Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i was at work and thinking about sam. then this question(s) came to mind...

a - what character traits do i/you share with sam?

b - what character traits do you 'wish' you shared with sam?

what about you guys?

sally
    Good question Sally. I would say for a) I love my subject/work and can be a bit one track at times. I like to think I'm a good friend.

for b) She's such a quick thinker--I'd like to be more like that. I'm not a scientist, but if I were, I'd be one of the staff that carries out Sam's brilliant ideas, not the one who thinks them up in the first place.
    On a more superficial level, I'd love to have her physical skills and looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      More shameless self-promotion but the story is Sam-centred

I've just posted my latest Aftershock TAG for Season Two's 'Prisoners'. It's a Sam/Hammond and Sam/Teal'c friendshippy story with a side-order of Jacob and Jack/Daniel friendship.

Aftershocks: A Prisoner Still
      lovely fic rachel, just lovely

i'm so glad you're continuing these
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Okay scari, where's the fic that goes along with this pic
        I'm still waiting for someone to make a caption with the word doohickey!

Samcarterrules; welcome to the thread! I'll be at AT2 for the Saturday

Comment

I was thinking of a question I'd like to ask AT if I ever went to a convention. I wonder what her view of directors is. Does she prefer a director to just let her do her thing or does she want a director who is more of a collaborator and advice giver? They have some directors that seem more concerned with the acting and some that are pretty technically oriented and I imagine that the technical ones don't pay as much attention to the acting. (At least that's the impression I get from some commentaries.) Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post

Okay, I'll give it a try

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
            Caption this:

[thanks to miseradreamer for the pic]
            Jack: Okay Carter, I'll have you freed just as soon as I get control of my ten foot doohickey.

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Okay, I'll give it a try

Jack: Okay Carter, I'll have you freed just as soon as I get control of my ten foot doohickey.

*headdesk!*

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I was thinking of a question I'd like to ask AT if I ever went to a convention. I wonder what her view of directors is. Does she prefer a director to just let her do her thing or does she want a director who is more of a collaborator and advice giver? They have some directors that seem more concerned with the acting and some that are pretty technically oriented and I imagine that the technical ones don't pay as much attention to the acting. (At least that's the impression I get from some commentaries.) Just a thought...
                sounds like something for a gabiteer or avaloner to scribble down and see if they can ask her at one of the two cons

sigpic

Comment

Yea, but how many Ba'als do I have to use, to make sally happy
                  it's not how many, but who they belong to.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Yea, but how many Ba'als do I have to use, to make sally happy
                    More than two would be just abnormal.
                    Last edited by SG1Poz; 23 October 2006, 04:04 AM. Reason: over the top

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post

Samcarterrules; welcome to the thread! I'll be at AT2 for the Saturday
                      Umm, I did

Comment

Okay, I'll give it a try

..and now insert Post # 54776

Comment

wheee, my interview with jamie is up

http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/n..._formula.shtml

well the article i wrote, the interview is to come

beware spoilers for s2 and 3

sigpic

Comment

i watched the last two eps last night of the eps i'd saved from season 10. they were 'company of thieves' and 'the quest pt 1'.

spoilers for both eps -
                            Spoiler:

'company of thieves'-
                            i enjoyed this ep more than 'the quest 1', even though sam wasn't in it as much. but her scenes were THE best of the ep, in my opinion. and her stuff was the meat of the ep.

i've basically grown accustomed and a bit fond of vala and mitchell now, and since their characters are better written this season, it makes eps nicer to watch. BUT, i'm still not 'interested' in them enough to rewatch their stuff when i'm rewatching an ep. so, i fastforwarded through the non sam stuff in CoT.

it was also very startling to see the difference in color/flavor between the sam-serious stuff and the everyone else-light hearted stuff. when the story wasn't on sam, i saw *exactly* what i didn't like about this new stargate sg1. it reminded me of the first five eps where daniel and vala lead the gang around and it felt -to me- like a space pirates version of stargate sg1. not a version i like or want.

back to the sam stuff... wow. that small (in actual time) scene where sam and emerson are taken to the bad guys, and then emerson is shot dead in front of her... that was well done, made only better with amanda's *realistic* performance. my only quibble with this is when she was finally returned... i'm 99 percent sure nothing 'else' happened to sam in that timeframe of her being gone, but it also wasn't explained why sam was crying just when they were returning her. fanwanking it, i'd say started getting anxiety about facing everyone and having to tell them that their commander was killed. and then remembering the scene that happened before her eyes... it's the only explanation i can come up with. if the writers hadn't put in that officer saying she'd been gone for hours, it would have worked without a fanwanking explanation. but i LOVE that she was upset when she was returned. it just added to the impact of emerson's death in some way.

'the quest pt 1' -
                            i greatly enjoyed seeing sam commanding the team! the writing is very much showing sam and mitchell co leading, but that scene where sam had to figure out the maze was showing her leading all on her own!!

i also liked the two sam-vala scenes of friendship; where vala leaned her head on sam's arm, and where, after sam figured out the maze, vala gave her a congradulatory pat on the arm. nice touches, which i'm sure amanda and claudia put in on their own.

DIDN'T like mitchell saying 'for crying out loud!'... ben has said that jack is his fave character, but he should really be careful to stay clear of comparisons. (more bashing for him)

and once again, i still don't know why sam said to baal and adria to 'get a room'. i'm an expert at seeing ship , but i saw none between those two when sam made that remark. but it was still fun seeing sam getting to say that.

the dragon didn't bother me at all. it's prob not real, but i wouldn't mind if it was.

baal being made to give up his knife shouldn't have made the forcefield go down. i say that because he didn't give it up willingly, and i thought this was a test of intent?

mitchell's one-liners don't bother me anymore. i'm not sure if it's the writing, or ben's delivery of them. but they're working. (just keep them under control, which is the advise i'd give everyone with this NEW stargate show).

sam was in 'the quest 1' a lot more than 'company of thieves', but i liked the latter's powerful scenes more. but i enjoyed last night's eps. (didn't love, but liked and enjoyed). the magic is still gone, though, which is ALL from the writing.

i know i've talked about these eps already, but i rewatched them and wanted to babble about them some more.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              wheee, my interview with jamie is up

http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/n..._formula.shtml

well the article i wrote, the interview is to come

beware spoilers for s2 and 3
                              Ah poor Sky, having to interview such a hunk
                              We know it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it
                              (nice preview sky )
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                Hi Everyone,

I hope I'm not stepping out of line by asking, but can anyone join the thread? I love Sam and Amanda.

Thanks
                                samcarterrules
                                ((((samcarterrules)))...welcome to Samanda!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X