Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

(snip)

I think Sam deserves an actual resolution to that story arc because to provide an actual, unambiguous ending is good story-telling. And yes as a shipper I'd like to see Sam and Jack end up together on-screen. That doesn't mean that I don't take what I want to see from Threads (that Sam and Jack did get together) and should the show end with ambiguity still in place that I wouldn't grudgingly consider it the resolution.
    the writing has had probs -to me- since season 5. it only lasted the first half, but it was the first time i saw a crack in the sg1 writing armor. then it started back up in season 7 and only got worse.

i'd like to see this show -and i'm including the two movies- end on not just a high note, but on a perfect pitch. and that means closing up the majority of their storylines. ie, S/J SHIP. and it they don't close it up with a happy resolution (s/j together)... i'm afraid there'd be some fans that wouldn't come back for any new project from them.

make the fans happy at the end. cliche' or not, it leaves a lasting impression (in more ways than one).

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      make the fans happy at the end. cliche' or not, it leaves a lasting impression (in more ways than one).
      Happy fans watch their shows/movies - and buy their merchandise.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i see it that way too, a rather symbiotic relationship

janet was the mother that sam couldn't be, while sam had the closeness to cassie that janet would never have

sam and cassie have the connection of shared experiences, both on hanka and with the naq and with jolinar while janet is the stability that cassie had to long for and - for the most part - free from the persistent fear of loss that has to plague sam and cassie
        I hope we get to see more of this relationship.

Heck, I still live in hope that they'll somehow get Janet back in some form. IMHO, they (the show/the team) never recovered from that loss.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

Heck, I still live in hope that they'll somehow get Janet back in some form. IMHO, they (the show/the team) never recovered from that loss.
          I think that TPTB wanted to have the dramatic impact of the death of a beloved character but at the same time, I'm not sure that they thought about how it would affect the show further down the line. Although I quite liked what little I saw of Dr Brightman and can tolerate Lam, neither of them come anywhere close to matching Janet, either in terms of her character or her bond with SG-1.

Then again, didn't they intend for Season Seven to be the last? Maybe they thought that they wouldn't need her.
          Last edited by ReganX; 17 October 2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

I agree whole heartedly with ya there, they never could find a replacement for Janet...dumb a$$ move they made there
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              Has Sam ever been paired with Hammond in fanfic?
              Probably. I couldn't see Jacob being best pleased, though.

FF.net might have some stories.

Comment

Hey guys, congrats on 1,000,000 thread views!

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

When it comes down to it, the Jack/Sam ship thingummy remains "unresolved" and needing attention only for supporters of that ship (and, maybe not all of them). Someone please point me to a quote if there is one - has any non-shipper called out the now oft-repeated mantra: "I want to see the ship issue resolved, one way or another!" ?
                  no, i haven't heard one say that. mostly just hoping that pesky/disgusting ship doesn't rear it's ugly head again. and mostly so they can take either sam or jack and put them with someone else. out of sight; good riddance.

just going by the majority of anti shippers i've read.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                    Laf, the thing that's so amusing to me is that in my mind, you, AD and Dem are just as much a shipper as Ooober, Mini, Sal and the others.
                    too bad they don't have a 'told you so' smiley.

You have your Sam/Jack shippers, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Cameron, Sam/Vala, Sam/Janet, Sam/Pete, Sam/Teal'c, Sam/Thor, Sam/McKay, Sam/Ba'al, and the list goes on. For a character who has only voluntarily kissed two men in ten years, she sure does get paired up a lot.
                    that's 'cause she's so perdy.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                      *ahem*

In our reality, there have only been two (voluntary) kisses: Narim and Pete.

Inter-Universal (tm) kisses, Time-travel/AUs, drug-induced urges, hallucinations-in-a-hallucination, time loops and RL kisses don't count.

which just goes to show you why their needs to be a HUGE and HONKIN sam and jack kiss!!

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        which just goes to show you why their needs to be a HUGE and HONKIN sam and jack kiss!!

sally
                        I so agree with that one.
                        Stargate Pants Girl
                        (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                        Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                          Happy fans watch their shows/movies - and buy their merchandise.

exactly.

i'm going to do some huge guesswork here, but i 'think' that s/j ship is popular with the majority of fans. i say that, because look at the ratings for season 8 alone, which had some poignant ship. and look at the eps that (continued) to be picked for the marathons; most if not all are ship tinted.

ship is a popular theme in entertainment. it $ell$.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AD!!

PG-13 AD-Fantasy content below...
                            Spoiler:

Now bend over, because the five lovely SG ladies are gonna take turns giving you 21 swats. For you, I'm sure this will be the spanking of a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              I agree whole heartedly with ya there, they never could find a replacement for Janet...dumb a$$ move they made there
                              Well I get why they did it...I just don't like or agree with it.

The notion that we the audience needed to be reminded of how quickly you could lose someone close to you so soon after Daniel "died" and was returned to them seems a bit silly to me.

I love Janet...and her friendship with Sam. I love her strength and the dynamic she added to the show and the team.

And I'll say it again. I don't think the show recovered from losing her.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh, wouldn't it be nice to see AT and TR working together again
                                Who knows, maybe in Amanda's new venture *well one can hope*
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X