Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    The most recent Official Stargate Magazine has a fan poll on pages 64 & 65
    Favorite Stargate SG-1 episode: Foothold? Upgrades?

Top Stargate SG-1 tearjerker: Heroes, pt 2

Best Stargate SG-1 Villian: Nirrti

Funniest Stargate SG-1 Moment

Best Stargate SG-1 Guest Star: Teryl Rothery

Most romantic Stargate SG-1 moment: The end of Rite of Passage

Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis one liner:
    Good news: Your planet seems to have regenerated itself. -- Carter, The Game Keeper

Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis set design/faked location

Best Stargate SG-1 Costume: Carter in Service Dress

Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Cliffhanger: Exodus
    Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Writer: Robert C. Cooper
    Best Stargate Sg-1/Atlantis Director: Martin Wood

Comment

Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but I have to tell this to someone who will appreciate it....

So, I went to Avalon ... met AT...just loved her! She was delightful! So, I was watching SG for the first time since my return and WOW, I have to say that she looked so much different to me on the screen, than in person. I didn't think...while at Avalon that the long hair made a HUGE difference, but I have to tell you, I think it did.. So, anyway...I just wanted to share...

both ways though...as Sam Carter or AT....she's great!

S

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99 View Post
        Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but I have to tell this to someone who will appreciate it....

So, I went to Avalon ... met AT...just loved her! She was delightful! So, I was watching SG for the first time since my return and WOW, I have to say that she looked so much different to me on the screen, than in person. I didn't think...while at Avalon that the long hair made a HUGE difference, but I have to tell you, I think it did.. So, anyway...I just wanted to share...

S
        thanks for sharing your experience with us I am so glad you had the chance to find out what a great person she really is (and I am also a little jealous )

Drop by anytime you feel like talking about AT or Sam
        Last edited by Mandysg1; 04 December 2006, 01:44 PM. Reason: typos
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          thanks for sharing your experience with us I am so glad you had the chance the find out what a great person she really is (and I am alos a little jealous )

Drop by anytime you feel like talking about AT or Sam
          Speaking of Avalon (I know, when are we not - even now??), here's a link to an official pic that was posted on the Avalon site. I don't know if anyone is following the Avalon thread, or if it's been posted here already, but I thought it was cute... Because I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Pic 2 of 3

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99 View Post

S
            And that is just another reason to be excited about Amanda's new project! I have no doubt that by the end of the first episode we will be saying Sam who? Amanda is so talented and with the different hairstyle she will bring us an entirely new character. I can't wait! I love Sam Carter. I think she is larger than life. She is a terrific rolemodel/superhero! I am so glad that Amanda was cast in the role, because I anyone else could have done the role justice. However, when Amanda gets her lifetime achievement award, I don't want to see her introduced as Sam Carter. I want that to be one of many incredible, unforgettable characters that Amanda brings to life. For Amanda, the future looks pretty bight!

Of course, when Amanda's new series starts we may have to consider changing the name of Samanda or moving to a new thread and that is kindof depressing...

Looking back over today's posts tells me that I'm a little moody today. Maybe I'd feel a bit better if mini drew a full length RDA with skies and bow.

Comment

Favorite Stargate SG-1 episode - The Lost City

Favorite Stargate Atlantis episode - The Storm

Top Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Male - Jack O'neill

Top Stargate SG-1/ Atlantis Female - Sam Carter

Top Stargate SG-1 tearjerker - Heroes

Top Stargate Atlantis tearjerker - The Tower I laughed so hard I cried.

Best Stargate SG-1 Villian - Apophis/Replicators

Best Stargate Atlantis Villian - Joe Mallozzi

Funniest Stargate SG-1 Moment - The Other Guys' "Why look everybody, he's got Coombs with him!" The line is so well delivered that Judge & Tapping can barely hold it together.

Funniest Stargate Atlantis moment - The Tower

Best Stargate SG-1 Guest Star - Ooh, that's a toughy. Tony Amendola, ftw.

Best Stargate Atlantis Guest Star - Amanda Tapping or Richard Dean Anderson (He is so the franchise)

Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis set design/faked location - Ooh, another toughy. Goa'uld ships, Aqueduct in Thor's Hammer, Netu, Halla, various other unnamed places

Best Stargate SG-1 Costume - Apophis' gold number (He is owning that thing with every step)

Best Stargate Atlantis Costume - Not those Galaxy Quest uniforms, that's for sure. Neither, too, the catch-all Nazi-esque outfits.

Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Cliffhanger - The Lost City

Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Writer - For Jack and Sam, Brad Wright. For Daniel, Robert Cooper. For Teal'c, Chris Judge. For plot and story, Robert Cooper. For character interaction and use of artistic elements, Brad Wright.

Best Stargate Sg-1/Atlantis Director - Martin Wood, far and away.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                I wish I could say it didn't still really bother me, but that would be a lie. On this issue, it isn't even my inner shipper in control it is a matter of principal
                Spoiler:
                Daniel fans have been anti S/J ship because he didn't want the show to lose its team dynamic. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on this point, because I did get this from a board. If I'm wrong I'll gladly retract the statement.) However, when his character is involved in the ship then suddenly shipping is O.K. No way! Sorry, no Sam/Jack then I'll be moderately annoyed and won't bother with the third series (not sure I'll watch it any way), but I'll get over it. Give the season finale to a ship that has existed for a very short time thus making every other character in the episode wall paper....including my favorite...NO! I don't even wan the Sam/Jack ship to take away from the rest of the team. I am in no way opposed to D/V. I'd probably even be a D/V shipper if I had some on screen confirmation that S/J were together.
                Sorry, end of rant. I know there are plenty of nonshippers/antishippers on the thread, so I hope I didn't offend any of you. If so, I appologize in advance.
                I see it as symptomatic of a larger problem. Firstly there's the issues you've mentioned above...

But even more so, there's a matter of trust and character integrity.

They have with almost a fervent determination dismantled all of her major character/story arcs in the last year and a half and blatantly ignore the most obvious avenue to take the character (or at least I had thought it was)...team leadership. And then they say they don't know what to do with her character.

Further, if I can't trust them to finish a story because it's controversial to some, then I why should I trust them to finish anything they start? What if the Wraith storyline were to become unpopular by a vocal sect of fandom and they moved on from it...condescendingly deigning to address the issue as a joke and then suggest that they've left it open to fan interpretation. What?!??

There are a thousand things they could have done with Sam had they bothered. Sam could have been doing a thousand different things rather than just be at Area 51 for the first few episodes of Season 9...but they didn't care.

Sam could have been a sophmore team leader with a new eager rookie that rubbed her the wrong way...but they would have had to allow her a position of authority.

They could have respected the story arc they chose to take on with the whole Pete thing...her personal emotional journey...and actually clued us into what the character decided instead of turning it into a juvenile joke...with the unknown relationships in Ripple Effect to the whole 200 thing. [Look! she called him "Sir" at the altar! *snicker*] Instead they turned her into an almost 2 dimensional automaton...or as Amanda puts it, "exposition girl."

Why should I trust them with finishing SG-1 off right or with SGA? Or any other part of the franchise should it grow?
                Last edited by Uber; 04 December 2006, 11:48 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  *blushes furiously*
                  I'm so not brilliant. But thanks for the compliment, anyway.
                  Are too.

[[iz an unapologetic minigeek fangurl]]

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                    Are too.

[[iz an unapologetic minigeek fangurl]]
                    I'll join that fan club! Yeah, minigeek!

Comment

I believe the words Amanda used on stage at AT2 (re: Sam and Jack getting together) were (that they hadn't yet) ... "and they probably never will." After which she looked a bit contrite and added. "Maybe." That leads me to believe they didn't film anything vis-a-vis Sam and Jack by the end of Season Ten. Either that or Amanda was intentionally trying to misdirect everyone about it (big if). Given the flagrant Vaniel Arc on SG-1 since Season Nine began, I tend to doubt we'll see anything else even remotely hinted at on screen prior to the movies - where Sam and Jack are concerned.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                        I'll join that fan club! Yeah, minigeek!
                        I don't have a fan club! And I never will! But... you can be my friend if you want to. We likeses new friends, yes we likes them, yes we do, precious....

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Actually I think you're right.

