Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    For those that did not see this while the forum was being upgraded - Here is the link to a new interview withAmanda
    Spoiler:
    Amanda Tapping on having a kick-ass gun:

I'm shooting a weapon I had never fired before until this morning, called the G36, which is a lot more powerful than the P90. It's got kind of a kick that I wasn't expecting.
    FK YEAH! For anyone that doesn't know, the G36 is that assault rifle that Mitchell was using in Off The Grid (while everyone else got the MP7's...). Sam + Big Gun = Way Hot

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      Thanks tsax! I'd read that but hadn't a chance to quote and chat yet. Busy gal, our AT! As ever.

[spoilers]

Spoiler:
      AT: I don't know if Rick would come back for the TV movies.

(LOL! ROTFLOL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, what was that? )

In all seriousness, I really think it'd be surprising if Rick opted out of a couple of movies - especially direct to DVD with TV options. Movies are always a good thing. Not to mention that the production schedule for a movie(s) is far more concise and for far shorter a time commitment than a continuous television gig with weekly episodes would be. You know when it begins, you know when it ends. There's flexibility there. If he's invited, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear he'll accept. And lets face it ... what would a couple of finale movies for SG-1 be without JACK? C'mon. Tie it up nice and tight, or don't bother, I say. Going into some great big 4 hour Ori mini-series starring only the "new" cast with Sam, Teal'c and Daniel as backup just doesn't do justice to the last ten years, if you ask me. Not one bit. Lets get the WHOLE FAMILY together one last time and make it matter.

geeeek (132 signatures so far!)
      Spoiler:
      I dunno... From what I gather, these movies are gonna be relatively low budget... Not having the Big Name Stars like RDA and Beau Bridges around would probably save a bit on the cast budget.

Comment

A bunch of great posts you guys. Nice to find them waiting for me when I got a chance to check back. Between being busy and the upgrade it's been *days* disconnected from "the link." And we all know how dangerous that can be. Oh wait, Sam disproved that...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          A bunch of great posts you guys. Nice to find them waiting for me when I got a chance to check back. Between being busy and the upgrade it's been *days* disconnected from "the link." And we all know how dangerous that can be. Oh wait, Sam disproved that...
          Oh, wait a minute, maybe it's the hive mind we are connected to
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            Spoiler:
            I dunno... From what I gather, these movies are gonna be relatively low budget... Not having the Big Name Stars like RDA and Beau Bridges around would probably save a bit on the cast budget.
            Spoiler:
            They're not low budget, they're just not "big budget" (as a feature film would be). You can't produce a movie with SG-1 caliber effects, nevermind the actors, without a decent budget, and they're going to be getting substantially more to play with for each 2 hour movie than they would for two regular episodes. Casting RDA would not be a problem on a movie like this because he'd more likely make a deal with MGM for a cut of the profit made from distribution, if he were interested. It would make more sense than drawing up a standard actor's contract for him anyway - even at his rate. And he's already set up for it, from a business point of view.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              I'll help ya if I can. I had a blast making my page.

I'll be uploading McKay and Mrs. Miller and Pegasus Project soon, as well as the behind the scenes show for episode 200 and 200 itself.
              I'm there too....just haven't had time or energy to do anything with it. I'm a bad, bad SG1/Sam/Vala/Teal'c fan.

Link not working. Go figure. Just look for SunKrux and you should be able to find my link.

It's got NADA on it right now. I need to find the time to add some awesome Sam/Vala pics to it. And a few Teal'c ones too!
              Last edited by SunKrux; 12 October 2006, 06:05 PM.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Well at least you can get on your site, I haven't been able to log on since I got kicked off the first day (thinks 7 days now ) So for those who've left messages, I can't get back to you, sorry
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  so, what did we all get up to during the great Upgrade Outage???

