Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
    Just call the Samanda Legal Defence team! We got your back! Nolamom, on the shipper thread, uses SG1 episodes in her Social Studies classes to illustrate certain points. Emancipation for Women's Rights...you get the idea. Nothing wrong with molding the future, right?
    ROTFLOL Love it!!

Comment

... The thing is I can't even put into words the kindness or the warmth that comes off of her face to face, it's like an energy you can feel and she's so willing to BE around people; to hug them or to share whatever personal space they're comfortable with in order to make them feel special. She really does care and as a result WE all truly care about her right back.

I didn't think it was possible that a TV "celebrity" could be so darn COOL. I went to AT2 believing I'd have my little case of hero-worship tarnished and move on (because c'mon, no one is that awesome in real life, right?!). Amanda is. I came away from AT2 realizing that we're not just nameless fans to her, we were not just demographics for her series, we were people and we were important to her on a level that seemed to go beyond the call of duty if she didn't truly care about folks.

No matter where she goes from here, or where I go, I know I can personally say one thing for certain. I think a lot of us can. I will follow Amanda's career with interest and enthusiasm for the rest of her life. And I would wholeheartedly embrace any future opportunity to meet her again. She is truly one in a million.

Anyway!!!!

[ / gush off]

(no really i swear!)
      mini(the carpal tunnel)geek.
      Holy Hannah woman - you've become a royal ambassador! Terrific post and terrific pic. All three of you look lovely!!

To think that you had met Russell Crowe but the person you're "crowing over" is Amanda. Yep, she's the real thing! You're hooked. Welcome to the club.

Taking a vote ... who thinks that Sky and AT could be sisters or cousins, eh?!

So glad you got to share this with all of us!

Hugs, CG

Comment

I'm lovin' my new job! Today I got to tour a college campus and we were taken into the Department of Physics. You know you're in Carter territory when a sign in the lab says:

Beware of Quantum Ducks
        Quark Quark

The prof is working with a group of students on robotics projects (what my own high-school kids are working on) and, being careful not to be run over by little R2D2s and bump into looming "predator" arms, we are introduced to an eight ft. robot called Ladon (mythology figure) who is quite impressive considering that he was built with a reconditioned wheelchair and hydraulic systems from an old Chrysler. He's only the prototype - his brother will be 18-feet high!!

This is where it gets good ... I swear I'm not making this up, the prof takes us through the robot demonstration and then into another classroom where the cutest blonde in pigtails and safety goggles is tinkering over something ... he shows us a small motor and then introduces "Samantha" who is working on determining the torque for the motor to run another robot!!

FCOL ... the college student is named SAMANTHA! I nearly lost it right then and there. Quantum ducks and blonde Samanthas doing complex equations and building robots!!!

Two times this past week I'm watching bright young women showing me that Sam Carter dreams are coming true! Here's to women and science and just about anything else they care to do! Yippee!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          Not so young, lol, I'm in my (early ) 30's. But thanks for the sentiment!

mg
          Child!!!!

My LJ

Comment

Mini!

(((huggles))))

What a wonderful post and recap of the story! I'm glad the picture was OK'd, because the three of you and the masterpiece look great.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

Taking a vote ... who thinks that Sky and AT could be sisters or cousins, eh?!
              Mini-AT! I tell you!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

That is so cool, CG. It's great that you love you new job, too! Quark Quark (groan!) It's definitely a sign I could see on Carter's lab door..........

I'm lovin' my new job! Today I got to tour a college campus and we were taken into the Department of Physics. You know you're in Carter territory when a sign in the lab says:

Beware of Quantum Ducks
                Quark Quark

The prof is working with a group of students on robotics projects (what my own high-school kids are working on) and, being careful not to be run over by little R2D2s and bump into looming "predator" arms, we are introduced to an eight ft. robot called Ladon (mythology figure) who is quite impressive considering that he was built with a reconditioned wheelchair and hydraulic systems from an old Chrysler. He's only the prototype - his brother will be 18-feet high!!

This is where it gets good ... I swear I'm not making this up, the prof takes us through the robot demonstration and then into another classroom where the cutest blonde in pigtails and safety goggles is tinkering over something ... he shows us a small motor and then introduces "Samantha" who is working on determining the torque for the motor to run another robot!!

