Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Ah! All is clearer, now. So, can I trust one of you gals to delete my redundant post?

Or will those posts never actually get posted? Sorry. I'm LJ illiterate.
    those posts should never see the light of day.

that way when folks write, tehy have no idea who they're writing for

we will gather them, do our best to match folks up and then send out assignments

I liked how the gensam ficathon posted fic anonymously so i think we'll try that for this one, let the finished fic stand on their own for a week or two before posting names to them
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
      ok again caption time...can anyone think of a good caption for this one...
      http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...nt/DVD_457.jpg

Sam: Finally I get to fly in the front seat Sweeeet!
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        I'm very tired right now, but I felt I had to write this. I was on location with AT last week. We were shooting in Central Park, in Burnaby, and Amanda was in her off world black uniform, looking absoluting gorgeous. Now this is what I found to be important...of the 6 main characters also there on location, AT was the most gracious, warm and welcoming. She came right up to my husband, remembered his name and gave him a hug. When she saw me, I got the same hug. She joked with us and thanked us for our contribution. In short, if Sam is a great character, it is because Amanda is a great lady. If I admired her prior to this meeting, my new admiration knows no bounds.

During the shoot, someone got the idea to dress me up as a medic, and I finally got to wear the off world uniform. I was in seventh heaven, and of course AT commented on my "new" look, poitive, of course. I doubt my on screen moment was captured, but it was such a hoot, as it was my first costume, make-up and hairstyling of the day. I was sitting in AT's chair, in the make up trailer and Jan Newman, the original make up artist did my make up. Plastered all over the mirror were pictures of Olivia. She truly looks like an angel. She has the most beautiful blonde hair and Amanda's blue eyes, and from someone I met while there, a friend of AT's and RDA's, she is an 18 month old toddler, who already knows her ABC's and is learning to count.

The shoot ran hours over-time, and yet right before she left, I gave Amanda a sterling silver Guardian Angel necklace for Olivia, and she was truly moved. She hugged and thanked me, and when I told her I would be seeing her again in London, she laughed and said she would look forward to it. I understand that celebrities are used to dealing with "fans", but I never once felt that AT was anything but genuine.

Just my take, on a wonderful lady.
        THanks for sharing your time with AT and on the set. I look forward to hearing the rest when you get time and after SLEEP! Everyone that has met AT has commented on how nice and genuine she is. One reason I am such a fan of AT's. I'm sure you had a wonderful time and would love to see any pictures that came out! Thanks again!!!!!!

Comment

I was just rewatching Changeling & I have to say again--I love firefighter Sam. She's kind of like Sam, but not Sam. It kind of makes me look forward to seeing non-SG roles for AT.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            I was just rewatching Changeling & I have to say again--I love firefighter Sam. She's kind of like Sam, but not Sam. It kind of makes me look forward to seeing non-SG roles for AT.
            Oh which reminds me of the event she and RDA will be hosting on Saturday does anyone have that link that was up earlier?
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Oh which reminds me of the event she and RDA will be hosting on Saturday does anyone have that link that was up earlier?
              Here we go: http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...=120&Itemid=44

Looking forward to this event, too. Does anyone know if, where and when there is something on TV? Will be pretty hard to get to see something here in Germany, but maybe something will be on YouTube.

Edit: just saw that I'm a "Mature Symbiote" now....probably since my 25th post...now I got 30

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

This post in General discussion, mentions that Amanda was on Vancouver radio this morning. Did anyone here manage to catch it?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  This post in General discussion, mentions that Amanda was on Vancouver radio this morning. Did anyone here manage to catch it?
                  Too bad, I don't get Vancouver radio stations where I am
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

A second presenter...

Guys... it occurs to me that, when the THANK YOU poster is presented to Amanda at AT2, there's going to be two of us doing the presenting.

I'm still very humbled that I'm on the brigade, but how shall we choose the second person to stand up with me? I certainly couldn't possibly choose!!!

Shall there be some sort of "electronic raffle"? Where interested people can submit their names and they can be put into a "virtual hat" and then one plucked out? Does anyone know how to do one of these?

Or any other ideas? I need to get a name to Julia as soon as we figure this out....

Help?

geeeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

A second presenter...

Guys... it occurs to me that, when the THANK YOU poster is presented to Amanda at AT2, there's going to be two of us doing the presenting.

I'm still very humbled that I'm on the brigade, but how shall we choose the second person to stand up with me? I certainly couldn't possibly choose!!!

Shall there be some sort of "electronic raffle"? Where interested people can submit their names and they can be put into a "virtual hat" and then one plucked out? Does anyone know how to do one of these?

Or any other ideas? I need to get a name to Julia as soon as we figure this out....

Help?

geeeek
                      How about those who are interested put their name in the hat and you assign them a secret number that only you and they know. Then you get someone from Samanda who is not going to AT2 to pick a number (they can put the numbers on a peice of paper and pick it out of their hat. Then post the winning # here as well as PM you (in case you miss the post )
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        just took a look on the station's website, but there isn't just a word on Amanda.

A second presenter...

Help?

geeeek
                        Maybe collect names of intersested people give everyone a secret number and then make a voting on the numbers to decide it. Only an idea....

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Too bad, I don't get Vancouver radio stations where I am
                          I don't either. Of course that might be because of where I live in the US

Here is the radio station's web page http://www.z95.com/shows/natanddrew but nothing yet on their interview with Amanda. Maybe later on they will post something. THanks dipsofjaz for letting us know about the interview!!

Comment

A second presenter...

Help?

geeeek
                            What about a poll? I'm sure Sky or another mod could rig one up.

Oh and by "rig" I mean "set" up...not "rig" as in, well, rig.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Okaaaaaaay.... what's with the name?!? At last you didn't leave your Umlaut behind!

Edit: no worries.... Mozilla is acting weird and you're ÜberSG-1Fan. The U with umlaut doesn't work here!
                              Last edited by Lizlove; 30 September 2006, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Hmm. I think a poll might turn into a popularity contest and be unfair to some.

Mandy's random number idea sounds FABULOUS. So how about this...

If you are interested in being the second presenter with me at AT2, send me a PM - I'll assign you a number (some random number I'll keep track of) and only you and I will know about it. Then I'll send MANDY (happy being voluntold, Mandy! lol ) a number and she'll keep them all in a little hat. At the end of (what, a week?), she'll draw a number out of the hat and post it here (and PM me). Say we post the winning number on... MONDAY OCTOBER 8. And I'll let Julia know...

Would that be cool?

It goes without saying that you have to be GOING to AT2 in order to be interested...

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X