Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tagger View Post
    What would Sam giver her team...?(Notice her team hehe)
    It's always been her team.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
      Oops, forgot one present...

Sam can't leave my little buddy Thor out...

Ability to reproduce normally, an asgard girlfriend, and then THOR babies

So what will Sam give to her team eh...
      Fishing gear and then a nice evening in the cabin
      a book on: how to stay alive (ok sorry couldn't help myself)
      a ticket to a con about Starwars...and maybe she would even organize a starwars marathon at her home
      lots and lots of stuff to read about technology
      JANET: a planeticket so she can return from her holiday

sorry for me no Cam and Vala cause they are all just a dream

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        nah, you'd just need a barn door on the back
        Or they could pay tribute to ‘Blackadder’.

BLACKADDER: Baldrick, when did you last change your trousers?
        BALDRICK: I have never changed my trousers.
        BLACKADDER: Thank you. You see, the ancient Greeks, Sir, wrote in legend of a terrible container in which all the evils of the world were trapped. How prophetic they were. All they got wrong was the name. They called it "Pandora's Box," when, of course, they meant "Baldrick's Trousers."
        BALDRICK: It certainly can get a bit whiffy, there's no doubt about that!
        BLACKADDER: We are told that, when the box was opened, the whole world turned to darkness because of Pandora's fatal curiosity. I charge you now, Baldrick: for the good of all mankind, never allow curiosity to lead you to open your trousers. Nothing of interest lies therein.
        It could be their new weapon against the Ori.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Happy Anniversary Samanda!!!

Just for the record, Coley’s first post was on Jan 7th 2005 (#58, page 3),

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=58

while Johnny-Come-Lately here only arrived on April 12th 2005 (#4763, page 239)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4763.

Since these momentous dates, I think it’s fair to say our lives have changed in so many ways. We‘ve also made so many special, lifelong friends, all because of Samanda and, of course, our ever-wonderful, ever-gracious Queen. Long may she reign, and long may her Kingdom thrive.

Coley won’t be back on-line until after the holidays, but she’s asked me to say “Hi” to everybody.

So, “Hi everybody”.

And our thoughts and good wishes go out to all who are sick or undergoing treatment at this time. Get well soon, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            LOLOL

now that would be funny.

sam walking into her lab, and the general's chair is there...and holy crud what DOES she do next????
            Especially after she just got back from the briefing room, hearing:

Landry: Walter! Where the heck is my chair!!!!!!
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hi gang - there is a new interview with Michael Shanks done by IGN - he talks a little about the new movies and the back half of season as well as Amanda crossing over to Atlantis -

Here is a small sample of the interview were he talks about Atlantis - go here to read the full article

Spoiler:
              IGN TV: Have there been any talks about your character or any of the other SG-1 mainstays about moving over to Atlantis? I know Daniel has been wanting to head to Atlantis for some time now?

Shanks: (laughs) I think I got my tribute paid in the Pegasus project when Daniel actually got to Atlantis and ended up in a broom closet talking to a hologram, but hey, things happen. As far as I know, I do believe Amanda Tapping is crossing over in some regular capacity, but that is between her and the producers, because I know nothing more about it as that rumor was solidified at some point after the season was over. I don't know what capacity, how many episodes, or what her function will be in that universe, but I know, if any, that one will take a more prominent role. I haven't been spoken to about anything to do with Atlantis, so I guess Daniel will have to wait.

Okay Skydiver I'm currently out of green so I can not reply that way - so I'll just say I agree with your comment in my rep here on the open forum
              Last edited by tsaxlady; 19 December 2006, 11:52 AM.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Since I see you both lurking

t2 and Kelspook it was GREAT meeting you at AT2 - hope to see you both again at a future con - hope you both have a Merry Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  Hi gang - there is a new interview with Michael Shanks done by IGN - he talks a little about the new movies and the back half of season as well as Amanda crossing over to Atlantis -

Here is a small sample of the interview were he talks about Atlantis - go here to read the full article

Spoiler:
                  IGN TV: Have there been any talks about your character or any of the other SG-1 mainstays about moving over to Atlantis? I know Daniel has been wanting to head to Atlantis for some time now?