Or possibly
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam and AU McKay
                          because we haven't heard anything about THE MAN returning for the series finale.
                          Have to say that this is what worries me - if RDA was going to be in the final epppys it strikes me that it would be awfully hard for them to keep THAT secret so it is likely to be Vaniel or Sod and my bet is on Sod (it is no secret I do not like the immature way they write the Rodney/Sam stuff so I have also fears of what they do with Sam in Season 4 of Atlantis). Really doesn't matter either way which they mean, they word it the way they do on purpose to make people THINK it will be what they want to see and then of course it will just be disappointment with Vaniel or Sod because that is NOT what people would have expected them to mean when they say "fan favorites". The people in charge of this show are pretty lame and they do misrepresent (I know its called advertising and talking up the show and trying to get viewers) and they really DO jerk the fans around (especially the Jack and Sam shippers who I kind of feel sorry for) to a very big extent and this is just a small example of how they manipulate - they're pretty despicable if you ask me but that's just me and my opinion but I don't like them.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
                            Top Stargate Atlantis tearjerker - The Tower I laughed so hard I cried.

LOL -
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              I believe the words Amanda used on stage at AT2 (re: Sam and Jack getting together) were (that they hadn't yet) ... "and they probably never will." After which she looked a bit contrite and added. "Maybe." That leads me to believe they didn't film anything vis-a-vis Sam and Jack by the end of Season Ten. Either that or Amanda was intentionally trying to misdirect everyone about it (big if). Given the flagrant Vaniel Arc on SG-1 since Season Nine began, I tend to doubt we'll see anything else even remotely hinted at on screen prior to the movies - where Sam and Jack are concerned.

mg
                              Yep, I think you are probably right which is why I'm just ready for it to be over already. I'm so glad Amanda will have Executive Producer status on her next project. At least she'll have some creative control over the next one. Now, I'm by no means just talking about the ship. With Amanda in a position of authority, hopefully we won't have to fuss over issues like women in leadership (because giving the team to Cam wasn't about Sam's ability to lead at all it was all about letting the MAN be the hero) or wall papering of any cast members. I can't see Amanda not fully taking advantage of her whole cast by making sure they have juicey things to play with. She is just too much of a class act for that.

Comment

Thanks for reminding us about this, tsax! I need to get on this pronto.

Favorite Stargate SG-1 Ep: The Lost City
                                Favorite Stargate Atlantis episode: The Storm/The Eye
                                Top Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Male: Jack O'Neill
                                Top Stargate SG-1/ Atlantis Female: Samantha Carter
                                Top Stargate SG-1 tearjerker: Threads
                                Top Stargate Atlantis tearjerker: Hmm... I don't think an Atlantis episode has ever made me want to cry...
                                Best Stargate SG-1 Villian: Generally speaking, the Goa'uld; specifically, Apophis
                                Best Stargate Atlantis Villian: Generally speaking, the Gen'ii; specifically Kolya
                                Funniest Stargate SG-1 Moment: The briefing room scenes in Urgo or the infirmary scene in Lockdown
                                Funniest Stargate Atlantis moment: Learning Rod's real name
                                Best Stargate SG-1 Guest Star: I can't decide.
                                Best Stargate Atlantis Guest Star: The SG-1 cast
                                Most romantic Stargate SG-1 moment: SG-1 at Jack's cabin. OT4, baby! ... OK, the controversial S/J stuff in D&C...
                                Most romantic Stargate Atlantis Moment: Beckett and that chair are smokin'... No romance in Atlantis, please.
                                Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis one liner: I can't decide.
                                Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis set design/faked location: For the sake of recycled design, The Village set.
                                Best Stargate SG-1 Costume: Unas
                                Best Stargate Atlantis Costume: Wraith
                                Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Cliffhanger: Exodus
                                Best Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Writer: Brad Wright (I was gonna say Alan M., but it's not even funny to joke about that...)
                                Best Stargate Sg-1/Atlantis Director: Martin Wood

Also, re: RDA being in the last few eps... That's not really a possibility is it? I so wish it were, but they probably would've blabbed about that long ago, right? *maintains skepticism* I want RDA in the last episodes for no reason except that he's one of the originals, and should be there to see the show to the end. Once again, I'm supremely bitter about the fact that they wasted his time on Atlantis episodes. :: opens old wounds ::

Comment

Working...
                                X