particular day. I'm putting myself in her place. Personally I think she may be a bit hurt if she goes back and sees very few condolences from fans. As far as privacy, she unbelievably posted on-line herself about the ordeal. She wanted to share with us what happened so unless we hear specifically that she doesn't want us to share in her grief and offer support, I think folks should feel free to announce their feelings. I for one, know it helps me to release and vice versa, seeing all the support and caring shown towards me helps enormously and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support I've been shown here and off-line.
            Just saw this and had to reply. ((((POZ)))) I have to say I agree with you but wasn't brave enough to say so. I thought that people usually respond to those that have suffered a loss. I always thought it was a comfort to know how many people cared. Thanks for posting this.
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              Um... no cons for SG-1, too busy with little people and that's where all the money goes. But my father is talking about going, which would mean I get to go, since I'm his con buddy since I was knee high to a dachshund in line to see Tom Baker.
              Oh my gosh!!!! You saw Tom Baker?!! He's my favorite Dr.Who!!!!!!!
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep View Post
                Just saw this and had to reply. ((((POZ)))) I have to say I agree with you but wasn't brave enough to say so. I thought that people usually respond to those that have suffered a loss. I always thought it was a comfort to know how many people cared. Thanks for posting this.
                ((((HUGS))))) Thank you for coming out to support your feelings L. J. Still coming this weekend?
                I know that stepping out in front of the thousands of folks (just peeked to confirm, 1,118,729 views *nervous cough!*) who visit here can be intimidating. As I mentioned before for those that haven't known me, I was also shy and intimidated by the thought of how folks would view me by what I posted but I've gained confidence and strength from the support and friendship I've received here and offline. So my attitude lingers on the famous quote, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." LOL. Ok, well I do give a damn but you know what I mean. Folks, I do believe you've created a monster!
                Last edited by SG1Poz; 28 December 2006, 09:08 AM.

Comment

When I lost my Mom, less than a year ago........I found out who my real friends were. Expressing condolences to someone you truly care about, is not wrong. If it were, why do we have funerals? Those in grief over the loss of loved ones, need support. I know Amanda has support, but she has said, she has the best fans in the world......and we fans share her loss. I will not post about this again. I only pray Amanda sees the outpouring of love, as just that, love.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                    When I lost my Mom, less than a year ago........I found out who my real friends were. Expressing condolences to someone you truly care about, is not wrong. If it were, why do we have funerals? Those in grief over the loss of loved ones, need support. I know Amanda has support, but she has said, she has the best fans in the world......and we fans share her loss. I will not post about this again. I only pray Amanda sees the outpouring of love, as just that, love.
                    I'm so sorry fo your loss too Lida.

Amanda knows and will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopingal

This was so much fun to read, Kat. And Gate gal's experience while shopping for her DVDs. Which gives me an idea ...

Samandans, have you come out of the wormhole closet?! Do your friends and family know about your (choose one):

a) strong interest in
                      b) obsession with
                      c) devotion to
                      d) willingness to travel great distances for
                      e) all of the above

Stargate SG1 and all things Amanda

How did you break the news to the outer world? Or, are you still hiding your Stargate magazines under your bed? Stashing your boxed sets of DVDs in back of your husband's video library?

Come out, come out wherever you are ... fellow Samandans, how did you first get hooked on the show and especially Sam Carter? How long have you been watching? Have you ever attended a con? Whose autographs have you managed to get? What do you plan to do once Season 10 comes to an end?

Welll.... since I have dial-up and my family/friends calls to see how I'm doing and they find that the phone only rings and rings... I think they are catching on that I'm always on-line. They'll ask what I'm up to and I have to tell them I'm on this forum or talking to people from the forum... My parents know of my love for Stargate (my mom has even watched a few episodes, but she's not really into SciFi)... my siblings all think I'm crazy. they watched only one episode at my house...unfortunately it was Hathor. I thought it was a good episode, but not so good for an introductory episode. They kept asking what are you watching and what are those things in their stomachs... lol oh well...

Singularity was the episode that hooked me as a Sam/AT fan (any actor that can bring tears to my eyes based on their performance is a great actress in my book) and Solitudes got me hooked as a Jack/Sam fan... still among my top five episodes.

Once s10 ends I will eagerly await Amanda's new project!!! I also keep tabs on RDA and see if he does any guest appearance and/or movies anywhere

Comment

Oh my gosh!!!! You saw Tom Baker?!! He's my favorite Dr.Who!!!!!!!
                        he's my favorite too.

first doctor i watched and always the 'real' one to me

I enjoy #9 and #10 and really like the newest incarnatino of the show. but Tom Baker is always gonna be the Doctor to me
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Not as funny as some I've read, but the brain's only half working right now!

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                          Cam: “Now which one of you wise guys pulled the fire alarm as I was getting ready to get in the shower? (looks around) Where’s Vala?”
                          Dan (avoids looking Cam in the eye): “Wasn’t she with you in the locker room?”
                          Cam: “Don’t think so, Jackson.”
                          Cam (looks at Sam): “You take my pants?”
                          Sam (turns away from Cam): “Not me. Nope. Uh-uh…”
                          Teal’c remains quiet, trying to control his cheek muscle twitching and wondering how much Mitchell is into seeking revenge…
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                            ((((HUGS))))) Thank you for coming out to support your feelings L. J. Still coming this weekend?
                            I know that stepping out in front of the thousands of folks (just peeked to confirm, 1,118,729 views *nervous cough!*) who visit here can be intimidating. As I mentioned before for those that haven't known me, I was also shy and intimidated by the thought of how folks would view me by what I posted but I've gained confidence and strength from the support and friendship I've received here and offline. So my attitude lingers on the famous quote, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." LOL. Ok, well I do give a damn but you know what I mean. Folks, I do believe you've created a monster!

I'm kind of a shy person....I never really thought of all the peeps....I just thought it was us and Amanda...oh, me!

Seriously, I think this is a safe haven to post our support for Amanda, and after reading the past several pages I believe balance has been nicely achieved. Good job Samandans!

Also, congrats Jennifer! Halfway to a custom avatar. I'm almost at 1800 myself, so my brain is spinning trying to come up with the perfect avatar....I'll probably end up snurching one of the fabulous ones that have been shared here or on the ship thread.

Mandy, your panda is cute, but he really needs to spend a weekend at Auntie Gate Gal's house so he can learn some manners. I'm quite sure my army of pet penguins will be able to teach him a thing or two.

Now, my favorite Sam moment from Season 2 was ItLoD. It was actually more Jolinar than Sam, but I loved the way Amanda played the scenes where Jolinar was trying to get them to let her go through the Gate. It was one of the first times that we got to see Amanda playing a different character in the series. (We'd only seen Dr. Carter from TBFTGOG and Robot Carter from Tin Man, and they were both very Sam-like.) I love that when we see Jolinar she is very different from Sam. She is like a precursor to Replicarter, only obviously not evil....although she did appear that way until the end of the episode.

What is your favorite Season 2 Sam moment?

Comment

One of my favourite moments was from the episode "2010" when Janet told Sam she could never have children, it was so beutifully done it was heart breaking to watch. Amanda showed a woman awaiting news with a sense of increasing dread, her facial movements and her hands, every thing about her body language was spot on, then came her lines! That was one of those really "blow you away" scenes that i miss between Amanda and Teryl!
                              It was that one that made me write to Amanda because it had that much of an efect on me.
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                What, you mean this guy
                                Spoiler:

but he's so cute
                                OK, 'fess up. Who's been feeding the polar bear blue jello?
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X