Shanks: (laughs) I think I got my tribute paid in the Pegasus project when Daniel actually got to Atlantis and ended up in a broom closet talking to a hologram, but hey, things happen. As far as I know, I do believe Amanda Tapping is crossing over in some regular capacity, but that is between her and the producers, because I know nothing more about it as that rumor was solidified at some point after the season was over. I don't know what capacity, how many episodes, or what her function will be in that universe, but I know, if any, that one will take a more prominent role. I haven't been spoken to about anything to do with Atlantis, so I guess Daniel will have to wait.

Okay Skydiver I'm currently out of green so I can not reply that way - so I'll just say I agree with your comment in my rep here on the open forum
                  Thanks tsax, especially for going through the article and giving us the highlights
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    ...I know nothing more about it as that rumor was solidified at some point after the season was over. I don't know what capacity, how many episodes, or what her function will be in that universe, but I know, if any, that one will take a more prominent role. I haven't been spoken to about anything to do with Atlantis, so I guess Daniel will have to wait.
                    OK, perhaps I'm dense this afternoon but I've read that twice and I don't understand what "that one" means. Does it mean something, and if so, what does it mean? Or is part of the sentence missing?

mini(the dense)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                      OK, perhaps I'm dense this afternoon but I've read that twice and I don't understand what it means. Does that sentence mean something, and if so, what does it mean?

mini(the dense)geek
                      Okay this is what I hate about printed interviews were you don't see or hear the actor - no way to know for sure if the interviewer is exactly quoting him or if the interviewer edited the comment - was the actor trying to be funny or snarky - or (this is what I think he he saying) does he simple mean because the character of Carter is crossing over she will have a more prominate role on Atlantis than Daniel because at this point he is not crossing over -

Comment

Okay this is what I hate about printed interviews were you don't see or hear the actor - no way to know for sure if the interviewer is exactly quoting him or if the interviewer edited the comment - was the actor trying to be funny or snarky - or (this is what I think he he saying) does he simple mean because the character of Carter is crossing over she will have a more prominate role on Atlantis than Daniel because at this point he is not crossing over -
                        Ohhhh, so "that one" means "that crossover" ... I didn't understand what the words "that one" meant because in context, he wasn't talking about anything substantive and the words "that one" didn't seem to fit in the context of the sentence; perhaps it was also an interview quote mistake.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                          OK, perhaps I'm dense this afternoon but I've read that twice and I don't understand what it means. Does that sentence mean something, and if so, what does it mean?

mini(the dense)geek
                          Well, I'm dense all the time, so I don't know if I can help you or not. But when I read this earlier this afternoon, I had the same difficulty with the passage. Ostensibly, I think MS is aware that the option on AT's contract has been exercised by the studio and little else. I think he's merely trying to say that whatever they do with her character, it will be something more substantial than mere guest appearances, something beyond what the ordinary guest player gets. Or something like that.

ETA: Or it could mean what tsaxlady said, too. My density is immaterial to this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
                            ETA: Or it could mean what tsaxlady said, too. My density is immaterial to this conversation.

You are not immaterial to this conversation. It is again one of the promblems with printed interviews you never know for sure exactly what was said and how was it said.

Okay I'm going to go a bit OT for a moment - I just read the news that Joe Barbera died - Joe was half of the Hanna-Barbera animation team - he was responsible for one of my favorites as a kid

Comment

that's so sad about JOe Barbara

I spent a lot of my childhood watching his work and consider those tune to be classic cartoons

as to MS interview...unless he was in the room with her, he really can't know what's being discussed. Heck at AT1, amanda herself didn't even know what their plans were, so speculating is kinda pointless.

they'll use sam how they seem fit and once something is official, she's gonna tell Kamil and he'll let us know
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone

Just popping to say good luck to the Samandas who are heading in to hospital, hoping everything goes ok. (((((hugs)))))

And night night everyone

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X