Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
    Happy 2nd Birthday Samanda

this thread already so old...now i really still feel like a newbie here...
    Me too!! LOL
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I've met so many cool and wonderful people on this thread... our paths initially crossed here online because of a mutual interest in Sam/Amanda, yet over time they've tangled together to a degree that they've changed the direction and course of my life in significant and meaningful ways.

Hanging out in Phoenix with Spaz, cruising the Pennsylvania countryside with Chopin Gal are both trips I will remember fondly that would otherwise have been routine and soon forgotten. I would never have dreamed of going to GABIT except for the benefit of meeting many of you in person. And what a wonderful trip it was. I'll never be able to sufficiently thank 1Speed and Coley for being such generous hosts, and the group of us cramming into Mini's room like sardines (with Tsax throwing her socks around like she owned the place) felt like a sisterhood bonding moment.

Happy memories are precious, and these are some that I will always cherish. They are memories I wouldn't have if I hadn't discovered this thread. So, as sappy as it sounds, thank you all for making Samanda such a great place, and thank you, Sally, for starting it. Thank you, too, Amanda, for giving us the reason to be here.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
        Tennessee would work for me. Unless of course y'all would rather do GaGa. (Get Amanda (to) Georgia or it could be Georgia Gets Amanda)
        Ha! What about BAWL?--Bring Amanda to Wisconsin land--(or maybe bundle up Amanda for Wisconsin would be more appropriate. )

I think she'd be great in a romantic comedy. She's a funny lady.
        I could see glimmers of what she could do in a romantic comedy even in The Void.

THANKS SALLY for starting SAMANDA! Happy anniversary everybody.
        Hic Comitas Regit.
        jckfan

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
          I've met so many cool and wonderful people on this thread... our paths initially crossed here online because of a mutual interest in Sam/Amanda, yet over time they've tangled together to a degree that they've changed the direction and course of my life in significant and meaningful ways.

Hanging out in Phoenix with Spaz, cruising the Pennsylvania countryside with Chopin Gal are both trips I will remember fondly that would otherwise have been routine and soon forgotten. I would never have dreamed of going to GABIT except for the benefit of meeting many of you in person. And what a wonderful trip it was. I'll never be able to sufficiently thank 1Speed and Coley for being such generous hosts, and the group of us cramming into Mini's room like sardines (with Tsax throwing her socks around like she owned the place) felt like a sisterhood bonding moment.

Happy memories are precious, and these are some that I will always cherish. They are memories I wouldn't have if I hadn't discovered this thread. So, as sappy as it sounds, thank you all for making Samanda such a great place, and thank you, Sally, for starting it. Thank you, too, Amanda, for giving us the reason to be here.
          What a great post Stix! I think you summed it up very well Happy Anniversary Samanda!

I think this calls for another Samandan Group Hug!

Last edited by Mandysg1; 18 December 2006, 02:34 PM.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

A salute
            and round of applause

for a great 59,000 post -

Looking forward to the next in person get together
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hugs to you too, Strix. I feel the same way, and what a great post for post 59.000!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

A little trip down memory lane.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=16472

My very first post in Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  A little trip down memory lane.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=16472

My very first post in Samanda.
                  Here's mine:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1705

I'm sure you're ALL surprised that my first post here...Samanda's 1705th post btw...was so wordy since you all recognize me as a quiet, non-verbal individual who struggles to express herself clearly, right?

Well to spare you all from having to read the WHOLE thing, here's the gist of the post in the "conclusion" paragraph of the post:
                  Originally posted by ME
                  Sure, emotionally she has not been so strong in all areas of her personal life - but who has? To me this just shows some of her flaws - that the brilliant Sam Carter who can blow up a sun has some emotional issues she still needs to resolve.
                  That was true then...February 24, 2005...as it is today. Carter is still flawed, but delightfully so. She's a hero, but she's not perfect.