I posted all the Mirror, Mirror fic if anyone is interested (link in my sig)

anyone else get any fic done that they can share?
                  i read some fics, and i checked out some other forums. i checked out sony... i actually read an entire thread... never again.

i don't like admitting this, but this outage was the least troublesome for me. what i mean was that i didn't really... miss anything. i think i'm so bored with not only the show, but trying to find something to talk about (when there used to be GOBS of things)....

i'm excited about the movies. and dangnabbit, i want that sam/jack love story resolved with sam being happy, in love, and actually nabbing the hottest hunk since... macgyver!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Well, I see them doing movies like 2 hours eps(Moebius for example). I don't see the costs being super high or super low...just like making a few eps of SG-1. Of course I have no idea how the contracting would work... At any rate, I'm glad we are apparently getting something...and RDA really should be included!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      Oh, and public thanks to Uber for uploading ATs entire Urban Rush interview. Very cool. Greened ya!
                      yeah, thanks, oober.

does anyone have the cult times #41 interview? amanda and michael are on the front.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        Oh, and public thanks to Uber for uploading ATs entire Urban Rush interview. Very cool. Greened ya!
                        oh, wait, i misread that the first time. i didn't know amanda did an urban rush interview. where can i see/read/hear this?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

These ones:

wow. how did you 3-D it? it's cool!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            oh, wait, i misread that the first time. i didn't know amanda did an urban rush interview. where can i see/read/hear this?

sally
                            It's on Oooober's site, the Oooober channel , there's a list on the right side to choose different videos.

http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...ntItemID=33075
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                              I was glad to read that too, among other things (read: everything else she said about Carter). In fairness to AT, however, she intimated a long time ago that she was having troubles with Carter's role, and, as far as I know, she's never really changed her tune. The difference with this interview, perhaps, was that she was even more straightforward -- nigh on blunt -- about it.

P.S. Interesting "view post" feature. Is that supposed to cut down on the excessive amount of quoting?
                              I agree with Golfbooy and Dem's assessments - I was particularly pleased to see AT straight out say that the trouble she had finding her footing and feeling like she did NOT fit in was NOT because of the baby etc., the way a lot of people had assumed - when I read that I read it as her wanting to clear that part of it up - it was not because of the baby so don'tbe misled. What really sticks in my craw is how she says she had to "fit in" - cripe she's been there 8 years with ms and cj and SHE had to "fit in" after only missing 4 episodes - what a crock o' crap and a very shabby way to treat her I might also say. It would seem to me that all of them should have been working with her so she wouldn't feel that way. Again I blame the show runner for the lack of cohesiveness especially with the original 3 and I blame the lousy writers and directors and producers and most especially cooper.

I am also happy that she is "outing" the b@stards for having pushed Carter to the back - this was a major problem and oh so many people tried to deny it and it was laughhable to listen to them try to justify it - well here it is straight from the horse's mouth - Carter, as well as others, were sidelined in favor of nonsense and caricatures and lesser, weaker, undeserving characters.

I hope someone is willing to ask her about this (the not fitting in stuff and the lack of stroylines in 9 and 10) at AT2 or Avalon - I know it may not be nice or sweet but in my view anything she talks about in public is fair game and I would love to hear what she has to say about it in that type of setting.

My main question if I had the luxury of asking would be - in a S10 interview early on you said that you felt like you and Carter had found your place - you knew better in S10 what the characters place/role was (paraphrasing here) and I don't see it at all so can you help me out - what was it? I saw the sidelining, the diminishment of the character -- what did you see that led you to make that statement because honest to goodness I don't see it and I need some help? Will it be more obvious in the second half of the season?

If someone going is willing to ask this it would be great or just print this out and give it to her and let her read it and get her answer that's another approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Well at least you can get on your site, I haven't been able to log on since I got kicked off the first day (thinks 7 days now ) So for those who've left messages, I can't get back to you, sorry
                                Don't feel too bad Mandy. With my dial up and ancient computer, I've only seen the homepage once. There won't be a Gate Gal page any time soon.

To stay on topic, if I do a page Amanda will be front and center!

Comment

Working...
                                X