Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    Hear hear. {{ TJ }}

Yeah, there were quite a few people at the cons who were obviously filming the event. The woman sitting in front of me at Avalon blantantly filmed the entire Q&A session on Friday, but hopefully she's kept it for her own personal enjoyment and won't be posting it anywhere.

I spoke with Sue and others at Gabit regarding this and try as they might, they can't police everyone during the event. They just do the best they can and hope that everyone will abide by the rules. Sadly, there are many who feel that they are above the rules and their personal satisfaction outweighs the wishes of the actors.

In my opinion, the best way for Gabit and Avalon to make money for the charities involved was to sell a DVD of the events, but obviously there were/are issues involved that we are not privi to know, otherwise I think they would have done so already. Sadly, bootleg videos do nothing to help the situation. I'll just keep holding my breathe that they get the ok to release an official one.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 12 December 2006, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      So do I TJ you did the right thing reporting him/her, we all knew the rules before we went, I hope this doesn't stop G4 and Amanda considering making a DVD of AT2, I was looking forward to see what I missed because I sick on the Saturday

Julia(samcarterrules)
      I agree also, if the rules are up there for all to see then they should be followed. I would love to see an official DVD as i could not come due to a lack of funds (our bungalow keeps eating all our spare cash!) but i'm really hopeing to get to see Amanda at AT3
      ......TARA......

Comment

give them time

from teh pov of a person that edits video, it takes time to put something together, and then double/triple that just to get approval cause it likely has to be approved by multiple sources.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
          S/Jt/V = S/Jt > S/V > S/C > S/J

in mine
          Spoiler:
          Oh no you DI'INT!

Spoiler:
          lol, what is this? Smiley war? I love them, great work
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            Oh yes, the smilie wars are always fun and give us a good laugh
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              give them time

from teh pov of a person that edits video, it takes time to put something together, and then double/triple that just to get approval cause it likely has to be approved by multiple sources.
              And I bet all of your clients are very patient and understanding when you tell them that, too, Sky, right?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                *scrubs brain out at the thought of S/C*

*waits patiently for more Choices*
                S/C.....Trrrrrrrrryyyyy it, you'll like it!

Might have to wait a wee bit longer for Choices... my other pairing muse keeps beating up my S/J muse.... and the general muse says no fair - it wants action/team!
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                  S/C.....Trrrrrrrrryyyyy it, you'll like it!
                  *plugs ears and sings*

"CHIPMUNKS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIRE......"

Comment

*plugs ears and sings*

Spoiler:

Step away from my cousins mini
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Who else thinks this looks nothing like Carter?

http://www.phoenix-icons.com/samanth...form-p-869.htm

Or is it just me?

The Diamond ones, otoh, are pretty sweet.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2250/d5215zj2.jpg
                      http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4548/d2024my0.jpg
                      Last edited by minigeek; 12 December 2006, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Spoiler:

Step away from my cousins mini
                        Ha! Thus proving that Mandy and her cousin WERE in fact at the AT2 PINK PARTY in London....
                        Spoiler:

Comment

*plugs ears and sings*

Oh C'mon Mini......you know you wanna........ if I could slide over to the dark side.... so can everyone else! (hey.... I need some company over here!)

*slides LJ link to Sam/Cam on a motorcycle fic over mini's way*
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                            Oh C'mon Mini......you know you wanna........ if I could slide over to the dark side.... so can everyone else! (hey.... I need some company over here!)

*slides LJ link to Sam/Cam on a motorcycle fic over mini's way*
                            I can't do scam, I can't. I'm sorry! I've tried. SCam and SamDan are the only two so far that I get friendly with the bucket over.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              i love them too...they are really great i wish i knew how to make them...they are sweet

And about the ship in here..i'm a big, hopeless, addicted S/J shipper and don't ship Sam with other people

But i like a good Sam/Vala friendship or the Sam/Janet friendship..friendships are good...
                              But i'm not a Sam/Cam or sam/Daniel shipper, it's not my thing i just can't see them together...you really have to come with very good arguments to convince me that it could!
                              sigpic

Comment

If I may say opnion about the "video filming incident". I watched clipes from other conventions with Amanda (no they were no Gabit ot Avalon ones). But I don't know if anyone said there: filming isn't allowed or it is allowed?

But if I see a sign: do NOT walk on the grass, I don't walk on the grass.

Same here, it's good that it got reported. If I was there and they say no filmo,g I don't film (I don't even know IF I'd take a videocamera with me, but I'd take a photo camera with me.)

Even the people who organized everything didn't film.

Shame on that one guy/girl.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X