X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick reminder to those going to AT2

Originally posted by minigeek

Hi guys,

Sorry for chiming in so late - I've been AFK. The reason this probably should be done ahead of time is that Julia told me she needs the names so that she can arrange to have both people in the same part of the autograph line during the session (ahead of time). So I wanted to make it as easy on her as possible.

To be fair, the raffle is (I think) the best way to go. Lets do it the way we figured on this afternoon.

If you are going to AT2 and you are interested in joining me (and possibly holding me up! lol)

If you are interested in being the second presenter with me, send me a PM - I'll assign you a number (some random number I'll keep track of) and only you and I will know about it. Then I'll send MANDY a number and she'll keep them all in a little hat. At the end of (what, a week?), she'll draw a number out of the hat and post it here (and PM me). Say we post the winning number on... MONDAY OCTOBER 8. And then I can let Julia know so she can plan ahead for line order(s) etc...

I already have a couple of people PMed in... so lets start this way, I've been sending numbers (without names) to Mandy. That way she'll be able to put them into a hat and when she pulls one out, she'll post here on the monday and the person with that number (as well as me) will both acknowledge that it was theirs.

Simple and fair, I think. No?

geeek

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

so still no pictures, no word on amanda (and rick) hosting this? i'm really obsessed curious to see what amanda looked like last night!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        so still no pictures, no word on amanda (and rick) hosting this? i'm really obsessed curious to see what amanda looked like last night!

sally
        I was sooooo irked by that! They said free webcast, then I found out you had to download iTunes to get it I didn't want to bog down my computer with that! So now I too am waiting for word
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          I was sooooo irked by that! They said free webcast, then I found out you had to download iTunes to get it I didn't want to bog down my computer with that! So now I too am waiting for word

Well I did download iTunes . The only webcast that was listed was last years one. I also intend to remove the program .

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
            Well I the idiot did download iTunes . The only webcast that was listed was last years one. I also intend to remove the program .
            I saw all those spec's needed to download and didn't think I had enough space or needed stuff to do it, so I thought I'd better not try

and sure sounds like false advertising to me
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I saw all those spec's needed to download and didn't think I had enough space or needed stuff to do it, so I thought I'd better not try

and sure sounds like false advertising to me

The one thing i made sure of when I did, was to go to my defrag. file. I saw that I have 85% free space and did. But on topic. (ramble, ramble, ramble me )

I wonder if they chnged their minds at the last minute? I stll would have loved to see AT (& RDA) in this. Maybe a DVD of the event soon.

Comment

what annoys me? all this web crap. the developes presume that everyone in the world has a fast puter, dsl or cable modem and loves to sit in front of their puter watching stuff

not me. I love my lappy, but i won't pay for dsl and i would rather spend a couple of hours transcoding something to get it on a vcd or dvd and watch it on my tv than bog down my lappy watching it
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

with post 13200...hey i'm reccing sam fic this month again

anyone have any good stories that i may have missed to rec?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    what annoys me? all this web crap. the developes presume that everyone in the world has a fast puter, dsl or cable modem and loves to sit in front of their puter watching stuff

not me. I love my lappy, but i won't pay for dsl and i would rather spend a couple of hours transcoding something to get it on a vcd or dvd and watch it on my tv than bog down my lappy watching it
                    Living in the past Sky Digital, online distribution is the way of the future. I'd expect much, much more content to become available online in the coming years. Fast, dsl connections will become almost a necessity (though they are already imo ).

At any rate, I would much prefer to watch content on my PC. Why bother to spend big money on a HDTV capable screen when my PC monitor can display the same quality? All that is needed is more content to be released in HD and a faster connection to suck down the larger file sizes.

Comment

What, something like this

Spoiler:

sorry don't have the right one, but it's close enough
                      Thanks Mandy...
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

why be forced to shell out a ton of money to get a fast puter to accomodate the need to distribute stuff 'cheaper'

the real catch to digital stuff? one reason they love it?? Corporate folks can monitor and track every little thing that you do. have digital cable? how do you think neilson knows if you watch it live or later??? they're basically spying on thier viewers and collecting data on what you watch. They'll do the same thing wiht electronic distribution. encode it with spyware/data programs to know exactly who and when watches what and what you do with it, if youburn it to cd, or anything

the 'way of the future' is rife with privacy issues.... or lack there of to be more accurate

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Living in the past Sky Digital, online distribution is the way of the future. I'd expect much, much more content to become available online in the coming years. Fast, dsl connections will become almost a necessity (though they are already imo ).

At any rate, I would much prefer to watch content on my PC. Why bother to spend big money on a HDTV capable screen when my PC monitor can display the same quality? All that is needed is more content to be released in HD and a faster connection to suck down the larger file sizes.
                          Are you kidding me?? I would rather watch the eps on a big screen tv than on a computer screen...that's not living in the past...wait til you get a bit older AD...you're not gonna want to watch on your pc screen coz the picture will be too hard to see...not that I'm old or anything...but it's so much easier on the eyes to watch it on the telly.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i HATE watching stuff on a puter screen

HATE, HATE, HATE it

puters are not for entertainment, they're for information and the like

I've used the dvd player in my lappy ONCE to watch a movie. and we were in the 'shack' in the mountain and really had nothing else, including no tv

when i watch a show/movie, i'm gonna use the tv set or not at all

course, i AM old fashioned. I use a pen and paper to do a lot of my writing, can actually do math on paper and - as much as i like my tech toys - have no issue getting along with out them

sigpic

Comment

why be forced to shell out a ton of money to get a fast puter to accomodate the need to distribute stuff 'cheaper'

the real catch to digital stuff? one reason they love it?? Corporate folks can monitor and track every little thing that you do. have digital cable? how do you think neilson knows if you watch it live or later??? they're basically spying on thier viewers and collecting data on what you watch. They'll do the same thing wiht electronic distribution. encode it with spyware/data programs to know exactly who and when watches what and what you do with it, if youburn it to cd, or anything

the 'way of the future' is rife with privacy issues.... or lack there of to be more accurate
                              I so totally agree with you Sky...and it's a bit frightening when you really think about it!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

That's a bit of an exaggeration. You can be sure that if they were doing that, they'd be found out (remember Sony's recent DRM scandal?) and public opinion turned against them. Never underestimate the power of 'Internet Geeks'

Comment

Working...
                                X