No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone who shared their pics. I would have greened you all, but the fridge is locked at the moment.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
      Samandans, get a grip! 40 is sporty; 50 is nifty; 60 is sexy.
      And 33 is flirty 'n' free?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        Uh, CG...while I LOVE that image...it's a bit too BIG for the forum. It's making the page all wonky for those of us still using tiny monitors. Would you please, pretty please shrink it?

Thanks!

*drools at the image...
        You want me to shrink Jack?! My GW pages have been wonky for two nights - I thought it was the thread.

I don't do pixels. Tomorrow, maybe. Have to run right now. If all you guys are having problems tomorrow, just PM me and also tell me how to shrink Jack. (I'll probably be sorry I used that choice of words, won't I?)

Good night guys - have to be up early for a business trip.

Comment

Kat! You're here! we missed ya. i'm sorry to hear you're under the weather, but it sounds like you threw a bang up bash for your little girl! Maybe next GABIT she can come along with you, she's already a celebrity around here.

Feel better soon..... (hugs)

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post

(sigh)
            http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7...ntationxu8.jpg

[ / gush off]

(no really i swear!)

mini(the carpal tunnel)geek

thanks for posting this, mini!!! (((hugs)))

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
            My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
            My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
            My Stargate Videos
            It's meant to be!

Comment

(sigh) The things I do for the people I love!

Standing next to the perpetually lovely Amanda Tapping and the sweet and petite Skydiver for a photograph, I feel very much like the 600 LB gorilla in the room! However, Skydiver has convinced me to shut up and suck it up, geek! (and i certainly don't want to know what happens if I disobey a direct order from Skydiver! (gulp!) ) In the interest of how much I love all you guys and how much I'm still grateful to you all for allowing me to present your beautiful thoughts and wishes alongside my drawing, we've finally gotten permission to share the photo taken at the presentation!

So................ now that I've gone and finished all my whiny, petulant excuses! lol

Here's a little back story for those unaware. Julia had graciously gone to bat for us and made a special moment available during the very first autograph session where Skydiver and I would be able to come in via a special pass and present what I've now come to realize is entitled "The Samanda Poster" to Amanda. In truth there are messages from all over Amanda's fandom on it, but the idea did originate here on this very thread. Not only did Julia make this possible for us, but she also took care of the expense of sending of the poster safely back to Amanda in Vancouver so that it would be possible for her to look at it in London and receive it later on at home without having to carry something that bulky around in her baggage. Julia took care of all of that and she told me it was her part of the gift as a Samandan herself, so THANK YOU again Julia, for making all of this possible. ((hugs))

When the poster first popped into idea form I thought we might get nearly a hundred signatures for it. Well there was more than double that number!!!! I also received notes from people who, for whatever reason, couldn't participate or wanted to mention that they didn't feel eloquent enough to say anything but that their affection and admiration for Amanda was there anyway.

When Becks came out into the lobby during the first autograph session and found Skydiver and I, she said: "C'mon you two!" and literally marched us into the room, past everyone, and set us up right in front of the autograph desk. GULP! lol I remember standing there much like a deer in headlights thinking Oh. My. God. What do I say?!! lol - but Skydiver grabbed my arm and tugged me out there with her, and together we managed to unroll the monster in the poster-tube.

I know I've said this before, but when Amanda saw it, she immediately read two or three of the messages randomly and she remembered people. She looked up and she was smiling and she said, "Oh, I know her! I met her just this summer!" and "Oh my gosh, she's the lady who gave me the great potty training book!" and "I can't believe you guys did this!" - needless to say, I was somewhat tongue tied to reply. But I did manage to get out that there were a couple of hundred messages and that for every signature on that poster, there were at least ten or twenty others who wanted to be there, many of whom were at AT2 right now and some of who couldn't be, but were there in spirit. I don't remember if I managed to say anything else because I was so nervous. But Julia was so helpful and so was Skydiver that I think it actually went OK in the end!

Amanda hugged Sky and I both (and somehow we need to share those hugs! Next year's GABIT event? Group Hug?! lol) and then she went back to reading more of the messages, she really seemed fascinated by them. To illustrate even further how amazing she was (I don't know if I should even mention this), but as has already been mentioned before in the thread, she had a very "wonky tummy" that morning and it looked like she was in a fair bit of discomfort/pain when we entered the room. Even so she GOT UP and came over and walked around and held the poster and hugged us, etc., and all I kept wanting to say was: "Oh, god it's OK, please don't worry about getting up...!" She hardly let it show, she was so amazing about it, so I opted not to say anything because hers was such a graceful gesture, I didn't want to tarnish it.

Anyhow, as we finally left the room, Julia looked up and grinned and said: "See? That wasn't so hard!" (or something to that effect, and I could have hugged her right there, lol) but I think I hugged Sky instead and we walked out together (I was grateful for the support just then .... LITERALLY!).

So without further adieu, here it is. The photo of Skydiver and I presenting the Samanda Poster to Amanda at AT2. Julia sent it last night and gave us permission to post. I think Amanda had to OK it first. You can really get a good sense for how large the poster was in the picture, finally.

