Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of GABITen...because Tennessee is just such a great state!

Yeah I know...pretty cheesy reasoning there, huh? But I just couldn't come up with a better reason than "because I live in Tennessee."

*sigh*

Hey, Tennessee is perfect for me. I'm only an hour from Memphis, but Nashville or Knoxville would be fine, too.

Also, Happy Birthday NC (oops after midnight so its a little bit late)!

Comment

Happy Birthday, NearlyCircular!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday N C!!! Hope you have a great day
        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          SQUEEE! Do the rest of the G4 know what you committed to more conventions? Can I be a fly on the wall when they find out?
          <gulp> Ooh, I don't know if they've seen this thread. Oops, I'm doing a G4 Christmas dinner tomorrow night...eek I think I'd better let them see this thread *before* then....if I don't reappear after today send reinforcements.....

I can just see the conversation across the dining table - "it started out as a simple but heartfelt statement, honest...how was I to know that world domination and longevity would enter the conversation.....you know what those people on the Sam thread are like, they do get carried away.....I know, 104 does seem like a high number..."

Julia
          G4

Dreaming about packing her life into a 1969 style camper van and touring the *world* doing AT conventions....nope, wouldn't work....I do have a job, a husband, a daughter and a house.......and blood pressure.....pass more of that rum.
          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
            Ooh, there's another highly doctored good'un from season 10 too (tagged for Company of Thieves spoilers):
            Spoiler:
            You know that neat way Sam and Vala dealt with the bad guy Anateo - when Sam covertly tinkered with the ship's security to release Vala and Daniel from the holding area, then covertly tinkered with the beaming technology to get it on-line (and warned them that it was only semi-working), and Vala adapted the plan and beamed the bad guy out into space? Well, that's not what happened according to the Bitter Band. What 'really happened' was that Sam spent all her time disobeying Emerson's order not to help Anateo fix the ship for him (weird, that, since he eventually seemed to cotton on to the fact that she'd tricked him and was about to shoot her just as he got beamed out).

And the plan wasn't Sam's in the first place, you know, because she 'can't' come up with a decent plan - it was really Daniel's and Vala's plan (which is also weird, because in the ep I saw, when Sam told them her plan, Vala even said, "It's better than our plan... we haven't got one! " )

Yep, there must be two shows going on in parallel. The one doctored by the evil Sam fans, and the 'real' one in which Sam is incompetent and treacherous but, surprisingly, none of her colleagues appear to have noticed what a liability she is

Gotta give the Bitter Band their due - they are funny

And then she's joining Vala on a girls' night out in the more entertaining quarter of Colorado Springs
            The Bitter Band is funny.

Comment

Is Bitter Band a name they've coined for themselves? Cos if it isn't, it certainly sounds disrespectful; so it shouldn't be used on Real People.

Odd as it might seem to fans of Sam that other people dislike her that much, it is their perogative. After all, it's not like there's anything immoral about dissing a fictional character.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                <gulp> Ooh, I don't know if they've seen this thread. Oops, I'm doing a G4 Christmas dinner tomorrow night...eek I think I'd better let them see this thread *before* then....if I don't reappear after today send reinforcements.....

I can just see the conversation across the dining table - "it started out as a simple but heartfelt statement, honest...how was I to know that world domination and longevity would enter the conversation.....you know what those people on the Sam thread are like, they do get carried away.....I know, 104 does seem like a high number..."

Julia
                G4

Dreaming about packing her life into a 1969 style camper van and touring the *world* doing AT conventions....nope, wouldn't work....I do have a job, a husband, a daughter and a house.......and blood pressure.....pass more of that rum.
                Well-we could make sure it's a nice new all-the-bells-and-whistles RV instead of a converted school bus! That's better, eh? And seriously. You do the first con in Toledo, Oh and I'm your willing slave for the entirety of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  of course, if you did two cons a year, one in the us, one in the uk, cut each down to 200 attendees, you'd be up to that AT104 in no time
                  Lets not forget about the aussies...we would love to have Amanda come visit us one day too you know...so...to whom do we speak about getting Amanda out to Oz...it's been a while since she's been here...and hubby is still fighting with me about AT3...I did say I would relent if and only if Amanda would announce that she would indeed be coming to Australia...soon...I wish...that's my Christmas wish....I wish Amanda would come to Australia in the next year or two...it's all I want for Christmas...ever!!!
                  Ok...that was my rant for the day...How is everyone???
                  I am just about to go absolutely NUTS as xmas approaches...haven't got a lot done in the last few days but I've been so busy that I think I'm gonna bust....I'm not gonna be able to read all the posts from the last 2 days but I do want to wish everyone well I hope that you are all happy and healthy...and I would like to say a big thank you to Sky for the dvd...that was a fabulous thing to get...at just the right time too...although I do now have to buy some more frozen yoghurt!!
                  Take care everyone...be safe and keep on smiling coz life's too short...besides...christmas is almost here...and when it's done...we can all relax and count down to the next big event!!
                  Good night all!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NC!!!
                  (sorry...I didn't check the birthday list...almost missed you!)
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Birthday, NC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Julia
                      G4

(Mumsey Folds arms and taps toes on the floor, looking suitably narrow-eyed at Julia).

We let you out to play, and THIS is what you get up to!

A 1969 style camper van isn't big enough! We need one of those super-duper monster jobs that hitch onto the back of a large pick-up truck, if this show is to go on the road.

WHAT AM I SAYING????

Mumsey (searching for her Hypertension pills and ordering the executive-style Zimmer Frame...)
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

On page 2 FCOL
                        While my brother and I were trying to convert his new girlfriend to Stargate (through) WOO she pointed out that AT looks a lot like Meg Ryan and I thought I'd love to see her in romantic comedies rather than her new sci-fi series (although that might work better since she's EP).
                        So do you think she'd do great in something like "You've Got Mail" , "Sleepless in Seattle" or "When Harry Met Sally..." ?
                        Last edited by ccdsah; 18 December 2006, 07:34 AM.

Comment

First of all – Thank you very much for the birthday wishes!!

Second, today is also the second anniversary of the start of this thread, and let’s all thank majorsal for starting it off.

This is an amazing online community of friends brought together by our admiration of an amazing woman. For the last two years, as we shared our stories of why we love the character and the actress, we also shared our lives. So much so that I feel like I “know” many of you nearly as well as I know my RL friends.

Of all the stories from GABIT that you attendees so generously offered, I think my favorite was the fact that you all bonded when you met in real life. As someone pointed out, maybe the fact that Amanda is such an incredible person is reflected in the nature of her fans.

So let’s congratulate all of us and our thread today. Hic Comitas Regit!

NC

Comment

Happy Birthday NC

Oh and while we are all celebrating, would you pass this to JuliaR, I thinks she could really use them
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Haven't been on this thread for a few days....very busy...and i tried to keep up other threads as well...but i think i'm failing at it
                              So my short fly by post

I see that we have a birthday so Happy Birthday NC have a great day

And again i saw some great pictionaries very funny love them

Now i'm off again...still lurking but...you get it...i hope...have to learn again
                              sigpic

Comment

!HAPPY BIRTHDAY NC!
                                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                                Quint Studer

Comment

Working...
                                X