and here's a gift just for you

Spoiler:

Jan: All we need now is AD
    Sam: Yea, so we can make an AD sandwich
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
      ....when I watched that I could see how some might get the impression that Sam and Janet were more than friends
      ...really?....when I watch RoP I don't even think of this hole sam/janet "more than friends" thing. I really can't imagine any of thos s/janet ship ideas. I think this:
      ...I thought long and hard about it...to me they are just the best of friends...that's how I percieve it...I still see Sam with Jack...just confirmation that Janet and Sam are the best of friends...and that Sam would always be there for both Janet and Cassie!
      Is all it is and nothing more and of cause not a thing less. Sam and Janet are(actually kind of "were-are") best friends, they have many things in common regarding feelings and thoughts and the are(or were....ahh dam* I'll use the present) some of the few women at SGC and meeting after every mission, so I think it's just natural, that a friendship developps. But I can't in any way imagine that there is more between them. It's a normal women friendship which is - as usual - more feelings intensive then a friendship like that kind of Jack/Teal'c or any of those men friendships.

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
        Du...what the? How did you get from one to the other, ya freak? Oh, it's you! nevermind.

(and when did we discuss nekkid-AT-vacuuming? was i sick that day? and are you sure it wasn't nekkid-Carter-posessed-by-aliens?)

Setting aside the imagining-based-on-zilch problem that's just plain unnice. I'm calling the Prime Minister.
        Oh sorry DEM, you're right it wasn't a naked AT vacuuming, it was Sam, and she wasn't posessed by aliens...unless you consider scarimor wanting to posess her an alien?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=52479
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          Oh, you are in for a treat! Grace Under Pressure was my favorite season 2 episode of SGA! Actually, it is one of the few times last season where the writers gave Amanda a decent script to work with (we are so lucky she is talented enough to make anything interesting). Sad that it was an Atlantis episode instead of an SG1!
          untill now s2 had some very good eps like "Conversion" "Critical Mass" and those with Ford forcing the team to help him and realizing his plans. Hope this ep. can reach those, though it's a totally different kind of ep.

Have A Nice Day
          -Bon Jovi-

I'll go to get some sleep now, bye!

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Holy moses...I just watched that ep last night...and I'm a S/J shipper but when I watched that I could see how some might get the impression that Sam and Janet were more than friends...especially the way she looks at Sam at the end when Sam and Cassie are playing chess...that smile she gives...now even though my brain went into hyperdrive...I thought long and hard about it...to me they are just the best of friends...that's how I percieve it...I still see Sam with Jack...in the end I didn't see RoP as definitive proof of Sam/Janet ship...just confirmation that Janet and Sam are the best of friends...and that Sam would always be there for both Janet and Cassie!
            Gotta go...work beckons...take care all...have a great day!
            See, I've always viewed Cassie as having two mothers, but I've never seen Sam and Janet ship. I believe Sam would have adopted Cassie herself if she weren't part of the most elite team on the planet, so she always had maternal feelings for Cassie. Janet, on the other hand, was at a place in her life where she could raise a daughter, so she adopted Cassie. I think Sam and Janet were friends (shown pretty clearly in Hathor) before Cassie came along, but Cassie's arrival and need of both women made them best friends (ie. both took a maternal role).

Comment

i see it that way too, a rather symbiotic relationship

janet was the mother that sam couldn't be, while sam had the closeness to cassie that janet would never have

sam and cassie have the connection of shared experiences, both on hanka and with the naq and with jolinar while janet is the stability that cassie had to long for and - for the most part - free from the persistent fear of loss that has to plague sam and cassie
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

people will see what they want to see
                How very, very true. You can have the same scene and 15 different views on it...at least when we're here everyone agrees Sam's a great character.

Comment

can you see her crying on daniel's or jonas' shoulders?????
                  I could. They both have really great shoulders-just perfect for crying on. Seriously, I could see her crying with them. Those two are sweet and relate to people well...they are people who would lend an ear and understand. They are open with their feelings and don't try to hide them.

