Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    I've put the message under spoilers because I'm not sure it makes any sense or anything. All I can really say is that my prayers are with the family, that I'm so incredibly sorry.
    And whilst we're giving hugs to our loved ones, I just want to tell you all how much I love you all and how much I appreciate your support, care and friendship. ((((((((Samanda))))))))))
    Spoiler:

I feel I should post something here, but I don't know what. I know that nothing I say is good enough, that it can't make things better. I can't begin to imagine how much this is hurting the family, including Amanda who is such a loving, compassionate woman.
    I don't really know what I'm saying here, so I guess I'm going to ramble and hope that somewhere along the line it makes a little sense to someone. It's just crushing because having seen how moved she is by the stories of fans, how much she cares for those she barely knows, you get an inkling of how it must be when you multiply that love and compassion by a factor of ten thousand...
    All I can say is that my prayers are with Amanda and the family. Not prayers that God will make everything better, but prayers for guidance and strength, that the family will be able to rely on each other and on God for support, and I pray that at a time of year that is so family centric in its nature, that the family are able to look back and celebrate the times that they shared together, celebrate Steven's wonderful life, safe in the knowledge that he knew Jesus in his life on Earth and now has life eternal. Though it may seem like it now, it's not the end for Steven, just the beginning, and I pray that God helps the family to remember that and that the thought renews their strength.

ETA: I was just thinking about things and it struck me how Amanda is here, sharing her pain again, opening up things that are so, so personal. Amanda told us at Gabit how the support and the inspiration is a two way thing, that just like she inspires and helps us through, we do the same for her. So I really hope, just like CG said, that she is able to find just a little comfort in the sincerity of the words of all the people here. So, once again, I want to thank Amanda for letting us in.
    That's the thing at times like this...it's so hard to find the words to convey your feelings...unfortunately I have an idea of what Amanda is going through...and fortunately for Amanda she does have her family and friends to support her and each other and that's about all anyone can do right now...time does heal...but until then I guess all we can do is send her our support the best way we can.
    That was a great post TJ...(((Samanda)))
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      I was capping somethings for somebody tonight and caught this one - that it would be fun to Caption:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...ffect/RE12.jpg
      Mitchell: O.K., I get it. I'm the new guy. Everybody likes to pick on the new guy, but hiding my pants when the president is visiting....not funny guys.

OR

Mitchell: I'm sorry about the Mary Poppins comment, but did you have to hang my pants on the Cheyenne Mountain flag pole?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        Hey folks. After the success of our Confess Away! game, I think it's time for a new game. For the record, I was immensely comforted and gratified to know that I was not the only one with deep dark secrets here. Not the only one to cuddle with a teddy bear at night and not the only Spongebob fan in the crowd.
        At any rate, this one's called Favorite Traits. Now the last game was OT...but this time, as this is a thread about Amanda Tapping and Samantha Carter, we're focusing solely on these two people.

What is your favorite trait about Amanda? What is your favorite trait about Carter? Feel free to give examples of your answer too.
        Cool...another game...but this is gonna be harder than the first one...ok...
        My fave trait about Sam is that she's strong...physically and mentally...and she's brave...much braver than me...but I'm working on that!
        My fave trait about Amanda....wow...she's just awesome all over...she's loving, caring, generous, devoted, funny, and she's just her...no gimmicks...she's honest to goodness all Amanda Tapping...
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hugs to all of our Samandans and our Queen. Poz, I hope you get the chance to visit your mom, but please don't risk your own health. She wouldn't want you to do that.

I had a neat experience at the mall today. I had gift certificates to spend, so obviously it was time to buy a new season of SG1 (could have bought two, but I had to have those sexy black boots ). Hubby had bought the last SG1 DVD (season 5) at Circuit City a few days before Christmas, so daughter and I went straight to the service desk to special order season 4. Lucky me, one of the guys (college age) at the counter was from the DVD section and he had just gotten in a bunch of SG1 DVDs. He walks us over and while Daughter looks for the season 4, he asks if SG1 is any good. Any good? I tell him its a great show in its 10th and final season and he needs to check it out. Then we go back to the service desk to pay and an older gentleman checks us out. "Stargate," he says, "that's one of my favorite shows. I really like Amanda." He then asked if we watched SGA too, and I informed him that SG1 hadn't been renewed. We said our goodbyes and rushed home to watche D & C.

Point of my story: SG1 has been catering to the 18-25 year old males for the past few seasons, but many of them don't even know the show exists. It is sad, but true. If they had kept catering to the original audience then we would all be much happier. And the other point of my story, the man behind the counter didn't mention RDA, MS, or CJ...he said Amanda. Amanda totally rocks, doesn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
            Hugs to all of our Samandans and our Queen. Poz, I hope you get the chance to visit your mom, but please don't risk your own health. She wouldn't want you to do that.

