Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG View Post
    Well, my preferred pairing will always be S/J, but if it's well written I can read Sam with just about anyone ...

... Sam/Dan is iffy. It has to be written really well, and in such a way as to get around the brother/sister vibe that I usually get from them. The best ones seem to be the ones where the relationship develops early on in the series, when it was still a possibility and before S/J really took hold. Shimmering Star's fic was a really good one and felt very realistic to me, so I'd suggest giving it a try if you can make yourself do so. You just might like it.
    Kudos to SS for taking the road less traveled. At least you've finished your story and posted, not like some of us ... er, some of me.

Shimmering Star may have been the lone fan at the Q&A session at GABIT where Amanda started to take a poll ... it seemed that when she asked about Jack and Sam, there were a lot (of us) who applauded back (the biggest audience response I do believe) and then she asked about Sam and Pete and I think there were three fans who went on record, finally she asked about Sam and Daniel and really, SS, was it you who raised your hand?! AT admitted that she still saw that relationship as brother-sister in her own mind. If I remember correctly, when she asked about Sam and Daniel, at first no one owned up and then finally one person. And I think she kiddingly exclaimed "only one?!" It was a lot of good-natured fun.

Amanda would stand in the back of the room at the beginning of each Q&A and watch the fans' homemade videos that G4 would run as an intro to bring her onstage. They did the one of "Fireman Sam" and a couple others - quite good. I did notice that every time Jack came on the scene and especially in the kissing caps the crowd really came alive ... especially watching the kiss in WOO. That seems to be a shippers' classic and fans would clap and cheer. I think that's what prompted AT to ask about the different pairings.

I wonder what it feels like to be standing in the back of a room of your own supporters and watching yourself on the big screen. Amanda did mention the "younger/older" thing but I'd really like to know more of her reaction. She is so unassuming and almost disbelieving of her popularity that it must be a bit uncomfortable and embarrassing too, like watching home movies of yourself in front of a lot of people. She was a good sport about the whole thing and will probably love having these in her private collection along with lots of fan personalized gifts, including "the Samanda poster". I'd love to sneak into her rec room and see the Carter Collection ... she needs someone like Daniel Jackson to start an archival record of all the artifacts she has amassed!

Comment

sniff...and she ignored sam/teal'c

i felt unloved
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would have loved to see CJ write an episode about Sam and Teal'c on a mission by themselves. Good potential for friendship moments and warrior stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
          Kudos to SS for taking the road less traveled. At least you've finished your story and posted, not like some of us ... er, some of me.

Shimmering Star may have been the lone fan at the Q&A session at GABIT where Amanda started to take a poll ... it seemed that when she asked about Jack and Sam, there were a lot (of us) who applauded back (the biggest audience response I do believe) and then she asked about Sam and Pete and I think there were three fans who went on record, finally she asked about Sam and Daniel and really, SS, was it you who raised your hand?! AT admitted that she still saw that relationship as brother-sister in her own mind. If I remember correctly, when she asked about Sam and Daniel, at first no one owned up and then finally one person. And I think she kiddingly exclaimed "only one?!" It was a lot of good-natured fun.

Amanda would stand in the back of the room at the beginning of each Q&A and watch the fans' homemade videos that G4 would run as an intro to bring her onstage. They did the one of "Fireman Sam" and a couple others - quite good. I did notice that every time Jack came on the scene and especially in the kissing caps the crowd really came alive ... especially watching the kiss in WOO. That seems to be a shippers' classic and fans would clap and cheer. I think that's what prompted AT to ask about the different pairings.

I wonder what it feels like to be standing in the back of a room of your own supporters and watching yourself on the big screen. Amanda did mention the "younger/older" thing but I'd really like to know more of her reaction. She is so unassuming and almost disbelieving of her popularity that it must be a bit uncomfortable and embarrassing too, like watching home movies of yourself in front of a lot of people. She was a good sport about the whole thing and will probably love having these in her private collection along with lots of fan personalized gifts, including "the Samanda poster". I'd love to sneak into her rec room and see the Carter Collection ... she needs someone like Daniel Jackson to start an archival record of all the artifacts she has amassed!
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          sniff...and she ignored sam/teal'c

i felt unloved
          Did she ask about Sam/Cam
          or Sam/Rodney
          wait what about Sam/Janet or Vala???

Comment

*SNIPPAGE*

Curious, what about the 'Younger Older 'thing? The difference in age between Sam and Jack or how young she was in the earlier seasons?