I do agree she's got a wonderful relationship with Teal'c. I love in Paradise Lost he sought her out and she felt she could confide in him. He was a little hesitant to hug back at first-I don't think he expected her to do that. But then he hugged her..and it was so sweet. They are such great friends and I love that. I miss that.
                  Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 17 October 2006, 05:44 PM. Reason: Wrong ep name...whoops!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post

I do agree she's got a wonderful relationship with Teal'c. I love in Metamorphosis he sought her out and she felt she could confide in him. He was a little hesitant to hug back at first-I don't think he expected her to do that. But then he hugged her..and it was so sweet. They are such great friends and I love that. I miss that.
                    i think you mean paradise lost

it was jack's shoulder in meta
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i think you mean paradise lost

it was jack's shoulder in meta
                      D'oh....whoops. I knew that...really.... *Slinks off to change post*

Comment

Sam and Teal'c's relationship is one of those precious gems that is rarely acknowledged by TPTB. There's so much potential there though!

Look at Teal'c. From his background and upbringing, he had every reason to sneer at her or call her "woman." He should have reacted to her the same way that Bra'tac did in Bloodlines. A weak female.

Instead, he honored her right from the start. He gave her his staff weapon in Children of the Gods...a sign of humility and trust. And throughout the years, this bond has grown to such wonderful levels.
                        Spoiler:
                        Of all of Season 9 (which I primarily thought was a piece of refuse), one of the few moments that stuck out for me was when Teal'c saw Sam was alive in Ethon. That brief moment where he looked choked up to the point of almost tearing up. The touch to the arm. Her look of reassurance and gratitude for his being there too. So few words communicated so much.
                        And think of how much she trusts him. Here she was in the "woman trying to prove herself in a man's world" yadda yadda...and yet she felt comfortable enough to cry in front of him. In fact, I think that Teal'c is the one person she's been most comfortable expressing herself that way...which again, "should" not have been the case...because "shouldn't" he have perceived that as weakness?

Just a great relationship that I treasure more and more as I go back and see how it's developed over the past decade.
                        Last edited by Uber; 17 October 2006, 06:08 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Of all of Season 9 (which I primarily thought was a piece of refuse), one of the few moments that stuck out for me was when Teal'c saw Sam was alive in Ethon. That brief moment where he looked choked up to the point of almost tearing up. The touch to the arm. Her look of reassurance and gratitude for his being there too. So few words communicated so much.
                          Spoiler:
                          I love that scene...love it. And if you look, I think he's still holding on to her arm long after he could have let go. They just wanted reassurance the other was alright after that horrible experience. I love how close they've gotten and how Teal'c has gotten more comfortable with the Tau'ri and with showing his emotions. He's not so stoic anymore and we get those little moments like in Paradise Lost, Heroes, and Ethon.

Comment

Happy Birthday AgentDark!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                              Apparently not, though! Because the Jack/Sam-shippers (that I read here) are saying it's not resolved - they weren't able to take "what they want". And the non-shippers (e.g. me and AD) are saying that it is and did.

Which suggests that only the shippers are finding it "ambiguous".
                              some think they're together. some think, 'i won't believe it until i see it'. both sides want to SEE it.

*that's* the resolution i want; see 'em in a relationship.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

i looooooooove sam/teal'c, be it friendship or more

just love it, adore it, savor it

I think, at least until jonas came along, teal'c was the only one sam could truly relax with.

jack was her boss. thus she had to keep up that 'me a good subordinate' personna around him. and she was daniel's boss, so she had to keep up that 'yes, i am your boss and you will listen to me' personna around him

but there's no ordering a cantankerous jaffa. teal'c respects and i think has a bit of a crush on her. they play well off each other and i think that there's parts of teal'c that he'll only reveal to sam. she can get to him in a way none of the guys can, and i think she's the only one she'll reveal herself to.

can you see her crying on daniel's or jonas' shoulders?????
                                I think that Teal'c adores Sam, he would do anything for her - and vice versa. He respected her pretty much from their first meeting, despite the fact that woman warriors aren't exactly common in Jaffa society and Sam must have been a bit of an unknown quantity to him at first.

I'd love to have seen more interaction between Pete and Teal'c, to see if Teal'c thought that he was good enough for her.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X