Spoiler:

I have to say I felt such a great sense of pride to have been able to get up there and represent this group of people and so many articulate voices. There were so many amazing messages and so many encouraging notes on that poste from people all over the world, I had quite a few I am sooo not worthy moments the night before, lemme tell ya! lol I said to Anni when I got back that it was one of the scariest things I ever did. Also one of the most amazing things. The irony of course is that I do meet so-called celebrities on a fairly regular basis and I've never really been nervous before like this. Then again I've never really had a (famous) hero before so I guess it balances out. I have to say, Amanda Tapping is a personal hero of mine. Not because she's famous. Not because she's on TV. But because she's so absolutely, unfailingly genuine. She's REAL. I admire her more so now after AT2 than before, having met her. The thing is I can't even put into words the kindness or the warmth that comes off of her face to face, it's like an energy you can feel and she's so willing to BE around people; to hug them or to share whatever personal space they're comfortable with in order to make them feel special. She really does care and as a result WE all truly care about her right back.

I didn't think it was possible that a TV "celebrity" could be so darn COOL. I went to AT2 believing I'd have my little case of hero-worship tarnished and move on (because c'mon, no one is that awesome in real life, right?!). Amanda is. I came away from AT2 realizing that we're not just nameless fans to her, we were not just demographics for her series, we were people and we were important to her on a level that seemed to go beyond the call of duty if she didn't truly care about folks.

No matter where she goes from here, or where I go, I know I can personally say one thing for certain. I think a lot of us can. I will follow Amanda's career with interest and enthusiasm for the rest of her life. And I would wholeheartedly embrace any future opportunity to meet her again. She is truly one in a million.

Anyway!!!!

[ / gush off]

(no really i swear!)
              mini(the carpal tunnel)geek

Mini, you did a fab job on the poster!! I know you and Sky did a wonderful job representing Samanda. ( Although I think Scari has better eyes than I, cause I can't see my message at all!)
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

you don't have to shrink it CG, i just snipped the img tags

and i'm glad MG posted the picture. It was truly an honor to be a part of it. and don't let her kid you, her words were eloquent and heart felt and sincere, which means more than any canned speech
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                  And I'll be 50 in March so paleeeese.....you're young.

Julia
                  G4
                  And I'll be 55 in February so...very young. Oh to be thirty...sorry, got carried away. Sneaks quietly away
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

I have a couple of quick questions for everyone who went to GABIT and/or Avalon.

How fresh are your memories? How willing would you be to sharing them?

I ask this because I'm building on the video GABIT/Avalon project...and if you haven't sent yours to me yet...AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!...please do so because I'm still waiting for some videos.

At any rate, you can do this from the comfort and privacy of your own home...it's free...no one would see you...and we can make something really cool together for you and your families to enjoy forever.

Is your interest piqued?

If so...let me know right here in Samanda...and I'll give you details.

Last edited by Uber; 05 December 2006, 08:23 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Sounds like fun. Be happy to share moments. Though maybe we could set up some kind of conference-call for those of us who were there and get the MOOD back, lol, we were a rowdy bunch, I'll tell ya!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                      I have a couple of quick questions for everyone who went to GABIT and/or Avalon.

How fresh are your memories? How willing would you be to sharing them?

I ask this because I'm building on the video GABIT/Avalon project...and if you haven't sent yours to me yet...AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!...please do so because I'm still waiting for some videos.

At any rate, you can do this from the comfort and privacy of your own home...it's free...no one would see you...and we can make something really cool together for you and your families to enjoy forever.

Is your interest piqued?

If so...let me know right here in Samanda...and I'll give you details.

Comment

Sounds like fun. Be happy to share moments. Though maybe we could set up some kind of conference-call for those of us who were there and get the MOOD back, lol, we were a rowdy bunch, I'll tell ya!
                        Oh okay I'll tell ya then.

That's pretty much a part of it.

I have set up a call-in line where people can call in and share their favorite memories.

The BEST option would be to set up a conference call (which I can very easily and in a few minutes) and get a bunch of you to call into it at the same time and gab away. And those who can't make that call could call into a call in line and share a few moments.

Then I can take that audio and put it to pictures and such from GABIT and Avalon.

I can also add the videos to this too to make it a complete deal.

What say y'all?

Comment

I'm in, totally. If we can organize a time that's mutually convenient. That sounds very cool.

Comment

I'm in, totally. If we can organize a time that's mutually convenient. That sounds very cool.
                            Sweet. I'll talk to a few of you to see if you can help me set it up...as in help contact the attendees who want to participate and I'll get the actual line set up when it's time.

Comment

Hmmmm... scari looks a bit like Janet, doesn't she?

<---scari

My LJ

Comment

Looking at all the pictures and hearing all of you talking about it ... Gabit must have been a blast!! hmm ... I wonder if the location where Gabit was being held has recovered yet

Comment

Working...
                                X