Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would her teammates get for her?

This also cannot be posted on a PG forum.
    A subscription to 'Astrophysics', because she hasn't renewed hers since...ever.
    He would allow her to box out all her frustrations with him.
    Food...some kind of food...
    Her gift would be lessons on how to loosen up a bit.
    He would give her leadership of SG-1...or else.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
      On page 2 FCOL
      While my brother and I were trying to convert his new girlfriend to Stargate (through) WOO she pointed out that AT looks a lot like Meg Ryan and I thought I'd love to see her in romantic comedies rather than her new sci-fi series (although that might work better since she's EP).
      So do you think she'd do great in something like "You've Got Mail" , "Sleepless in Seattle" or "When Harry Met Sally..." ?
      My husband and I have actually discussed how much Amanda looks like Meg Ryan, and I would love to see her do a romantic comedy...maybe something with Owen Wilson. Gabit attendies, didn't Amanda say she'd like to do a romantic comedy? I know she mentioned liking Owen Wilson's movies.
      Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      Sun and Sg1Poz I hope you both get better soon... surgeries so close to the holidays! I'll keep you both in my prayers for a quick recovery...
      Same here. Recover quickly.
      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      ok, as we enter that last frantic week of shoppping

what gifts would Sam buy for her teammates and why???
      I'm going with L.A. and saying pants. The boy needs to learn to keep his pants on.

A book on dating like The Rules or Women are from Venus,Men are from Mars. Vala needs to learn Earth's customs before she completely scares off all the men of the SGC.

A new fern and a couple of plant books so that he can keep this one alive for a bit.

A life insurance policy with himself as the primary beneficiary. He never stays dead, so with this gift he can make some money.

A romantic weekend for two offworld....maybe the Land of Light.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        ok, as we enter that last frantic week of shoppping

what gifts would Sam buy for her teammates and why???
        A box of multicoloured and varying sizes of magnets
        A gift certificate to his favourite barbor, now that he likes his hair really short
        A ticket to the next Sci Fi convention, featuring all the stars from Star Wars.
        A hair dryer that shorts out if it gets near the gate, because it should not be going off world.
        A supply of Advil, because yeilding that sword all the time can be painful to the shoulders.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          I'm going with L.A. and saying pants. The boy needs to learn to keep his pants on.

A book on dating like The Rules or Women are from Venus,Men are from Mars. Vala needs to learn Earth's customs before she completely scares off all the men of the SGC.

A new fern and a couple of plant books so that he can keep this one alive for a bit.

A life insurance policy with himself as the primary beneficiary. He never stays dead, so with this gift he can make some money.

A romantic weekend for two offworld....maybe the Land of Light.
          But what if Teal'c doesn't want to go and wants to visit Ryac instead
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Ok, I found my first post made all the way back on Jan 9, 2006

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=25056

Littel did she know, but the first person who welcomed me to the thread, ended up being my new Beta Ha bet ya didn't know you would have your work cut out for you did you Thanks ann_sgcfan
            I didn't know that! Lol... I welcomed you to the thread and you far surpassed me in posts! And being a Beta for your fic has been a blast! I think it's you that has her work cut out for her being my Beta...

Well I just dropped in to hi and good night Samanda ... busy day tomorrow. Happy anniversary Samanda!

Comment

would give Sam the news that he is retiring and moving back to Colorado (for her).

would give Sam coupons good for first dibs on the next cool offworld doohickey.

would give Sam some of his wonderful deep advise.

would buy Sam a new outfit which Sam would return the following day, because it is too risky.

would (and yes, I'm going with LA again) give Sam full control of SG1.

Landry would give her a promotion to full bird.

Comment

Originally posted by jz9 View Post
                I like reading Amanda's interviews as well. I think she has a very positive and kind attitude, toward the show and her co-casts. She has this quality within her and it is very nice.
                I agree, I have always been impressed with her courtesy and humility. Hope my daughter grows up to handle interviews as well (if she needs it hehe). AT's Mum raised her right and AT added her own kindness!

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                Second, today is also the second anniversary of the start of this thread, and let’s all thank majorsal for starting it off.
                Thank you Sally!

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                Happy SAMANDA-VERSARY nevertheless!
                Great word!

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                Gabitour
                'nother excellent word describing an even better premise!

I'm so young on the thread, pointless to review my first post - I think in rapid sequence I came out with guns firing on some major point I have now completely forgotten, I unintentionally posted something horribly illegal, and then I generally irritated all threadgoers, yet, Hic Comitas Regit, and I am still around. No newbie feeding frenzy despite the early taste of blood ....thank you!

Thanks to everyone for your creativity, generousity, and kindness!

Also for the rapid fire fun and the laugh I get each day from one post or another.

Is this another sign of my dottering old age - I mean, I'm getting sentimental after just a month...? Sheesh. But yes I am - dottering, no I mean sentimental
                Last edited by tagger; 19 December 2006, 08:09 AM.
                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  If I'm even more lurker in the next week or two, it's due to having gallbladder surgery on Wednesday. I might be surfing (as in NET surfing) by the next day, but no promises. It's supposed to be pretty cut and dry considering they're doing it laparoscopically. I'm just tired of being tired and my tummy/abdomen giving trouble.
                  Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                  Hey Sun, we can be surgery buddies!! I'm having another surgery this Thursday, 21st ( just 3 months after the major back surgery) to have a troublesome right ovary that now has a plum sized cyst.... removed. I'm also having the Laparoscopy which they say recovery time is less, 3 days to a week. Mine isn't until 3pm! and outpatient which means I won't be home until 10ish that evening I doubt I'll be online at all.
                  Want to compare scars?
                  Best wishes on Wednesday and Thursday Sun and Poz, hope it goes well, and I pray for you both!
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

Hell, I don't care who wants to go, I just wish anyone would go visit Ry'ac. And Ishta. And Jacob the Tok'ra. And Sarah Gardner. And Cassandra. And Thor, little fella, why hast thou forsaken me? And Jack. For the love of God, can't someone go visit Jack?

Comment

Gifts for Sam

would get Sam her very own ski boots

would give Sam a gift certificate to O"Mallys, so she can earn some money play some pool.

would give Sam his supscription to Dear Abby, where he learned how to give such good advice.

would give Sam Landry's chair.

would give Sam, yep you guessed it, command of SG1.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                        Am I the only one who finds the sudden invasion of our thread by scantily clad rodents just a tad bit disturbing?

Perhaps they got their "style" sense from S9.1-9.5 Vala...

Suse
                        taking a breather from retail Netu
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally Posted by scifithinker
                          What a smart child!

When I have insomnia, I put on "Solitudes." I have to have my head facing away from the TV so I don't actually watch, but listening to it almost always puts me out by the end of the episode
                          Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                          Most of season nine works that way for me.
                          S9 gives me insomnia.
                          And indigestion. But I want to eat chocolate to feel better. Not a good combination.

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Found my first post to Samanda, it was on December 19th at 9.22am! and was post 15
                            Reading through my post again has made me a little sad because of all the high hopes we had for Sam going into s9 and leading the team and showing us another side of her. Nice also to look back and see the excitment of waiting to hear about the birth of her baby and oh boy has'nt time gone by fast, Olivia coming up two in March!
                            Talking of time going fast and way off topic, my little Granddaughter will be coming up one year old in January and is taking great delight in our christmas tree when her Mummy and Daddy come over!
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                              Working through Ex Deus Machina...dropping in with a couple of pics...

I really like these caps, Admiral. Thanks for posting them!

Comment

Cheeky.

Happy 2nd anniversary Samanda! Thanks for starting the thread Major Sal!

Comment

Working...
                                X