Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor
    henceforth wherefore how now la la la la lalalala.
    Are you gearing up for a Sam Carter, Highwaywoman story?

There Was No Stove! You're making me mutter.

ETA: from WordNet --
    The verb put on has 9 meanings:

Meaning #1: put clothing on one's body
    Synonyms: wear, get into, don, assume
    Meaning #3: put on the stove or ready for cooking

Pilot Bunny, Pilot Bunny, Pilot Bunny.
    Last edited by DEM; 03 October 2006, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Interesting that Amanda has long hair in the new pics of her and RDA. Didn't Lida say that they just wrapped up (or are in the process of wrapping up) the season finale this week?

So, maybe they are doing a jump forward in time for Unending, to when Sam has long hair. Perhaps?
      Spoiler:
      And didn't Sam have long hair in the wedding scene in episode 200? Maybe the shippers will get their wish after all.
      As interesting as that sounds, I have a feeling it was just another hair extension she wore for the evening. Seeing as it was a fashion event and she was wearing an elegant designer gown, the person doing her hair probably thought she'd have a much more classic beauty look with longer hair.

Also many of us saw Amanda in July at Shore Leave and we've seen pictures of her since and her hair was still quite short so unless she's using some amazing new hair product, it's highly unlikely it was her real hair, but I really liked your idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        As interesting as that sounds, I have a feeling it was just another hair extension she wore for the evening. Seeing as it was a fashion event and she was wearing an elegant designer gown, the person doing her hair probably thought she'd have a much more classic beauty look with longer hair.

Also many of us saw Amanda in July at Shore Leave and we've seen pictures of her since and her hair was still quite short so unless she's using some amazing new hair product, it's highly unlikely it was her real hair, but I really liked your idea.
        Kat, Kat, Kat ... stop clouding the issue with facts, will ya? Sheesh.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          well,
          Spoiler:
          sam's always been itching to get her hand on jacks' sidearm (and did grab it in 'it's good to be the king')
          She also rubbed against it in Solitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

I'm not exactly positive about this, but the problem lies with the fact that grammarians are still arguing whether a sentence should ever be ended with a preposition.

Therefore, She put on the kettle, is correct.

As is, She put the kettle on the stove.

However, where one grammarian would argue that putting a kettle on is grammatically incorrect, another would argue that it's not a preposition at all, but rather an adverbial particle.

So in determining who was actually correct it would depend on how you perceive the rules of written English.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 October 2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

So in determining who was actually correct would depend on how you perceive the rules of written English.

There is no spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Kat, Kat, Kat ... stop clouding the issue with facts, will ya? Sheesh.

mg
                Doh! I suppose I should go back to lurking!

Edit: Laugh, you totally lost me with your comment above regarding no spoons.

Comment

Doh! I suppose I should go back to lurking!

Edit: Laugh, you totally lost me with your comment above regarding no spoons.
                  To quote Jack, courtesy of Gatenoise:

"Carter, all I heard was ‘matrix’ and I found those films quite confusing."

Comment

That's OK. I don't understand me, either. So that makes four of us. Five? I've lost count. The voices.....

Comment

She also rubbed against it in Solitudes.
                      hate to break it to you, but jack's right handed...and sam was lying on his left side

nuff said
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

However, where one grammarian would argue that putting a kettle on is grammatically incorrect, another would argue that it's not a preposition at all, but rather an adverbial particle.

So in determining who was actually correct it would depend on how you perceive the rules of written English.
                        Kat, first of all, you've been lurking?! On purpose?!?!?! Please stop it.

I wasn't talking about correctness, per se. How do I explain.... I was trying to use a generalised, single-language dictionary format. That is, when one goes to Webster's or Yu forbid The OED, the entry is for 'put on', not 'put s.t. on'.

Also, honestly, I was surprised to learn that UKers would break up that verb phrase. The inclusion (read: non-deletion) of the 'put clothing on' entry from WordNet was my sneaky way of extending the olive branch, so to speak, to scaredmorethanI. Thanks for making me say it aloud.

In any case, the point is moot: Daniel and Sam both drink coffee. Black.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          hate to break it to you, but jack's right handed...and sam was lying on his left side

nuff said
                          Maybe he was double packing...

That didn't come out right.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            Oooh... *shudders special-like*

No stove? Sans stove? Stoveless? How sad. Then there is nothing on which said kettle to put. 'Twill never boil, that.

Ah... *takes olive branch... eats olive*

ba-boing boing boing!

I'm not exactly positive about this, but the problem lies with the fact that grammarians are still arguing whether a sentence should ever be ended with a preposition.
                            As in "A presposition is something you should never end a sentence with?"

Therefore, She put on the kettle, is correct.
                            But in my neck'o'the woods, that sounds like she started wearing it. Like on her head or some'at.

As is, She put the kettle on the stove.
                            See - that's proper that is.

Yay for the adverbial particles. They'll go through anything, no matter how dense!

Easy. My rules are correct.
                            scarimor

Comment

No stove? Sans stove? Stoveless? How sad. Then there is nothing on which said kettle to put.
                              Ah... *takes olive branch... eats olive*
                              Takes BACK olive branch; smacks scari upside head with olive branch; olive oil everywhere.

In other news, did y'all see the results of the SaveStargate Character & Plot survey?

Thanks to people like suse (), Samantha Carter came in 4th, behind "SG-1 team" and ahead of Vala Mal Doran.

Someone commented about the poor phrasing of the items; unfortunately, the response from one of the organiser types didn't provide much illumination, IMO.

Comment

And Another Thing!

Originally posted by DEM
                                ba-boing boing boing!
                                DEM: blah blah Corrupt!Carter blah
                                +
                                scari: Drool
                                +
                                DEM: Pilot Bunny
                                =
                                DEM to scari: Write story, scari! Write story!

How hard was that? I mean really.

Comment

Working...
                                X