FCOL ... the college student is named SAMANTHA! I nearly lost it right then and there. Quantum ducks and blonde Samanthas doing complex equations and building robots!!!

Two times this past week I'm watching bright young women showing me that Sam Carter dreams are coming true! Here's to women and science and just about anything else they care to do! Yippee!

Comment

Mini-AT! I tell you!
                  Yep, I'll go with that one.

Comment

All right, since Mini has publically outed herself , I have a couple more pics to share from GABIT:

Spoiler:

Minigeek, Coley, uh...someone who may want to remain anonymous(?), and Spaz

Samandans, all... Tsax, 1Speed, Coley, Chopin Gal, anonymous glowering person , someone at a computer who shall remain nameless (?), the back of Spaz's head, plus random Samandan arms and legs

Deejay, I think Chopin Gal is signing your card, there.

Coley, Chopin Gal, 1speed

Someone else who may wish to remain anonymous (?), Minigeek, Tsax, and Spaz

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                      All right, since Mini has publically outed herself , I have a couple more pics to share from GABIT:

Spoiler:

Minigeek, Coley, uh...someone who may want to remain anonymous(?), and Spaz

Samandans, all... Tsax, 1Speed, Coley, Chopin Gal, anonymous glowering person , someone at a computer who shall remain nameless (?), the back of Spaz's head, plus random Samandan arms and legs

Deejay, I think Chopin Gal is signing your card, there.

Coley, Chopin Gal, 1speed

Someone else who may wish to remain anonymous (?), Minigeek, Tsax, and Spaz
                      *nostalgia*

OK, if we're posting pics, can I post some now?

/tugs on CG's sleeve

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        *nostalgia*

OK, if we're posting pics, can I post some now?

/tugs on CG's sleeve
                        You're waiting on CG? She's the one who posted a picture of her head on a body in a hot tub with Amanda! C'mon! (Or did I just dream that in some drug-induced state...?)

My LJ

Comment

You're waiting on CG? She's the one who posted a picture of her head on a body in a hot tub with Amanda! C'mon! (Or did I just dream that in some drug-induced state...?)
                          Haha. You know what? You seem pretty eager to post pics of people here, so I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to return in kind.

Spoiler:
                          Here's a pic of one of the blue jelly monsters that evening, alongside our safety expert.

And here's a poorly cropped picture of tsax and me showing each other some Samandan Lurve. I really shouldn't have posted this for OH so many reasons, but here it is anyway...

And here's the lovely 1speed (the only guy ). He was one of the subjects in our Sexy Smirk Series. I'm gonna have to wait on the permission of a couple of other people before I post them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            And here's a poorly cropped picture of tsax and me showing each other some Samandan Lurve. I really shouldn't have posted this for OH so many reasons, but here it is anyway...
                            LOL! I'd say that one about sums up the weekend perfectly. Oh yeah.

Comment

In the interest of how much I love all you guys and how much I'm still grateful to you all for allowing me to present your beautiful thoughts and wishes alongside my drawing, we've finally gotten permission to share the photo taken at the presentation! ....
                              I can't green you again. Thanks for this lovely story and for sharing the photo.

Oh, and as for what we'll do when SG1 finishes? I think we'll still find Sam/Amanda stuff to talk about and lots of other stuff too. Some of our conversations are rather tenuously linked to her now after all and yet we go on. There's such a great group of people here it would be a shame to let it go.
                              Last edited by jckfan55; 05 December 2006, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Beware of Quantum Ducks
                                Quark Quark
                                ROFL!

<snip for space>... FCOL ... the college student is named SAMANTHA! I nearly lost it right then and there. Quantum ducks and blonde Samanthas doing complex equations and building robots!!!
                                Beautiful! Beautiful!

Spoiler:

Samandans, all... Tsax, 1Speed, Coley, Chopin Gal, anonymous glowering person ,
                                *glowers*

Spoiler:
                                someone at a computer who shall remain nameless (?), the back of Spaz's head, plus random Samandan arms and legs
                                I can identify each and every one of those random limbs. Truly.

And spazzy's and tsax's Samandan Lurve brings a soft glistening tear to the eye.
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X