Originally posted by kamjul View Post
    Following this morning’s news it has become apparent that many people
    wish Amanda to know that they offer their condolences on this very
    private sad family tragedy. It would be best if it were not to be in a
    public forum because it is such a personal and private matter. Therefore
    if you wish to be added to a list of names of people who send their
    sympathy to Amanda and her family please send me your name only to
    [email protected].
    Please do not enclose a message as this will not be included in the list.

Please, as I have already requested, do not post to the forums on the
    website or other public forums as a mark of respect of Amanda’s privacy.

Thank you.
    Kamil Trzebiatowski
    (www.amandatapping.com webmaster)
    Aaah, now that is a perfect solution. Sits right. We can lend support, and not invade her or her familys' privacy.
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

Comment

THe request has been made to respect AT's privacy and I'd like us to do that. Kamil has set up a virtual condolence book for you to 'sign' and, for the time being at least, let's just let it go at that.

I know folks wish to express themselves and thier grief, and i understand. But look at it this way....You lose someone. And six months later you find their favorite book tucked into the couch cushion. It's a bit painful. But at least it's just you in the privacy of your living room.

Now imagine that your private grief is splattered all over the internet. Thanks to one well meaning but indiscreet person, this news was already spread before it was meant to be spread, so let's try to calm things down a bit.

I've had folks contacting me about setting up a 'donate to' fund, but let's wait and see what the family wants. If anything like his is to happen, the family often makes such a request in the obituary, so, for the time being, let's just table things and take a moment and let the pieces fall where they may.

Please, if you wish, send your name to Kamil. Other than that, let's move on a bit and move the topic along. Let's give AT the privacy she might want and wait to see what happens.

I can't force people to obey, just like i can't force them not to post on their LJ or to the mailing lists or keep them from sending cards or whatever, but i can ask y'all to just take a step back and chill out for a little bit.

Let's let the dust settle and then we'll move on from there.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just popped in to say good night to everyone, take care, have fun, for everyone who's staying awake. Everyone who's going to bed sleep well

((((((((((samanda's everywhere))))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

One thing that our loving hearts here can do is to wish well those closer to home who are facing tough times just now. Members of our "families" here on Gateworld have shared just a bit of what they're up against. Remember them in your prayers, or just in your thoughts as you go about your day. We will never know the power that positive thoughts for others can send...and it may be just that tiny bit that helps them through their struggles.

(((Poz)))
          (((Samandans)))
          (((Gateworlders)))
          sigpic

Comment

eh what happend to my post? Was it over the line, to long?? Just a question

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Hey folks. After the success of our Confess Away! game, I think it's time for a new game. For the record, I was immensely comforted and gratified to know that I was not the only one with deep dark secrets here. Not the only one to cuddle with a teddy bear at night and not the only Spongebob fan in the crowd.

At any rate, this one's called Favorite Traits. Now the last game was OT...but this time, as this is a thread about Amanda Tapping and Samantha Carter, we're focusing solely on these two people.

What is your favorite trait about Amanda? What is your favorite trait about Carter? Feel free to give examples of your answer too.

Let's see...how about I start with Carter? I love her fierce dedication...to either a cause she believes in or to the people she loves. Once she sets her mind on something, you know she will put her all into it. We saw this in her way back in Season 1...with Cassie in Singularity and with Jack in Solitudes. And now here we are in Season 10...and that dedication lives on. Like in Flesh and Blood...
              Spoiler:
              when she focused all her energy on rescuing Teal'c and Daniel.
              She was completely undeterred by the obstacles in her path.

That kind of loyalty that doesn't balk in the midst of trials...such determination and dedication. That's a big part of what makes her the heroine she truly is.

Now for Amanda. I'd have to say my favorite Amanda trait is her graciousness. Her giving nature. Her genuineness. All of the stories I've heard from so many people at different conventions have the same thread running through it...that when you're with Amanda, she focuses on you. She makes a real effort to touch you, to reach you. She is genuine to the core of her being and giving almost to a fault. So many people put up false fronts to appear one way for some people...but those kinds of illusions never last.

Amanda puts on no facade and gives of herself so freely. Of course, I think this is part of what sparks our devotion to her as a person because we see her, not some perfect paperdoll starlette.