I had a neat experience at the mall today. I had gift certificates to spend, so obviously it was time to buy a new season of SG1 (could have bought two, but I had to have those sexy black boots ). Hubby had bought the last SG1 DVD (season 5) at Circuit City a few days before Christmas, so daughter and I went straight to the service desk to special order season 4. Lucky me, one of the guys (college age) at the counter was from the DVD section and he had just gotten in a bunch of SG1 DVDs. He walks us over and while Daughter looks for the season 4, he asks if SG1 is any good. Any good? I tell him its a great show in its 10th and final season and he needs to check it out. Then we go back to the service desk to pay and an older gentleman checks us out. "Stargate," he says, "that's one of my favorite shows. I really like Amanda." He then asked if we watched SGA too, and I informed him that SG1 hadn't been renewed. We said our goodbyes and rushed home to watche D & C.

Point of my story: SG1 has been catering to the 18-25 year old males for the past few seasons, but many of them don't even know the show exists. It is sad, but true. If they had kept catering to the original audience then we would all be much happier. And the other point of my story, the man behind the counter didn't mention RDA, MS, or CJ...he said Amanda. Amanda totally rocks, doesn't she?
            That's a cool story! I wish I could run into people like that. Come to think of it, once I was buying a Stargate book, and I think the lady at the counter mentioned something about it. Yeah, she did! It's pretty neat how so many people watch SG.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
              That's a cool story! I wish I could run into people like that. Come to think of it, once I was buying a Stargate book, and I think the lady at the counter mentioned something about it. Yeah, she did! It's pretty neat how so many people watch SG.

Heh, once a teacher caught me reading GW in class when I shouldn't have been anywhere near the computer, luckily I'm me (for some reason I can get away with anything...) and she is a huge SG fan and RDA fangirl!

I think I have told this story before, but my sister found an SG-1 fan at a family reunion. I have an SG-1 fan for a cousin! My sister wasn't a fan at this stage (although she has now seen up Thor's Hammer and is loving it!) but she knew how much I would love this newly discovered cousin. Her and her husband are as into it as we are... A few weeks later there was a birthday in the family and my sister made me swap out of work so I could go along and meet her. We spent all night talking about SG... I told her why we all love Amanda so much (all the things people have mentioned in the traits game). We taught her daughter to say "Samantha Carter." So cute.

ETA: Oh, and the 2 people who have a standing order for the SG magazine (with the dvds) at the store where I work... They always know when they are getting an episode I really like.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                Teal'c: As senior officer Colonel Carter, should you not inform Colonel Mitchel of his condition?
                Daniel: I'm with Teal'c on this one Sam.
                Sam: Not gonna do it, not gonna look...
                Cam: What is everybody's problem?????
                RITGLMAO....good one Nola!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                  I am opposed to a large number of condolences at AmandaTapping.Com. Here's my reasoning (this is a message I sent to: 1.all the members/users of AmandaTapping.Com, 2. those registered to the website's newsletter, 3.members of the OfficialAmandaTappingCom mailing group at Yahoo - so if you are a member of any of them, you might've read that already, and I'm sorry if this is a double/triple post for you):
                  -----------------------
                  Hello,
                  This is the webmaster for the site AmandaTapping.Com . All those of you who use the forums/discussion boards. I would like to kindly ask you not to populate the boards with condolences/condolences threads.
                  The reason? There is something like too many condolences and this would be a reminder for Amanda of what happened for far too long after it's happened. We don't want Amanda to suffer longer than she has to.
                  I would be very grateful for it from you. I know you all are saddened by the news and would want to express that, but I truly believe that such a great number of words of sympathy, coming from such a number of people, would serve to bring more pain to her heart. I'm sure we don't want to do that.

Thank you for understanding my request.

ne more thing - because of the recent sad and tragic events that happened during the Christmas period, I clearly am not going to ask of Amanda to view our greetings and get back to me.

That is why I'm going to wait two weeks (until 10th of January). If I do not hear from her then, I will post a link to the greetings on that day. I hope you understand.
                  Kamil (webmaster)
                  Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                  Following this morning’s news it has become apparent that many people
                  wish Amanda to know that they offer their condolences on this very
                  private sad family tragedy. It would be best if it were not to be in a
                  public forum because it is such a personal and private matter. Therefore
                  if you wish to be added to a list of names of people who send their
                  sympathy to Amanda and her family please send me your name only to
                  [email protected].
                  Please do not enclose a message as this will not be included in the list.

Please, as I have already requested, do not post to the forums on the
                  website or other public forums as a mark of respect of Amanda’s privacy.

Thank you.
                  Kamil Trzebiatowski
                  (www.amandatapping.com webmaster)
                  Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  THe request has been made to respect AT's privacy and I'd like us to do that. Kamil has set up a virtual condolence book for you to 'sign' and, for the time being at least, let's just let it go at that.