In other words, she's still a fantastic role model and a GREAT character, failings and all. Ya know?

Happy Birthday Samanda!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    (Mumsey Folds arms and taps toes on the floor, looking suitably narrow-eyed at Julia).

We let you out to play, and THIS is what you get up to!

A 1969 style camper van isn't big enough! We need one of those super-duper monster jobs that hitch onto the back of a large pick-up truck, if this show is to go on the road.

WHAT AM I SAYING????

Mumsey (searching for her Hypertension pills and ordering the executive-style Zimmer Frame...)
                    Wow I got out for the day and look what happens! Julia spills the beans on our master plan.

But two a year? We don't need to do two a year to get to AT104, cos I figured out how we can get to AT104!... Well, you see, AT2 was called AT6 by the hotel so that's a factor of three. So 104/3 is 34 and a bit... We'll go for 35. So AT35 would actually be called AT104 ( by the hotel).

As for touring, Oh Puleeeeezeeee... I say ditch the camper and let's go full on winebago(sp) no trailers required and I want my own bed

I have just one regret in all this...

I sooo should have bought those shares in the pharma company making Julias' and mumseys BP pills... Oh well, live and learn.

Becks
                    The baby of the G4 at 32

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                      The lack of fan conventions in the TV/Movie industry shouldn't be a hinderance to her, whatever she wants to do in the future and down the years. We will continue to do conventions specifically for her and her fans, as long as she wants to do them. The genre she's working in doesn't matter, her fans are loyal to her and will follow her whatever she does.

Julia
                      G4
                      I was hoping you'd say that!

Now how about having the 2009 AT4 con here in Maryland. That way, you can begin here on the east coast and year by year work your way across the states to the west coast, turn north and head on up into Canada/Vancouver See, I've got it all planned out for you Oh and name it the AT Gabitour.

Comment

Lovely stories i've seen...and to look what my first post was

Very strange one....but that's me

And then you see again that i'm not here for that long...but that will change give me a year

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=43928

Not so long down the memory lane...but the good old days

So off to lurker land again
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Here's mine:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1705

I'm sure you're ALL surprised that my first post here...Samanda's 1705th post btw...was so wordy since you all recognize me as a quiet, non-verbal individual who struggles to express herself clearly, right?

Well to spare you all from having to read the WHOLE thing, here's the gist of the post in the "conclusion" paragraph of the post:That was true then...February 24, 2005...as it is today. Carter is still flawed, but delightfully so. She's a hero, but she's not perfect.

In other words, she's still a fantastic role model and a GREAT character, failings and all. Ya know?

Happy Birthday Samanda!

Oh, Oh! I found my first post here! You'll need to be sitting down for this one due to it's length:
                          Spoiler:
                          I agree! *snort* LOL!

Comment

This would be my first Samandan post, when I rejoined GW after my year in Germany. We had been talking about the silly google ads at the top of the page and, for some unknown reason, they were advertising life insurance.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            Err, I'm not sure what Sainsbury's life insurance has to do with this, either, unless they've been picking up on Daniel threads

Hi guys. This is my first time at Sam-a-holic Not-So-Anonymous and I'm hooked, hooked, hooked. I felt a sharp stab of guilt at watching and enjoying The Ties That Bind.

I love Broca Divide, stand up and scream at Affinity and cry my eyes out at Singularity (that episode just does not grow old). Oh, add Point Of View to the cry baby list.

Tracy xxx
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

So we're playing first post on this thread - 24 July
                              My reason why TPTB didn't know what to do with AT (Sam Carter) in S9:
                              They tried to ship her with BB (Mitchell) but she wouldn't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                                This would be my first Samandan post, when I rejoined GW after my year in Germany. We had been talking about the silly google ads at the top of the page and, for some unknown reason, they were advertising life insurance.
                                Oh TJ, I'm the with "Singularity" cry like a baby every time, even after seeing it loads of times.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X