• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    no bets

not to mention

obligatory sexy female alien
    big muscled dude who's a softy inside
    obnoxious scientist

oh, and everyone must be the best and brightest and most super duper special folks....but are all jus a hair over 25 cause, you know, that youth market must be catered to
    Ah yes, but will there be MUPPETS? That's the real question.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

i once answered the phone at home 'welcome to mcdonalds, can i take your order please'
      I'm too tired to have followed the conversation very well, so Sky if you actually weren't talking about how work can effect your real life, then this story makes no sense and is totally random:

Where I used to work-all of our homestudies (I was an adoption social worker) were typed from dictation. And we had to dictate everything-paragraphs, punctuation.

Once I was calling one of the parents who wanted to adopted and got his answering machine. I said "Hi Mr. Smith comma this is Denise comma...."

By the time I realized it, I'd spoken all the punctuation. And there was no way to go back and erase the message!

Comment

Pardon the OT for a moment, please!

SPAZZIE-

Clear out your PM box please, so I can answer you!

Thank you, now back to your previously scheduled eye-rolling over the "new series".

Seriously. We SO should have put money on this. We really COULD have won the Samandan lottery that way.

Humbug.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
          Thank you, now back to your previously scheduled eye-rolling over the "new series".
          Unless they asked Amanda to be EP for the new series, and she will be playing General Carter, head of the SGC.

My LJ

Comment

On the subject of jobs making you do or say wierd things, ever since I got my phlebotomy certificate for my nursing degree I find myself checking peoples arm veins when I shake their hands and thinking either "great veins" or "yikes those are crummy". I feel like a vampire.

Originally posted by Skydiver
            oh, and everyone must be the best and brightest and most super duper special folks....but are all jus a hair over 25 cause, you know, that youth market must be catered to
            Oh sure the youth market. Cuz that's who makes up the largest part of their fan base. I mean those 18-25 year olds are who I see at the conventions don't you?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              So the Save SG-1 video contest has ended and the grand prize winner has been announced.
              For Über because you deserve it

-

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                Ah yes, but will there be MUPPETS? That's the real question.
                muppets or puppets????

and who'll be pulling the strings??
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

muppets or puppets????

and who'll be pulling the strings??
                  <snerk>

I'm waiting to see if it gets out of the concept stage. A lot could hinge on the response to the two movies.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                    On the subject of jobs making you do or say wierd things, ever since I got my phlebotomy certificate for my nursing degree I find myself checking peoples arm veins when I shake their hands and thinking either "great veins" or "yikes those are crummy". I feel like a vampire.

Yikes, *pulls down sleeves and hides behind Ooooober* Yea, Oooober won't mind
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      <snerk>

I'm waiting to see if it gets out of the concept stage. A lot could hinge on the response to the two movies.
                      Concept Why they have to get through all their homages before they can come up with an original concept
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                        I'm too tired to have followed the conversation very well, so Sky if you actually weren't talking about how work can effect your real life, then this story makes no sense and is totally random:

Where I used to work-all of our homestudies (I was an adoption social worker) were typed from dictation. And we had to dictate everything-paragraphs, punctuation.

Once I was calling one of the parents who wanted to adopted and got his answering machine. I said "Hi Mr. Smith comma this is Denise comma...."

By the time I realized it, I'd spoken all the punctuation. And there was no way to go back and erase the message!
                        LOL! THat's too funny! 10 years or so ago I had a summer job answering phones and I used to answer my home phone that way too (talking about taking your job home )... I had a few hang ups and a few realtives/friends that recognized my voice and just died laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/377/bc2ef2.jpg

Sam: Sorry sir, but the Samandans want you as their cabana boy, and what my citizens want, my citizens get.
                          THUNK

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Yikes, *pulls down sleeves and hides behind Ooooober* Yea, Oooober won't mind
                            Oh yes my friends. Use me.

My shoulders are broad and are able to protect my beloved fellow citizens from the tired, the cliche and the predictable.

Hey...it's what I do.

ON EDIT: DUDE. Someone's voted Samanda down from FIVE stars to FOUR.

Say it ain't so...just SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Okey Dokey then ......

All denizens of Samanda that haven't rated this thread - Hop to it!!! Get that rating up where it belongs
                              -

Comment

i once answered the phone at home 'welcome to mcdonalds, can i take your order please'
                                Been there, done that! A little over a decade ago, I answered the phone (just waking from sleep) "Grizzly Adams, May I help you?" Of course, it was my supervisor asking me to pull an extra shift. I wonder if Amanda ever runs lines in her sleep.

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                                Just knew MGM was up to something. Way to go GW for being the first to break the official news about a third series. Who's taking bets about casting for the "lead" male hero?
                                So no Sam commanding her own ship? Oh, well, bigger and better things for Amanda! She totally deserves it!

Comment

Working...
                                X