I know folks wish to express themselves and thier grief, and i understand. But look at it this way....You lose someone. And six months later you find their favorite book tucked into the couch cushion. It's a bit painful. But at least it's just you in the privacy of your living room.

Now imagine that your private grief is splattered all over the internet. Thanks to one well meaning but indiscreet person, this news was already spread before it was meant to be spread, so let's try to calm things down a bit.

I've had folks contacting me about setting up a 'donate to' fund, but let's wait and see what the family wants. If anything like his is to happen, the family often makes such a request in the obituary, so, for the time being, let's just table things and take a moment and let the pieces fall where they may.

Please, if you wish, send your name to Kamil. Other than that, let's move on a bit and move the topic along. Let's give AT the privacy she might want and wait to see what happens.

I can't force people to obey, just like i can't force them not to post on their LJ or to the mailing lists or keep them from sending cards or whatever, but i can ask y'all to just take a step back and chill out for a little bit.

Let's let the dust settle and then we'll move on from there.

I was laying in bed thinking about these posts I and had to get this off my mind.
                  I think that Amanda would expect to see a swarm of sympathies and condolences from her fans who are also in shock and hurting. It does help to open up and let out your feelings instead of keeping them bottled up. It does help to cry. The thing is this. By the time Amanda has the time to read here, there will be pages of posts and days ahead of the incident which would leave her the choice of viewing what was said on that particular day. I'm putting myself in her place. Personally I think she may be a bit hurt if she goes back and sees very few condolences from fans. As far as privacy, she unbelievably posted on-line herself about the ordeal. She wanted to share with us what happened so unless we hear specifically that she doesn't want us to share in her grief and offer support, I think folks should feel free to announce their feelings. I for one, know it helps me to release and vice versa, seeing all the support and caring shown towards me helps enormously and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support I've been shown here and off-line.

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                    Heh, once a teacher caught me reading GW in class when I shouldn't have been anywhere near the computer, luckily I'm me (for some reason I can get away with anything...) and she is a huge SG fan and RDA fangirl!
                    Niki has covered her school diary with pictures from SG...especially of Michael Shanks and Joe Flanigan...anyhoo...one of her teachers loves MS so everytime she walks past Niki's desk she rubs the pic of MS...Niki cracks up laughing everytime...she got an B from that teacher in her report...I told Niki she should have gotten an A for letting her touch her MS pics!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I just discovered that a guy from another message board who I'm talking to on IM is a hardout Stargate fan! We must have talked about everything in the world except Stargate!
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                        I was laying in bed thinking about these posts I and had to get this off my mind.
                        I think that Amanda would expect to see a swarm of sympathies and condolences from her fans who are also in shock and hurting. It does help to open up and let out your feelings instead of keeping them bottled up. It does help to cry. The thing is this. By the time Amanda has the time to read here, there will be pages of posts and days ahead of the incident which would leave her the choice of viewing what was said on that particular day. I'm putting myself in her place. Personally I think she may be a bit hurt if she goes back and sees very few condolences from fans. As far as privacy, she unbelievably posted on-line herself about the ordeal. She wanted to share with us what happened so unless we hear specifically that she doesn't want us to share in her grief and offer support, I think folks should feel free to announce their feelings. I for one, know it helps me to release and vice versa, seeing all the support and caring shown towards me helps enormously and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support I've been shown here and off-line.
                        Wow...I didn't think of it like that...you have made a valid point...it's difficult to know where o draw the line in these situations...of course no one wants to intrude in Amanda's private pain but on the other hand we all want to let her know that we are thinking of her and her family at this time...it's tuff...great post Poz...how are you feeling btw?
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Night night everyone...take care, be safe and be happy...
                          (((Samandans and all GW'ers)))

(((Amanda and family)))
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Morning everyone,

How's everyone today? I have a question for you, does anybody know if the pal S8 DVDs have special features on it? Because I was going to buy the box set with my Christmas money
                            Thanks in advance guys

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                              Hey folks. After the success of our Confess Away! game,
                              Chiming in late: Jadis the White Witch of Narnia was one of my childhood heroes (yes, you may call me a deviant; it happens )

I think it's time for a new game. For the record, I was immensely comforted and gratified to know that I was not the only one with deep dark secrets here. Not the only one to cuddle with a teddy bear at night and not the only Spongebob fan in the crowd.
                              There are a lot of not-so-closeted softies here. Very cute

At any rate, this one's called Favorite Traits. Now the last game was OT...but this time, as this is a thread about Amanda Tapping and Samantha Carter, we're focusing solely on these two people.

What is your favorite trait about Amanda? What is your favorite trait about Carter? Feel free to give examples of your answer too.
                              AT: her generosity of spirit (and her eyes )
                              Sam: her selfless dedication (and her eyes )
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                                Teal'c: "Is that my missing thong in there..?"
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X