Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, we're back on line!
    I see I've been beaten to the punch with the new Amanda article. I can't believe no one has mentioned the very best part.
    Spoiler:
    Amanda is filming something this month!!!!!
    That is excellent news! It was also nice to read Amanda's view on the cancellation. I've said before that I'd fight for a season 11 until I heard from Amanda. Well, I'm satisfied that she is o.k. with the cancellation, so I'm done. Almost have to be since the main page on GW says that MGM is making two straight to DVD SG1 movies due out next July! More great news!

What did I do during the break? I actually got a full eight hours sleep two nights in a row!
    Last edited by Gate gal; 12 October 2006, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      so, what did we all get up to during the great Upgrade Outage???

I posted all the Mirror, Mirror fic if anyone is interested (link in my sig)

anyone else get any fic done that they can share?
      Well, I started reading the Mirror, Mirror fic, so I'm definitely interested. Actually went back and started from the beginning to refresh my memory.
      sigpic

Comment

Sam really hasn't had a strong storyline...well for quite a while
        And the storyline she could have had - leading the team while adjusting to a base commander she doesn't know nearly as well as she did Hammond and Jack - was given away.

part of me knows what they're doing. they're making no character valuable. every character is expendable and replacable - yet in getting rid of these storylines they're getting rid of some of the richness of the show. the extra bits and pieces that gave the main storyline (defeating the goa'uld/ori) some depth and vitality
        I understand that they don't want to put themselves in a position where the show is toast if one actor decides against signing up for another season but surely a better solution would be to give all characters a personal storyline, so that even if they lost Mitchell, for example, and by extension his storyline, they would be able to compensate by showing more of Sam, Teal'c, Daniel and Vala's storylines.

I find the ori storyline very weak. however if the individual characters each had something else to do and a storyline of their own, it would help to shore up and support the main storyline.

in getting rid of those pesky character bits, they aer instead weakening the show. and have, unfortunately, weakened it beyond redemption
        I tend to be more interested in characters than storyline. If I find the characters interesting and likeable, I can forgive a weak storyline but on the flipside, if I dislike the characters even a strong storyline won't always redeem the show.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Oh, and public thanks to Uber for uploading ATs entire Urban Rush interview. Very cool. Greened ya!
          I got it from YouTube and converted it to a WMV file. I was quite happy to find that little gem.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
            ACK!
            No acks! Me much chuffed!

These ones:

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              Sam: Teal'c, watch where you're putting your hand.
              Teal'c: I have no need to watch, I know exactly where it is.

(Sorry, I just couldn't help myself )
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

(Sorry, I just couldn't help myself )
                LOL! Well, if you're on a roll, Mandy, do these please! :

scarimor

Comment

Before mandy is going to say something most of us don't want to know lol
                  I think your icons are awsome scari!!! I really love them!!! Keep them coming

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    Before mandy is going to say something most of us don't want to know lol
                    I think your icons are awsome scari!!! I really love them!!! Keep them coming
                    Hey! It's not that often I get a request

LOL! Well, if you're on a roll, Mandy, do these please! :

Sam: Okay Teal'c, stay close behind me, and remember the word is stealth.

Teal'c: But Col. Carter, are you sure this is necessary?
                    Sam: Only if you really want to get your hands on those little items.

Sam: Hey! I thought it was Gen. O'Neill's donuts you wanted to grab!
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      I tend to be more interested in characters than storyline. If I find the characters interesting and likeable, I can forgive a weak storyline but on the flipside, if I dislike the characters even a strong storyline won't always redeem the show.
                      And that is how we survived season 9! I shutter to think about what would have happened if season 9 had happened early in the series before the characters had been fully developed. We put up with a lot because of our love for Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c.

Of course, it is the time they spent developing these characters early on that made SG1 a success among both men and women. I tend to care more about character development, but my husband is more interested in a fast paced storyline. Until season 9, SG1 balanced both very well. I think season 10 has gotten back to those roots (to a large degree), so I can't wait for the movies. I just hope Amanda has a very large part in them.

Comment

No acks! Me much chuffed!

These ones:

Sam: Just a little lower and to the right. *blissful shudder* Oooh yeah. That's it.

[hopes being chuffed is a good thing]

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Sam: Just a little lower and to the right. *blissful shudder* Oooh yeah. That's it.

*hopes being chuffed is a good thing*
                          Well you sure made it sound good
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey ya'll!

I've finally joined that Stargate Community. Please pardon the construction mess on my page, as I'm still trying to work out the kinks.

http://stargatesg1.com/ChevronSeven
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                              Hey ya'll!

I've finally joined that Stargate Community. Please pardon the construction mess on my page, as I'm still trying to work out the kinks.

http://stargatesg1.com/ChevronSeven
                              I'll help ya if I can. I had a blast making my page.

I'll be uploading McKay and Mrs. Miller and Pegasus Project soon, as well as the behind the scenes show for episode 200 and 200 itself.

Comment

I just wanted to say this before I left......while in Vancouver, Amanda was the most genuine, sweetest person, I've ever met. She is everything beautiful, and more......and I wanted you all to know that. I was very disillusioned by many of the other "stars", but Amanda, she was the real thing. Her daughter is gorgeous and smart and I hope, with all my heart, that life continues to treat her and her family well. She is an amazing woman, unlike some, I will not mention.

Take care everyone and keep the fire burning for our Queen, because he truly is one.

Bye.
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X