Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    Who else thinks this looks nothing like Carter?
    The Diamond ones, otoh, are pretty sweet.
    The Diamond model's body proportions (trunk:leg ratio) are more correct.

Comment

And I bet all of your clients are very patient and understanding when you tell them that, too, Sky, right?
      you mean after i laugh in their faces when i say 'you want it when??????????????'
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey Sky meant to say I started reading Mirror Mirror last night and I'm totally hooked! I keep having to remind myself here that I don't have time to read stories while I'm supposed to be working, lol ! The characterization (for everyone) is just amazing. Especially Sam. I would so PAY to have you writing for those movies, darn it! Can't wait to get to the second half of it later.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Ha! Thus proving that Mandy and her cousin WERE in fact at the AT2 PINK PARTY in London....
          Spoiler:

All right who slipped me the cat nip
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I can't do scam, I can't. I'm sorry! I've tried. SCam and SamDan are the only two so far that I get friendly with the bucket over.
            That's me! I am a die hard S/J, but I can read S/other and S/T. I can read Jack/Janet or Jack/Sarah, but I absolutely can't read S/D or S/C. S/D feels wrong because of the brother/sister and S/C is just not right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
              That's me! I am a die hard S/J, but I can read S/other and S/T. I can read Jack/Janet or Jack/Sarah, but I absolutely can't read S/D or S/C. S/D feels wrong because of the brother/sister and S/C is just not right at all.
              Well, my preferred pairing will always be S/J, but if it's well written I can read Sam with just about anyone. Sam/Teal'c is always nice, and Sam/Barrett or Sam/Davis is nice thought very hard to come by.

I have to say that surprisingly Sam/Cam really doesn't bother me, don't know why, but it doesn't.

Sam/Dan is iffy. It has to be written really well, and in such a way as to get around the brother/sister vibe that I usually get from them. The best ones seem to be the ones where the relationship develops early on in the series, when it was still a possibility and before S/J really took hold. Shimmering Star's fic was a really good one and felt very realistic to me, so I'd suggest giving it a try if you can make yourself do so. You just might like it.
              sigpic

Comment

Yep I can read those other pairings in fanfiction, too. Plus if we set aside all logical forms of character discussion, from a purely visual and completely personally subjective perspective - lets take Sam and Teal'c for an example - Amanda and Chris seem to me to have more chemistry and more of a comfort level as actors together than Amanda does with either Michael or with Ben. That factors into it for me too. I will add again, just in case it wasn't clear enough, that this is based upon my own completely personal and subjective visual perspective as a viewer. Amanda's absolute best on screen chemistry thus far has in my humble opinion been with Richard.
                Last edited by minigeek; 12 December 2006, 11:04 AM.

Comment

i'm an unapologetic sam/teal'c slut and i like my sam/jack. Sam/Daniel??? only as friends. I just can't see them as more. 'my' sam just won't go there

sam/davis...eh, maybe. Sam/Barrett, a little more

sigpic

Comment

Yep I can read those other pairings in fanfiction, too. Plus if we set aside all logical forms of character discussion, from a purely visual and completely personally subjective perspective - lets take Sam and Teal'c for an example - Amanda and Chris seem to me to have more chemistry and more of a comfort level as actors together than Amanda does with either Michael or with Ben. That factors into it for me too. I will add again, just in case it wasn't clear enough, that this is based upon my own completely personal and subjective visual perspective as a viewer. Amanda's absolute best on screen chemistry thus far has in my humble opinion been with Richard.
                    HHHmmmm......... MG,

Good point, its hard to think no more SG-1, but like you say the cast are really close after 10 years being together it must have been hard doing everything for the last time on-set I mean, do you think they still see each other?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Amanda's absolute best on screen chemistry thus far has in my humble opinion been with Richard.
                      Where as I can see oodles of chemistry between Amanda and Rick but bugger all between Sam and Jack.

Still, it would all be dull if we all liked the same thing, and fannish friends who's opinions I value in every other way see it differently to me on this, it's so subjective, so we just agree to differ.

In fan fic I am an absolute sucker for Sam & Daniel freindship fics, turns me into a smiling, gooey mess every time. And I'm pretty fond of Sam & Teal'c fics too.
                      Though, as was discussed previously, good Sam gen fic is in horribly short supply, which is why I enjoy it so much when I find it.

FF
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                        Though, as was discussed previously, good Sam gen fic is in horribly short supply, which is why I enjoy it so much when I find it.

FF
                        tell me about it. that's one reason i read so much sam/jack. I love sam. and most of the 'gen' writers prefer daniel and ignore sam totally, or in a few cases, hide some smarmy pre-slash behind a sam fic. I long for good real gen sam fic. Stuff where she's more than someone's girl friend. and stuff where she's more than 'cover' for jack and daniel.

there's just not much of it out there.

so, i take what i can get. And if that means that i read a lot of sam/jack ship fic, so be it. As long as i can get my fix of Sam.

sigpic

Comment

Where as I can see oodles of chemistry between Amanda and Rick but bugger all between Sam and Jack.
                          Yes'm, we shall most definitely agree to disagree on that point.

as was discussed previously, good Sam gen fic is in horribly short supply, which is why I enjoy it so much when I find it.
                          FF
                          Have you read "Mirror Mirror", yet?????

Comment

Amanda's absolute best on screen chemistry thus far has in my humble opinion been with Richard.
                            i've always seen some. but watchign amanda and rick interact at avalon...dude, that's some very close and very good friends. They interact well with each other as people, and to me, it translates to how they act on screen

it was fun for me to watch and i miss that from the new show

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i've always seen some. but watchign amanda and rick interact at avalon...dude, that's some very close and very good friends. They interact well with each other as people, and to me, it translates to how they act on screen
                              preeeeecisely. to boldly use a double negative, it cannot 'not' come through.

Comment

Right on mini!! I agree. While I've never seen Amanda & Rick on stage to gether at a con, I do like the chemistry they've ALWAYS had on screen as Sam and Jack. It's subtle and slowly built up over the years. For me it's more about the fact that they are 1st really great friends and 2nd they love each other, beyond the "let's get it on" sexual attraction aspect of a ship.

But right now, the thing I'd LOVE to see most from Amanda is her in a good comedy! I think she'd FRELLIN' ROCK!!!
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X