Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    I believe they will still see the last half of S10/S3 long before the USA will. Though by the time the USA gets them I'd say many online fans may have already seen the eps.

I remember when Babylon 5 was on. Lets just way the postal service was very busy. :blink:

Suse
    i won't be seeing the eps via alternative methods, so hearing everyone's reports are the only way for me to 'see' it until i see it. so i want to know when the UK will be seeing the final ep.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      question -

since scifi isn't going to show the remaining eps until april -which used to be march; what is the schedule for the UK? and especially, when will the UK be seeing the last ep?

sally
      The UK got to see Counterstrike 10x07 (I think) this week so if they play straight through the eps like usual then expect to see news of The Quest part 2 popping up sometime in early January (they take a break at Christmas approx 2 weeks).

There is a UK Coundown thread so keep an eye on it for what is currently happening.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
        --I really want to see more Sam/Vala interaction. They are such interesting characters - so very different. (Yeah, I daydream about a body-switching episode between Sam and Vala. So sue me. )
        LOL!!!

I love the idea...I wasn't a Vala fan at first, but she's starting to grow on me, actually. I think that these two switching bodies, (with the right writing), could be as hilarious or even more hilarious as the Jack/Teal'c switch in Holiday. (And that says a lot coming from me.)

Edit---there's totally enough room in the band for everyone!
        *I say as I glare at the guitar in the corner of my room; lessons...well, let's just say they're not going so well. *

I think I'm going to pop School of Rock into my laptop...

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
        My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
        My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
        My Stargate Videos
        It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73
          --I really want to see more Sam/Vala interaction. They are such interesting characters - so very different. (Yeah, I daydream about a body-switching episode between Sam and Vala. So sue me. )
          How did I miss a post talking about Sam/Vala body swapping?

Amanda playing Vala and Claudia playing Sam would be way, way too much fun Especially since we're so used to seeing Amanda as the straight, serious one - I want to see her go a little loose so to speak

Comment

Also, picked up the Atlantis season 2 boxset today. Amanda does commentary for Grace Under Pressure with Martin Gero, Martin Wood and David Hewlett:

Spoiler:
            Couple of things she mentioned, she was very nervous doing that episode because it was the first time she'd been on the Atlantis set, working with the Atlantis crew, working with Martin Wood and David Hewlett again and she was still settling into the rythym with her baby so she wanted to make a good impression.

The scene where the top comes off, the first thing Amanda says is 'I look like a woman who's just had a baby' to which the Martins insist she looks stunning and David quips 'I have no idea what that looks like'. Martin Gero then says how he got all sorts of letters thanking him for that scene
            They originally had this wet-suit kinda thing that she was gonna wear for that scene, but it didn't work underwater so Amanda mentions how she just happened to pick up the blue bra from the clean laundry pile that morning. Then she mentions how her husband looks much better in it that she does o.O lol

There was also a scene that got cut where Amanda speaks whale They hear the whale making sounds outside, and Sam was meant to say 'I speak whale' and then say a few lines in a 'whale' voice while McKay/Hewlett is looking at her with a 'wtf...' look. Amanda did a very funny voice for it, but it had to be cut for time.

Also, the featurette 'Martin Gero: Road to a Dream' is extremely funny. It's Gero talking about how he is following his lifelong dream of being an actor by playing Beckett's handsome brother

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
              Also, picked up the Atlantis season 2 boxset today. Amanda does commentary for Grace Under Pressure with Martin Gero, Martin Wood and David Hewlett:

Spoiler:
              Couple of things she mentioned, she was very nervous doing that episode because it was the first time she'd been on the Atlantis set, working with the Atlantis crew, working with Martin Wood and David Hewlett again and she was still settling into the rythym with her baby so she wanted to make a good impression.

The scene where the top comes off, the first thing Amanda says is 'I look like a woman who's just had a baby' to which the Martins insist she looks stunning and David quips 'I have no idea what that looks like'. Martin Gero then says how he got all sorts of letters thanking him for that scene
              They originally had this wet-suit kinda thing that she was gonna wear for that scene, but it didn't work underwater so Amanda mentions how she just happened to pick up the blue bra from the clean laundry pile that morning. Then she mentions how her husband looks much better in it that she does o.O lol

There was also a scene that got cut where Amanda speaks whale They hear the whale making sounds outside, and Sam was meant to say 'I speak whale' and then say a few lines in a 'whale' voice while McKay/Hewlett is looking at her with a 'wtf...' look. Amanda did a very funny voice for it, but it had to be cut for time.

Also, the featurette 'Martin Gero: Road to a Dream' is extremely funny. It's Gero talking about how he is following his lifelong dream of being an actor by playing Beckett's handsome brother
              Now I really have something to look forward to when S2 is released in US.

Spoiler:
              The whale part has me cracking up, especially after watching Echoes recently where
              Spoiler:
              Rodney names the whale after Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post

Spoiler:

*snip*

Like Ellen Degeneres on Finding Nemo! So funny, I can imagine Amanda doing that really well!
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                  I can play a bit of banjo of but nothing like Dipsojazz. Oh I know!! I can play a mean set of spoons !

Have that ready and waitng!

Barring some unforseen calamity....I'm going this time around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Thanks for that break down CG!! That will help a lot in my planning $2000 Hmm, lemme think, how many pennys is that ?
                  For just
                  pennies
                  you too
                  can attend
                  AT3!

That's right...just
                  200,000 pennies!

That's less than 365 pennies a day!

So what's stopping you?

For less than
                  $4 a day
                  you could be spending an entire weekend
                  with your favorite online family!

And did I fail to mention
                  AMANDA TAPPING!

So grab those pennies and start saving!

Comment

Hmmm... I could sell my bagpipes.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                      Hmmm... I could sell my bagpipes.
                      Just as long as you don't sell them to ChopinGal...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam View Post
                        Just as long as you don't sell them to ChopinGal...

"I think he's got that right."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                          For just
                          pennies
                          you too
                          can attend
                          AT3!

That's right...just
                          200,000 pennies!

That's less than 365 pennies a day!

So what's stopping you?

For less than
                          $4 a day
                          you could be spending an entire weekend
                          with your favorite online family!

And did I fail to mention
                          AMANDA TAPPING!

So grab those pennies and start saving!

Brilliant, Kat! Just keep thinking forward rather than backward! We'll all be waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

"I think he's got that right."

Why would that be so bad?

Hey, could I play in the Samanda band? I haven't touched them in months so it wouldn't sound that great...
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                              Why would that be so bad?

Hey, could I play in the Samanda band? I haven't touched them in months so it wouldn't sound that great...
                              Cool! You play the bagpipes?

Where do you practice?
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                question -

since scifi isn't going to show the remaining eps until april -which used to be march; what is the schedule for the UK? and especially, when will the UK be seeing the last ep?

sally
                                they will probably see ti LOOONNNNGGGG before we will. which, i do not think is wise. Yes, your average viewer has no idea that the brits will see it first, nor will they care. but there will be little surprise in the fandom in general since spoilers will be rampant.

imho it's a very bad move for scifi

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                BTW, Sky, it isn't scary that you know Amanda's address by heart. We can just consider it another reason you are so good at being a moderator. How much longer til we get to read that interview? Any thing new in there that hasn't been shared on the thread yet?

LOL

well i have the transcript typed, i just need to re-listen and make sure i didn't make any mistakes. then i hope to transfer teh file to darren next week and hope and pray that he gets it up in a timely manner. I'm not sure what the schedule looks like for interviews and the like.

as to spoilers...none really but there are some cool tidbits...but y'all will just have to wait and read/listen to it when it's published
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X