Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
    56. He'll be 57 in January.
    He's one year older than my mummmy.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      Alright, onward and away from the negativity.

Captionary!

so, ya wanna kiss it and make it better?????

well pucker up big boy
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Grrrr. I've just found that a well known site is posting videos from Gabit. I've just reminded the owner that it's forbidden and their reaction was "It's only one. The others weren't good enough quality to go online". I got really mad because if this happens, the chances are that the G4 won't allow cameras at ALL. One video can ruin it for EVERYONE. And the reaction? "Well, it's not like I'm selling it for money, so it doesn't matter." GGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH.
        I just had to delurk to respond to this.

I am appalled. Not only is it disrespectful as other have pointed out to Amanda and the G4, it is also disrespectful to the rest f the fans who happily observe the rules.

In addition It is ungrateful. The G4 have worked hard to put together an event which is enjoyable and fun for both Amanda and the attendees. They requested the minimal of restrictions and placed a great deal of trust in us to behave in a respectful manner - which I think on the whole nearly all of us did.

I agree that they need to be shopped - and don't feel bad TJ - I'm right behind you!!

Comment

"I said that I wouldn't, Sir. I never said that I couldn't."

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
            Thanks minigeek! Really excited too! I'm really touched that so many have read it and responded so positively. OUt of pure curiosity, how did you find your way there LoL?

ChopinGal! Oh my gosh hello! You guys get me all excited LoL!

GateGirl422
            Welcome and I personally think your name is quite original...of course, my name is Gate Gal so I might not be the best judge.

Comment

To say thank you to all those who have shared their convention photos and reports.

Comment

Oh, wow! Thanks, parsifal! I've only ever seen the baby version of that pic. THANK YOU!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Wow. If I didn't already know that was Amanda, I wouldn't've recognized her.

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                  To say thank you to all those who have shared their convention photos and reports.

Comment

Alright, onward and away from the negativity.

Capitionwise, I got nuthin', but that is such a great pic! I also agree that she looked very young at Avalon. With that long hair, she could easily pass for 25.

Also, OT but I know many of you prefer classic SG1 to new SG1, so I'm posting a link to a petition to get RDA into the movies. Personally, I don't think it would be right to do them without him (and not just for shippy reasons). I also think we'll get more Amanda time if we have RDA. I don't want Sam to be wallpaper in the movies, and when Jack was still there she was never wallpaper. If he isn't there, I fear we'll get a lot of Vaniel (not that I'm opposed to Vaniel) and some hero Cam (like him too and figure they are setting him up for the new series) with a side of Sam and Teal'c as backdrop. If you are part of any other online groups then pass it on, but please don't sign it if you don't want RDA in the movie. FTR, this is not a ship petition. It is only about getting RDA into the movies.
                    https://www.petitiononline.com/mod_p...d.cgi?RDASGMOV

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

See, Amanda could easily pass for a love interest for Jimmy Olsen. Hmm, maybe Chloe needs some competition on Smallville. Amanda could play a supervillian with the hots for Jimmy.....no, make that Clark.

Comment

Hey guys, a bit of a spoiler for those inclined. Actually got some intel about who the villian is going to be for the second movie. I'll tag it for those not interested in being spoiled. I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually like this idea. Way scarier and more believable than the Ori, if you ask me.

Spoiler:

Eeeek!!! Now that's scary.

He's one year older than my mummmy.
                        He's only 4 years older than hubs.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          The thing is that they used to write decent stories. Was it BW's editing? RDA & Greenburg saying "no" to certain things? If the show had started the way it was in S9, I never would have kept watching it past an episode or two.

And on the topic of demographics--the loyal viewers were maturing along with the show. (ok, I was already "mature" ) But my point is, they slapped we stalwarts in the face to go for "younger" and "less sophisticated" viewers. (And that's not necessarily synonymous with younger--we've got some discerning younger viewers on this thread, for example). Stargate was never "Shakespeare," but it was more than a shoot-em-up.

It isn't just the stalwarts they lost. Occasional viewers and possibly potential new viewers looking in.
                          I can remember a 50 year old (now ex) male colleague who watched Stargate whenever he was around when it was on. He commented on an ep he just happened to watch - the first season 9 ep when Vala first visited SG1. His comment about Vala was "I couldn't believe it, this isn't what I want to see when I watch Stargate - if this is the direction they are going in I won't be watching again" (apologies to Vala fans, but that was his reaction and it was about the attire she was wearing (or more to the point not wearing) by the way). He went on to comment further, but it's more of the same that has been posted over the last few posts.

I think when Rick and Michael left so did the maturity and probably an understanding and respect of the fan base.

I have very briefly flicked through an interview with Brad Wright in a current sci fi mag. He was talking about the cancellation. He said that their (he and Coop's) first reaction was a little relief because of the pressure of having 2 shows, then they did have a little concern for the people who have just lost jobs - he very quickly went on to say oh they'll pick up other work.

I was astounded. I though their first reaction would be for the people who had just lost their jobs - especially the main actors - who won't necessarily find it easy to pick up full time work. I was so disgusted with his comment I didn't read any more. The more I listen to comments by these people the less I think of them.

As long as you chaps are okay and still have work - that's what matters right.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post

I think when Rick and Michael left so did the maturity and probably an understanding and respect of the fan base.
                            And there's the most perfect answer, right there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                              And there's the most perfect answer, right there.
                              Agreed!

I just had a goofy thought and had to share it. I wonder if Amanda would be hanging out on a Dawn French fan board if she had the time. Obviously, she is way too busy, but it is so cool that she is as big a fan gurl as we are fan gurls/guys. Just a random, goofy thought....now I've got Christmas candy to make and a Christmas quilt to finish and presents to buy and the list goes on and on.....See ya later Samandans!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post
                                It isn't just the stalwarts they lost. Occasional viewers and possibly potential new viewers looking in.
                                I can remember a 50 year old (now ex) male colleague who watched Stargate whenever he was around when it was on. He commented on an ep he just happened to watch - the first season 9 ep when Vala first visited SG1. His comment about Vala was "I couldn't believe it, this isn't what I want to see when I watch Stargate - if this is the direction they are going in I won't be watching again" (apologies to Vala fans, but that was his reaction and it was about the attire she was wearing (or more to the point not wearing) by the way). He went on to comment further, but it's more of the same that has been posted over the last few posts.

I have very briefly flicked through an interview with Brad Wright in a current sci fi mag. He was talking about the cancellation. He said that their (he and Coop's) first reaction was a little relief because of the pressure of having 2 shows, then they did have a little concern for the people who have just lost jobs - he very quickly went on to say oh they'll pick up other work.

I was astounded. I though their first reaction would be for the people who had just lost their jobs - especially the main actors - who won't necessarily find it easy to pick up full time work. I was so disgusted with his comment I didn't read any more. The more I listen to comments by these people the less I think of them.

As long as you chaps are okay and still have work - that's what matters right.
                                Great post, Coley! It is sad and does not speak well of those in charge.

Whatever happened to that good old-fashioned virtue of integrity? I guess it got diluted and eventually disappeared altogether after it was mixed in with all that later-season hubris.
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 December 2006, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X