My hubby was a 'young' 9 years older than me. Young at heart with a handsome 'baby' face Ah, reminissing now, I missers him

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
              Now, how do you know that Janet wasn't with RepliCarter?
              You think he shot Janet and RepliCarter!?! What is Janet - collateral damage?

Shocking, absolutely shocking
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I would have loved to see CJ write an episode about Sam and Teal'c on a mission by themselves. Good potential for friendship moments and warrior stuff.
                Ask Sky!

Comment

There's one little tiny piece of deep space very lost amongs the larger pieces of space. She's having bit of difficulty keeping up with everything at the same time as the massive changes that are happing in that pesky thing called Real Life at the moment.
                  Fact is, deepspace is going to be moving house early next year, so between now until then there's packing, christmas, packing, new year, packing, packing (I think I might have mentioned packing), and then... eeeeeeeeeeep.
                  Yes the reality is still sinking in and it's a bit scary, but I'm also kind of excited too.
                  Downside means that I'll be without net access for minimum of three months after I've moved. I know, I haven't exactly been around lately anyway, but I do desparately want to be here.
                  I'll try and at least spend some more time here over christmas between packing.

Love to you all.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                    You think he shot Janet and RepliCarter!?! What is Janet - collateral damage?

Shocking, absolutely shocking
                    OMG that i didn't thought about that...so maybe sam is still alive...hmm thinks about possibilities...*is a hopeless shipper**
                    sigpic

Comment

I like that Sam appears in Stargate Atlantis too, she is great!

Sam forever!!!

Nile

Comment

Originally posted by Nile View Post
                        I like that Sam appears in Stargate Atlantis too, she is great!

Sam forever!!!
                        Yeah, foreverrrrrrrrr!!
                        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                          Curious, what about the 'Younger Older 'thing? The difference in age between Sam and Jack or how young she was in the earlier seasons?

My hubby was a 'young' 9 years older than me. Young at heart with a handsome 'baby' face Ah, reminissing now, I missers him
                          She was referencing herself and how she saw herself change over the years. Obviously, only she saw physical changes ... we all see a beautiful woman who actually looks younger each year. Terrific gene pool!!

Sorry to hear about your hubby. My aunt married a man 12 years her junior and they had the most wonderful relationship; my cousin also with a guy about 12 years younger. Here's to the Demi Moores of the world! Raise a glass to women getting older and better and men being younger but wiser!!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace View Post
                            There's one little tiny piece of deep space very lost amongs the larger pieces of space. She's having bit of difficulty keeping up with everything at the same time as the massive changes that are happing in that pesky thing called Real Life at the moment.
                            Fact is, deepspace is going to be moving house early next year, so between now until then there's packing, christmas, packing, new year, packing, packing (I think I might have mentioned packing), and then... eeeeeeeeeeep.
                            Yes the reality is still sinking in and it's a bit scary, but I'm also kind of excited too.
                            Downside means that I'll be without net access for minimum of three months after I've moved. I know, I haven't exactly been around lately anyway, but I do desparately want to be here.
                            I'll try and at least spend some more time here over christmas between packing.

Love to you all.
                            Little Page, you know that all of Samanda will be sending many good wishes your way! You are wise beyond your years and courageous too! As Sam Carter said to Cassie: "You are very brave."

Here's to a New Year full of new beginnings!

Love, Jester

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                              Did she ask about Sam/Cam
                              or Sam/Rodney
                              wait what about Sam/Janet or Vala???
                              LOL, I don't remember any Cam other than her very funny (and telling) comments about Sam's missing leadership in S9. AT mentioned Rodney several times throughout the weekend ... and drew a lot of laughs. I think she really enjoys the dynamic of Sam and Rodney but not as a evolving romantic arc.

As to shippy slash ... cough ... don't remember any references to that. Other Samandans may have better feedback?! I realize that we didn't get to find out if she and Teryl are still close friends as they once were when they worked together.

Comment

She was referencing herself and how she saw herself change over the years. Obviously, only she saw physical changes ... we all see a beautiful woman who actually looks younger each year. Terrific gene pool!!

Sorry to hear about your hubby. My aunt married a man 12 years her junior and they had the most wonderful relationship; my cousin also with a guy about 12 years younger. Here's to the Demi Moores of the world! Raise a glass to women getting older and better and men being younger but wiser!!

Here! Here!

......and Amanda you've only grown more beautiful with your age!

Comment

Working...
                                X