No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no individual shots, but a couple more S10 promos have finally appeared. The bonus is that they're not overly airbrushed/filtered like the previous ones.

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      Thank you for the links.

That second one is cracking me up. They all look like they've just been told to go to bed with no supper!
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
        Still no individual shots, but a couple more S10 promos have finally appeared.
        Holy Moly! Thank for you for the update, parsifal. Those are sooo much better. I dare anyone to try to tell me the airbrushed ones were better.

Amanda. Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
          You'll have to forgive me if this appears rude, but it's been a really bad week and I'm going on my sixth day with little sleep so my patience level is really low...but here goes.

I know you are a die hard shipper Sal, but in my opinion, you and many others like yourself are barking up the wrong tree. Does anyone truly believe that Amanda has any control at all over what is written regarding Sam?
          i wrote out a long reply to your post, but deleted it.

suffice it to say... i love amanda with all my heart (((amanda))), but i can't get into her head why she's got such a problem with s/j ship. and it's only s/j, seeing as how much she liked sam/pete. i want to understand, but i feel i'm missing some piece of the puzzle.

maybe some day i'll find out.

my wishes for the two future movies:

a - sam is featured in an *important* role, not just supporting to daniel and vala.

b - the sam/jack issue is resolved with them being together.

c - rda/jack is in both movies, and featured well (not tagged on).

d - that the movies are given long and thought out time/detail.

e - if either movie leads into a spin off, that sam is involved. but ONLY if she's important to the show (not supporting).

f - that mitchell and vala are the supporting players, IF they're included. i know they'll have to be in the first movie (which will tie up the ori storyline), but...

g - the second time travel movie features ONLY the original sg1 characters. *starring* them.

h - the time travel ep is traveling into the *future*, where we see where our friends eventually end up. (s/j! )

i - if the movies are all that is of sg1 (no spin off), that the show ends gracefully and with depth.

the reason i deleted my original reply was that it was too ship tinted for this thread. and, i know it's not easy for ppl here to see anyone questioning amanda. i love her very much, but i love my mom and i sometimes don't understand or agree with her. loved ones; sold as is.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by agent dark
            Amen Kat.
            Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            Ditto - 'nuff said
            another reason why i don't like bringing stuff up like this hear. think about it.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
              THat is a difficult question... hmm I think my love of speed and my love of the stars. I would choose Space Race. I would love to be an intergalactical race where planets are your markers. Of course I would have to have Sam's knowledge to actually understand what I was supposed to do.

when i first tried to answer the question, all my fave sam eps came into mind. BUT, i don't want to be taken over by a symbiote, or be chased by a mindless killer, or tortured by a human replicator, or throw in a dungeon and almost murdered... it's not easy to answer this question.

it would be nice if everyone tried answering this question (so we'd have 'something' to talk about).

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                Amen Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    <snip>
                    as to the other charaters, i'm not disparaging the other actors' abilities, but the CHARACTERS.

can you see DAniel technobabbling? Is it believable that, even with all his phd's, he can also be a tech expert? Or vala, the person that can't even get a hang on earth slang, or cameron, who is typecast as the 'smart but cocky WMAH' spouting technical jargon? and teal'c????can you honestly see Teal'c delivering the plot necessary exposition???? heck, it's a red letter day when they give teal'c more than two lines per episode

basically, sam isn't good enough to have a storyline of her own (unless she's someone's girlfriend) but she is surely the go-to girl when they need some technobabble to further the plot and explain things.

None of the existing characters are able to do that, so sam gets used to cover it.
                    Ah yes, I can see it now, Vala doing the technobabble for Ripple Effect.

in spoilers in case it's too naughty

Spoiler:
                    Vala: You see everyone,it's like this, there is this round hole in space, and with everything that keeps squeezing through it, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Now what we need is a big rod to fit in the round hole, that will expand to fill the hole and oh what's that phrase I'm looking for...oh yea...In flagrante delicto, there problem is solved.

Daniel, Cam and Landry look at each other, eyes wide with shock and faces red. While Teal'c just raises an eyebrow.

Landry: Dr. Jackson, as our linguist, I leave it up to you to explain to Vala, why she will no longer be giving technical reports, or anyother reports at briefings.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      here's a thought that just popped into my head.

pick one episode where you'd like or love to trade places with sam. (this isn't an easy question, because would *you* want to live through this experience?)

i'll try to answer this...

i think i'd pick 'grace', though i might change my mind upon reading others views.

i thought it was neat that sam experienced this all alone, even though her friends 'helped' her in mind only. i also liked the aliens, and the possibilities of who they might be. i also loved that KISS , but it's sam's self discovery that i thought would have been an incredible experience to have. she was the total hero, but doing it disabled. that's my sam.

sally
                      Sorry forgot to answer

I'd like to trade places with Sam during Foothold (of course I'd need to be as fit as Sam, to be able to climb out of the mountain ) But I'd love to be able to tell Maybourne off and yes to be able to save the base , it was such a great episode!
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        *snickers* That was awesome.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

exxxcellent babblage
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

AT's pregnancy absence is another tick in the 'wasted opportunities' column for coop and the boys. They had the opportunity to make some lemonade from the 'lemon' of at's/sam's absence...but instead of taking advantage of it - and doing a little creative thinking/plotting - they instead took the easy way out and likely said 'eh, everyone will be so inlove with vala that they'll never even notice that she's gone' and didn't bother to take advantage of the golden opportunity they had.
                            what i would have picked to explain sam's absense...

a - she took time off to marry jack.

or

b - she was injured and 'had' to be taken off the duty roster.

sam returns (if 'b' was used) and has to still be on the disabled list. that all in itself would have been a really interesting story to go through with sam. *sighs* so many, MANY missed opportunities....

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              d - that the movies are given long and thought out time/detail.

e - if either movie leads into a spin off, that sam is involved. but ONLY if she's important to the show (not supporting).
                              I agree with these 2 points you've made, but I have a question about e.

Do you mean that she should be a main character? Or a recurring character? Or kinda what they do with Atlantis, and have her come in every now and again, kinda as a liason, for Rodney, on Earth? Because I like the way she pops up every now and again in Atlantis, because each time there's a reason for her to be there. But then if she were to become a regular I don't think that'd work so much...

But I do deffinately agree that the movies need to be thoroughly thought out, because if they're not they just won't work.
                              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

in spoilers in case it's too naughty

Spoiler:
                                Vala: You see everyone,it's like this, there is this round hole in space, and with everything that keeps squeezing through it, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Now what we need is a big rod to fit in the round hole, that will expand to fill the hole and oh what's that phrase I'm looking for...oh yea...In flagrante delicto, there problem is solved.

Daniel, Cam and Landry look at each other, eyes wide with shock and faces red. While Teal'c just raises an eyebrow.

Landry: Dr. Jackson, as our linguist, I leave it up to you to explain to Vala, why she will no longer be giving technical reports, or anyother reports at briefings.
                                Spoiler:

Sam: (pulling Vala to the side) My quarters tonight. We can conduct some expirements on this problem.

Vala: I love scientists

Comment

Working...
                                X