No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waiting is the hardest part maria. My mom is a hospice nurse so, even by extension, i can empathize what it's like. Dreadiing the call, y et kinda hoping that it comes just so that you can get out of limbo.

These things happen in their own time and all you can hope for is that her final moments will be peaceful. (((maria)))
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
      "IF" it is true and hopefully it's not, that was not something someone should have posted without specific permission from the immediate family.

Updating my situationl, it's is still the same. My mom is still in an induced comatose state. I'm still sitting by the phone awaitng for the call.
      ((((POZ))))
      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        waiting is the hardest part maria. My mom is a hospice nurse so, even by extension, i can empathize what it's like. Dreadiing the call, y et kinda hoping that it comes just so that you can get out of limbo.

These things happen in their own time and all you can hope for is that her final moments will be peaceful. (((maria)))
        Exactly

They're keeping her under heavy sedation. If not, she awakes gasping for breath *sniff* which she doesn't have much left of.

Comment

the sedation will help. it's actually one of hte kindest things that can be done. You don't 'kill' them...but you do use drugs to help ease their passage. Help them relax so that they can let go.

I know you're in pain maria, but you might want to try to go and say goodbye.

Oddly enough, the dying do sometimes hold on until they can say goodbye to a loved one. It provides closure for both of you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            the sedation will help. it's actually one of hte kindest things that can be done. You don't 'kill' them...but you do use drugs to help ease their passage. Help them relax so that they can let go.

I know you're in pain maria, but you might want to try to go and say goodbye.

Oddly enough, the dying do sometimes hold on until they can say goodbye to a loved one. It provides closure for both of you

My father held the phone to her ear and I said my goodbyes. He said she grinned a little. This was yesterday. Today she's not responding at all. If she holds out until tomorrow I intend on going, pain, low grade fever or not. My family was saying I shouldn't go since I over did it the first day after surgery(4 days ago) hence the lingering pain. I know about closure. I stayed and held my aunts' (my mom's sister) hand when she took her last breath in a hospice (lung cancer) 3 years ago.
            Bless your mom! It takes a very special person to work with the dying.

Comment

even if - and i hope not - it's true, amanda is a very private person. This is her private family pain and should be dealt with privately.

the news should be made public when/if she cares to share it - presuming it's even true.

another reason not to discuss it. If this is some cruel joke, y'all will give me less to delete to clean it up.

sigpic

Comment

My father held the phone to her ear and I said my goodbyes. He said she grinned a little. This was yesterday. Today she's not responding at all. If she holds out until tomorrow I intend on going, pain, low grade fever or not. My family was saying I shouldn't go since I over did it the first day after surgery(4 days ago) hence the lingering pain. I know about closure. I stayed and held my aunts' (my mom's sister) hand when she took her last breath in a hospice (lung cancer) 3 years ago.
                Sky speaks words of wisdom re: trying to see your mom, thankfully it sounds like you have had closure and so has your mom.

BTW, you really should talk to your doc if you are still running temps...
                Last edited by tagger; 25 December 2006, 07:56 PM.
                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger
                  I'm actually sick at my stomach. You might have more than posts to clean up...

Oh, and RAGE (to steal mini's term) against free speech and the internet for just this reason, person that posted it is yammering about free speech, I have PM'd her to remove her post.
                  As someone who worked in journalism for more than 25 years, I have to add in that speech is free.....but it doesn't give people the right to spread things that aren't true. What makes free speech so valuable is the RESPONSIBILITY that goes along with it...the responsibility to verify sources and information before publishing (posting, spreading, etc.) them. That's what is so often forgotten these days...especially on the internet. As far as I'm concerned, it's untrue (and I hope it is) until I see it printed in a credible media...or until someone I know at GW (Darren, Sky, etc.) has confirmed it through their sources.

And that's all I have to say about that.
                  Honey, I had no idea the situation had deteriorated to this point. I'm so sorry! I'll call you in five minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    As someone who worked in journalism for more than 25 years, I have to add in that speech is free.....but it doesn't give people the right to spread things that aren't true. What makes free speech so valuable is the RESPONSIBILITY that goes along with it...the responsibility to verify sources and information before publishing (posting, spreading, etc.) them. That's what is so often forgotten these days...especially on the internet. As far as I'm concerned, it's untrue (and I hope it is) until I see it printed in a credible media...or until someone I know at GW (Darren, Sky, etc.) has confirmed it through their sources.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Honey, I had no idea the situation had deteriorated to this point. I'm so
                    sorry! I'll call you in five minutes!
                    I agreee with you sg-1fanintn!
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 25 December 2006, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Hey there Samandans...hope you all had a wonderful Christmas...we had an almost white christmas here...hailed nearly all day....which is quite unusual for here at this time of year...I loved it!
                      Anyhoo....take care everyone...be safe and be happy!
                      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                      Wow...it's so slow here! You'd think it was a holiday or something.
                      What to do...what to do. Oh I know. How about a game? Completely OT but what the hey...IT'S CHRISTMAS!
                      The game is called Confess Away! You need to confess something about yourself that very people know about. The only rule to this game is that the confession is to be something silly and by all means...PG rated.
                      My confession? I LOVE Spongebob Squarepants and Fairly Oddparents. Oh yes...I get giddy when I see that little yellow sponge from Bikini Bottom and his zany antics...and can't supress my child-like giggle when I watch Timmy with his fairy godparents Cosmo and Wanda and their zany antics.
                      What can I say? I like zany antics! I know...this is a stark contrast to the person who enjoys dark movies and whumpage, etc. But that just means I'm multi-dimensional.
                      Either that or I'm a certified loon.
                      So...what's yours?
                      Wow...confession time hey...well let's see...uuuhhhmmm....I got nuthin....what's there to confess...I admit to everything...I'm an open book...I got no secrets...ask me anything...I'll tell!!
                      Seriously though...I love men with beards...what can I say...it's my own little fettish...
                      Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                      Okay...i'm feeling more normal then i thought i was...i see that lots of people sleep with teddy bears
                      Now i'm still waiting for a big teddy bear if you understand what i mean
                      The only teddy bear I sleep with snores...and hogs the bed!
                      I've still got my first teddy - "Tubby" - from when I was a wee kid...but he's locked away in storage with my first doll "Lucy"!
                      "IF" it is true and hopefully it's not, that was not something someone should have posted without specific permission from the immediate family.
                      Updating my situation, it's is still the same. My mom is still in an induced comatose state. I'm still sitting by the phone awaitng for the call.
                      (((Poz))) ...thinking of you Poz
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

There's an official statement from the statement at amandatapping.com regarding what started circulating on the internet a few hours ago. Please go and read it.

Kamil
                        sigpic

Comment

My father held the phone to her ear and I said my goodbyes.
                          My heart is breaking for you Maria. Trust the future to get better. ((((POZ))))
                          Nola
                          sigpic

Comment

I know that all of our hearts and our prayers will be with Amanda and her family. God knows the human spirit is illimitable.

Last edited by minigeek; 25 December 2006, 08:55 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

So sad at this joyous time of year. Amanda's family will be in my prayers.
                              sigpic

Comment

concerning rumors and amanda's brother; go check out kamil's amanda site.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X