Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

Sorry for chiming in so late - I've been AFK. The reason this probably should be done ahead of time is that Julia told me she needs the names so that she can arrange to have both people in the same part of the autograph line during the session (ahead of time). So I wanted to make it as easy on her as possible.

To be fair, the raffle is (I think) the best way to go. Lets do it the way we figured on this afternoon.

If you are going to AT2 and you are interested in joining me (and possibly holding me up! lol)

If you are interested in being the second presenter with me, send me a PM - I'll assign you a number (some random number I'll keep track of) and only you and I will know about it. Then I'll send MANDY a number and she'll keep them all in a little hat. At the end of (what, a week?), she'll draw a number out of the hat and post it here (and PM me). Say we post the winning number on... MONDAY OCTOBER 8. And then I can let Julia know so she can plan ahead for line order(s) etc...
    I already have a couple of people PMed in... so lets start this way, I've been sending numbers (without names) to Mandy. That way she'll be able to put them into a hat and when she pulls one out, she'll post here on the monday and the person with that number (as well as me) will both acknowledge that it was theirs.

Simple and fair, I think. No?

geeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

for the minutia minded

The compendiums for SG1 and Atlantis created have been updated to reflect seasons 10 and 3 to date.

SG1- http://www.jackfic.com/resources/compendium.pdf

Atlantis-
      http://www.jackfic.com/stargateatlan...ndiums.3.5.pdf

Have fun

The best way to get them is probably to right click and 'save as' to your harddrive. Adobe reader is available from www.adobe.com for free
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Final episode titles are revealed: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...isode_ti.shtml

Spoiler:
        Sounds kinda interesting, how season 10 will be ending on the 19th episode (Dominion), with the series final being the 20th (Unending). Actually, the 19th episode sounds ominous in itself - Ori having Dominion over Earth/Milky Way maybe??
        Then the 20th ep of the season will be something to wrap up the entire 10 seasons? Kinda like how Moebius didn't exactly follow on from Reckoning/Threads?
        Spoiler:
        Eh, I took that to be just a mistake in a quickly written news item, not that Dominion would end season ten and Unending would be used to conclude the series. I think Darren just misworded his write up and meant to imply that the season would conclude with both Dominion and Unending.

That said, I like your interpretation much better. I hope that Unending does have nothing to do with the Ori and has everything to do with SG-1 and the characters. But that's unlikely at best methinks.

PS
        I do love the title of the last episode.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Hmm. I think a poll might turn into a popularity contest and be unfair to some.

Mandy's random number idea sounds FABULOUS. So how about this...

If you are interested in being the second presenter with me at AT2, send me a PM - I'll assign you a number (some random number I'll keep track of) and only you and I will know about it. Then I'll send MANDY (happy being voluntold, Mandy! lol ) a number and she'll keep them all in a little hat. At the end of (what, a week?), she'll draw a number out of the hat and post it here (and PM me). Say we post the winning number on... MONDAY OCTOBER 8. And I'll let Julia know...

Would that be cool?

It goes without saying that you have to be GOING to AT2 in order to be interested...

mg

Hey, that's my birthday! Wouldn't winning the chance to be the second presenter be a GREAT birthday present?

You know, except for the part where I don't get to go to GABIT?

Ah well.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
              you know the first thing that came to mind in seeing your picture? i saw sam first, then looking down i saw your caption 'problem solver'. then i looked up again and saw all those pill bottles... i thought 'that' was the problem solver you were getting at; pills solve everything.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

LOL Sally! Not so much. I think the laptop is more her "speed" hehehe.
                sigpic

Comment

Creating posters for the Samandans now also, Nolamom? How are you going handle making all of these posters everyday?

Just kidding. I know you can do it.

I absolutely love your captions. Especially this one. It really sums up Sam's character....
                  my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/ProblemSolver.jpg
                    Oh yeah!!! That's Sam alright

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      At zat point.
                      And tickle you... hee hee hee
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        so what are you thinking
                        Spoiler:
                        the heroes lose, then we time travel back and reset it and undo it????
                        On 'Dominium' and 'Unending'...

Spoiler:

Hmmm. I've wondered if this was what they would do; have the Ori succeed in winning but have SG1 travel back in time to 'undo' everything and reset the timeline just after S8/beginning of S9 so they never meet the Ori. Thus giving them the opportunity to redo the Ori storyline in the movies (hopefully learning from their mistakes and option of not using S9/S10 characters if they didn't want to).

They kind of did set the precedent with Moebius but I don't think they will do it because wouldn't that mean resetting Atlantis too?? And it all would feel a little bit like finding Bobby in the shower...(congrats if you get that analogy).
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson
                          ooh just sneaking in here and made this for fun don't expect much, but for the AT fans !

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ndabanner1.jpg
                          Thanks Doc...very cool...well done!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            find out all the samandans that are going. find out the ones that want to participate. send me the names and i'll write them down. then i'll put the names in a hat and pull one out. i can be fair because i really don't like anyone on this thread.

no really, i can just pick out a name without bias.

sally
                            Good one...thanks sally...luv you too!!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Night Samandans...take care and be safe everyone!

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                                On 'Dominium' and 'Unending'...

Spoiler:

Hmmm. I've wondered if this was what they would do; have the Ori succeed in winning but have SG1 travel back in time to 'undo' everything and reset the timeline just after S8/beginning of S9 so they never meet the Ori. Thus giving them the opportunity to redo the Ori storyline in the movies (hopefully learning from their mistakes and option of not using S9/S10 characters if they didn't want to).

They kind of did set the precedent with Moebius but I don't think they will do it because wouldn't that mean resetting Atlantis too?? And it all would feel a little bit like finding Bobby in the shower...(congrats if you get that analogy).
                                I personally like the idea "bobby feeling" or no but I didnt consider the Atlantis thing. It would be interesting to see how they handle it. Atlantis hasnt been that far interlaced so I think it can be done. But they probably wont as it would require too much effort.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X