What about the rest of you??? What are your Favorite Traits about Sam and Amanda?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

You pretty much said it all for me, Oooobs. I would also say fierceness, though I would phrase it as loyalty, and I would also put Amanda's ability to touch people and her genuine love and compassion for every single one of her fans.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  You pretty much said it all for me, Oooobs. I would also say fierceness, though I would phrase it as loyalty, and I would also put Amanda's ability to touch people and her genuine love and compassion for every single one of her fans.
                  Exactly.

What are your favorite examples of these traits?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Loyalty would be the way that she never leaves Cassie's side in Singularity, the way she refuses to give up on Jack in Hundred Days and Paradise Lost, the way she is loyal to her team to the point of it being buried in her subconscious, she's loyal to her team even when she doesn't know who they are (Beneath the Surface).

In terms of Amanda, like you said, it's the way she makes every single person feel special at the convention. She makes it about the fans, not about her. It's the way that she's completely touched and overwhelmed by her fans, so grounded, so loving.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

just came back home and checked stargate-project.de for the latest news. And what did I have to see? - What a bad end of the day. I read the post of the last 2 pages or so and I still dunno what to wright...I should write anything... but I think I'll have to sleep over it till tomorrow. All the things Über said till now are probably all and maybe more than I can think of right now so everything's said. In respect of Amanda and the things Kamil said I don't want to express anything further - just hope you'll all have a good night and be able not to forget but get along with the latest happenings.

Mick.

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                        Dearest Amanda,

I know you will never read this, but upon hearing the tragic news, my heart felt like it was breaking. I never met your brother, Steven, but I do remember the look in your eyes, when you spoke about him. He was loved, and in this world, that is something very special.

I have no words that could possible remove the pain and emptiness you are feeling....however, please know you are not grieving alone. You have thousands of fans, whom you have touched, who are now feeling your pain. My husband and I are just two of them. We will be praying for Steven, and for your entire family.

If there is a special charity you (or anyone could suggest), I would love to donate a gift in his honor, so that one day, others will be free, as he wasn't.

With deepest sympathy,

Your two crazy docs........we love you.

that's a wonderful idea, lida.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Hey folks. After the success of our Confess Away! game, I think it's time for a new game.
                          Carter:

Honesty, shares the blame - i.e. when Folger messed with the Stargate virus and she shared the responsibility. Told O'Neill about her flub-up on Red Sky, accepted blame for 5th's moral decline - she was the first to deceive him.

Keeps up or exceeds abilities of "the boys" - when isn't there an example of this? Yet is feminine and kind.

Won't be put down or disrespected, but tactfully speaks her mind, holds her own. McKay, Emancipation, many others.

Amanda:

Generousity - generous with her time and money -charities, fan events.

Humility - shares her success with her peers, her parents, her family and still allows herself to be accessible, hasn't let success go to her head.

Kindness - multiple accounts here and elsewhere, this is what actually made me a fan.

Humor - no specific example, seems like she regularly makes people she works with crack up!

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

For a Sam trait: Intensity.

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Amanda, so I cannot give an example from real life.
                            sigpic

Comment

I know this is no longer "my" thread and I have no right to say this, but perhaps we should give Amanda time to grieve, to absorb her loss.

I think concentrating on Amamda's and Carter's wonderful traits,and less her her personal tradegy would be the best way to go. She is an amazing person, and will find her way, in her own private darkness. She also has a loving family and an angel for a daughter, to help her find her way.

I know all of you have her in your prayers, and I feel that she knows it.....after all, she does have the best fans in the world.
                              Last edited by Lida; 26 December 2006, 04:37 PM.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                                I klnow this is no longer "my" thread and I have no right to say this, but perhaps we should give Amanda time to grieve, to absorb her loss.
                                i agree whole heartedly. and, if i can speak for everybody, this will always be "your" thread.

Amanda:
                                she cares. i know that's not exactly a $50 word, but it's true. she cares so much about everyone and everything. she puts this piece of her heart into everything she does, and it shows. i've never met anyone who put that kind of effort and passion into their life. every time i watch something about her i think "she must have put everything she had into that", and yet, she's like that with everything she does, never does anything halfway. she's the only person in the world that i believe could and would follow through if she said she could solve world hunger.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X