Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    Well, one would suppose that he would expect tallented writers to find new motivation for his character. Not much to ask for.

Back on topic (I hadn't noticed that this was called the Bash MS Thread. What was the thread motto again? Oh yes, 'Hic Comitas Regis - unless you are MS, of course') they really wasted Sam's connection with the Tok'ra. Something which was unique to her, interesting in the extreme and a potential sorce of stories. And they wasted it. How silly.

FF
    I was thinking the same thing myself. Since none of us truly know what happened with MS on the show or why he says the things he says or does the things he does, can we please leave the speculations to another thread/forums? One of the reasons I don't venture off Gateworld is because I hate reading crap like this about Amanda and Sam. Let's try to avoid doing it here as well -- please???
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 17 December 2006, 10:34 PM.

Comment

This reminder is for those of you who may not have been around for a few days and missed the earlier notices. If you're not interested, please disregard. I don't mean to spam anyone.

Comment

Hi all,

I agree with a lot of the post from the last few day, some good points, I personally don't think "we" as fans will ever know the real reasons as to why things happened the way they did, I suppose TPTB and actors have their own reasons for the things that have gone on such as MS leaving in S6 then returning in S7 which I was happy he came back. I guess what I'm trying to say is, TV sounds like a tough and complicated business that most people(me included) will never understand. Not that I'm saying I agree with all the decisions TPTB have made because I don't especially in the last two seasons.

Back to Amanda, I will follow her with whatever she does in the future, and Julia, see you at AT 104

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
          LOL! AT104. Well that would be a Guinness World Record on its own, not just because I'd be the oldest living Event organiser by then but also the oldest living person ever at 155 years old!

Julia
          G4
          of course, if you did two cons a year, one in the us, one in the uk, cut each down to 200 attendees, you'd be up to that AT104 in no time
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            of course, if you did two cons a year, one in the us, one in the uk, cut each down to 200 attendees, you'd be up to that AT104 in no time
            Now Sky, it should be one in Canada, that way it could be called GABITo: Get Amanda Back In Toronto....yea, that works for me
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

but, but, but....i'm STILL doomed to a plane flight

and we all know that it's all about me

sigpic

Comment

(Still be a hundred or more conventions. At two a year that would still be 50 more years, so let me see, oh yes I'd be 99 - a mere youngster of course!!!!!!!!!)

Julia
                G4
                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

a mere spring chicken

and hey, after the first 10 years or so, the attendees will so know what to do that there won't be all that much organizing involved. it'll kinda organize itself

sigpic

Comment

(Still be a hundred or more conventions. At two a year that would still be 50 more years, so let me see, oh yes I'd be 99 - a mere youngster of course!!!!!!!!!)

Julia
                    G4
                    Or you could just screw about with the numbering system.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Oh. My. Goodness.

I just looked at the date! Can you believe it? A whole MONTH since Gabit? A whole MONTH since I saw all you guys and stuff? It still seems like last weekend, I swear!
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                        Oh. My. Goodness.

I just looked at the date! Can you believe it? A whole MONTH since Gabit? A whole MONTH since I saw all you guys and stuff? It still seems like last weekend, I swear!
                        wow it doesn't feel that long, it was great, from what I saw of it. Already saving for AT3! LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hmmm, subtle yet devious, perfect...

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Now Sky, it should be one in Canada, that way it could be called GABITo: Get Amanda Back In Toronto....yea, that works for me
                          Heehee, like GABITo!

a mere spring chicken

and hey, after the first 10 years or so, the attendees will so know what to do that there won't be all that much organizing involved. it'll kinda organize itself
                          A self-assembling repli-convention!

Or you could just screw about with the numbering system.
                          Front you credit for 50 conventions if it is moved to the pacific rim
                          Then our ausie mates and kiwis can go...
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Oh. My. Goodness.

It really doesn't seem that long ago does it!!

HMMmmmm...Already planning for AT104. heh heh!!)
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

The lack of fan conventions in the TV/Movie industry shouldn't be a hinderance to her, whatever she wants to do in the future and down the years. We will continue to do conventions specifically for her and her fans, as long as she wants to do them. The genre she's working in doesn't matter, her fans are loyal to her and will follow her whatever she does.

Julia
                              G4
                              I think that's probably quite true. And conventions don't stop just because a show ends. Look at the legions of Star Trek fans who as far as I know are still doing conventions. Whatever she does next, I just hope it airs in the US so I can see it.
                              I have pulled out my tape of her Outer Limits episode, to get my "AT fix." I'm not sure on the timing of that--was she on OL before she got cast on SG1? Is that how BW & JG knew her? Even though she played a military officer, she's definitely a different character from Sam in that.

Comment

a mere spring chicken

Oh believe me, conventions will *never* organise themselves....attendees may end up knowing what to do when they get there but it's the twelve to eighteen months of planning and sorting out beforehand which takes a lot of the work

AT104???? <mutter mutter>

Need to lie down now...

Julia
                                G4
                                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X