Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i had laproscopic surgery almost 2 years ago. i came home noonish, slept for a bit, then i was online that evening.

bout the only issue i had was things like rolling over in bed and the like. y ou never notice how much you use your abdominal muscles until it hurts when y ou use them

just take things slow and don't be afraid to admit that it hurts and don't stress yourself
    That's what the 'meds' are for Good to hear that from another D
    Last edited by SG1Poz; 18 December 2006, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Great idea, NC! Happy 2nd Anniversary, Samanda! And thanks to Sally for starting this thread, and to Astrogeologist for making everyone feel so welcome in the beginning, along with many other Sam fans who also were very welcoming.

And thanks to Amanda for bringing together a great bunch of Sam fans who celebrate the amazing character of Sam Carter and the actress who plays her (and perhaps an interesting future character in scifi down the road that we will support!).

First post on January 11, 2005 -- Yikes!

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
      This is a terrific thread. Thank you Majorsal for starting this thread, and thanks to others for posting great comments, pictures and links to videos.

Sam is definitely my favorite character, and I really appreciate Amanda Tapping's portrayal of her. She is the main reason why I began watching the show, and why I continue to do so (as well as because of the great team interaction).

So many have already made great comments about what they like about Sam. There are so many impressive things about her---she is extremely intelligent and not afraid to show it, eager and excited about her field of astrophysics, a courageous soldier, and a friend willing to express tenderness. She holds her own quite well in two male-dominated fields, and is a great female role model in general. She's also a bit insecure, and yet at the same time often extremely confident.

One of my favorite Sam moments is in Upgrades when she makes such an exquisite pool shot (I like the fact that AT actually did do this, twice!). I can't imagine anyone else but AT playing Sam. She has the ability to say all that technobabble and make it sound convincing (important for a scifi show!), is athletic and therefore believable as a fit soldier, and expresses tenderness so well.

Finally, for now, Sam is able to think quickly on her feet, under pressure. She doesn't freak out, she doesn't scream, she instead works hard to figure out solutions sometimes on her own, and often with her teammates.

Comment

Ok, I found my first post made all the way back on Jan 9, 2006

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=25056

Littel did she know, but the first person who welcomed me to the thread, ended up being my new Beta Ha bet ya didn't know you would have your work cut out for you did you Thanks ann_sgcfan
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working through Ex Deus Machina...dropping in with a couple of pics...

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            I'm too lazy to go searching for my first post.

If I'm even more lurker in the next week or two, it's due to having gallbladder surgery on Wednesday. I might be surfing (as in NET surfing) by the next day, but no promises. It's supposed to be pretty cut and dry considering they're doing it laparoscopically. I'm just tired of being tired and my tummy/abdomen giving trouble.

Happy anniversary Samanda thread!

Oh yeah...I'd see an con Amanda attends if I can afford it.

I wish you well Sunny. Get better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              I'm too lazy to go searching for my first post.

If I'm even more lurker in the next week or two, it's due to having gallbladder surgery on Wednesday. I might be surfing (as in NET surfing) by the next day, but no promises. It's supposed to be pretty cut and dry considering they're doing it laparoscopically. I'm just tired of being tired and my tummy/abdomen giving trouble.

Happy anniversary Samanda thread!

Oh yeah...I'd see an con Amanda attends if I can afford it.
              The green fridge is locked to me. But good luck with your surgery. My sister just had the same, and felt loads better after. I hope yours goes as smoothly as hers did!

Thanks Poz! Hugs to you too! And luck for you as well! It's amazing what they can do with surgery now. One of my staff just had a hysterectomy-and was cleared to come back to work in ONE day. Fortunately, she'd already had six days off scheduled-cause she likely would have come back the next day if not!

The search feature only takes me as far back as last June. And as I have no clue when I began here-I'll have to forgo posting my first post!

Happy SAMANDA-VERSARY nevertheless!
              Last edited by Deejay435; 18 December 2006, 05:15 PM. Reason: Just 'cause

Comment

hey look, it's a sam fic

http://community.livejournal.com/samcarterfic/9161
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That was a fun ficathon.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

oh and rachel added another chapter to Aftershocks too

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post

Working through Ex Deus Machina...dropping in with a couple of pics...

Nice work Admiral Q O
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ok, as we enter that last frantic week of shoppping

what gifts would Sam buy for her teammates and why???

sigpic

Comment

Happy Anniversary Samanda!!

sigpic

Comment

Mostly OT-

But WALTER is in The Santa Clause 2!

Comment

ok, as we enter that last frantic week of shoppping

what gifts would Sam buy for her teammates and why???
                              Teammates-past and present....

I can't say...this is a PG forum.
                              A subscription to 'Archaeology', because he hasn't renewed his in about 3 years.
                              She'd pull some strings and get Ry'ac and his wife to Earth for the holidays.
                              She would talk the nurse from 'Metamorphosis' into going on a date with him.
                              She would take her shopping for some nice, non-revealing, civilian clothes.
                              Some pants...because he is always losing his.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                                Teammates-past and present....

I can't say...this is a PG forum.
                                A subscription to 'Archaeology', because he hasn't renewed his in about 3 years.
                                She'd pull some strings and get Ry'ac and his wife to Earth for the holidays.
                                She would talk the nurse from 'Metamorphosis' into going on a date with him.
                                She would take her shopping for some nice, non-revealing, civilian clothes.
                                Some pants...because he is always losing his.
                                How about some ski boots
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X