Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    I'm very tired right now, but I felt I had to write this. I was on location with AT last week. We were shooting in Central Park, in Burnaby, and Amanda was in her off world black uniform, looking absoluting gorgeous. Now this is what I found to be important...of the 6 main characters also there on location, AT was the most gracious, warm and welcoming. She came right up to my husband, remembered his name and gave him a hug. When she saw me, I got the same hug. She joked with us and thanked us for our contribution. In short, if Sam is a great character, it is because Amanda is a great lady. If I admired her prior to this meeting, my new admiration knows no bounds.

During the shoot, someone got the idea to dress me up as a medic, and I finally got to wear the off world uniform. I was in seventh heaven, and of course AT commented on my "new" look, poitive, of course. I doubt my on screen moment was captured, but it was such a hoot, as it was my first costume, make-up and hairstyling of the day. I was sitting in AT's chair, in the make up trailer and Jan Newman, the original make up artist did my make up. Plastered all over the mirror were pictures of Olivia. She truly looks like an angel. She has the most beautiful blonde hair and Amanda's blue eyes, and from someone I met while there, a friend of AT's and RDA's, she is an 18 month old toddler, who already knows her ABC's and is learning to count.

The shoot ran hours over-time, and yet right before she left, I gave Amanda a sterling silver Guardian Angel necklace for Olivia, and she was truly moved. She hugged and thanked me, and when I told her I would be seeing her again in London, she laughed and said she would look forward to it. I understand that celebrities are used to dealing with "fans", but I never once felt that AT was anything but genuine.

Just my take, on a wonderful lady.
    Thankyou so much for sharing your amazing experience with us Lida. You are so lucky, and you deserve it so much. I'm sure you will have many great memories to cherish from this .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Amanda: Why won't anyone belive me when I say I want to fly with the Blue Angels? I look damn hot in this outfit too!
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
        Amanda: Why won't anyone belive me when I say I want to fly with the Blue Angels? I look damn hot in this outfit too!
        Damn right she does
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
          ok again caption time...can anyone think of a good caption for this one...
          *spots F-302 patch on Sam*

Question - which ep is this? (Have been using my long morning commutes to write a bit of Sam/Cam fic this week and the F-302 program is involved, but I don't remember how deep Sam's involvment went.)

Caption:
          Sam: "That wasn't much of a challenge, Mitchell. Anyone else want to race? Just to Jupiter and back? Oh, come on.... somebody?!"
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

i'm gonna guess a promo pic for covenant
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

No, its from the ep itself. It's just after the little joyride Sam and Colson do in the 302, and they've come back into the hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                ok again caption time...can anyone think of a good caption for this one...
                Sam: "Very funny guys. Blue jello in the cockpit. You are *so* gonna get it."

Comment

Sam: Great, just great! They've paired off and I'm going solo again I better get ready to rescue them again. Sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Sam: "Very funny guys. Blue jello in the cockpit. You are *so* gonna get it."
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                      "You know, if I put an extra crystal panel on it, not only will it travel in hyperspace but it will do my laundry in half the time!"
                      I like that one too! Captioners are on a roll
                      scarimor

Comment

Ok, I haven't been online very much recently, and in fact, I didn't sleep at all last night (hmmm, wasn't that a song title?). Anyway, I have now seen everything....a "Sam is not a great character" thread? What next? The "Ba'al made a terrible Goa'uld" thread? Maybe the "Daniel needs to cut his hair" thread, or perhaps the "Teal'c is really a traitor" thread. Come on, if this the direction the Forum is heading, then I'm heading out. If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all.

Sorry, I'm in a really rotten mood this AM....so perhaps it would be best to leave for the day. I promise to post my 12 amazing hours at The Bridge as soon as I can. Believe it or not, I did take notes and lots of pictures, unfortunately, when I was in costume or during a shoot, hubby was taking the pics, and he doesn't really know how. Oh well......take care everyone and have a great day.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Ok, I haven't been online very much recently, and in fact, I didn't sleep at all last night (hmmm, wasn't that a song title?). Anyway, I have now seen everything....a "Sam is not a great character" thread? What next? The "Ba'al made a terrible Goa'uld" thread? Maybe the "Daniel needs to cut his hair" thread, or perhaps the "Teal'c is really a traitor" thread. Come on, if this the direction the Forum is heading, then I'm heading out. If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all.
                          Just ignore it, Lida. Don't feed it any more posts

I promise to post my 12 amazing hours at The Bridge as soon as I can. Believe it or not, I did take notes and lots of pictures...
                          Yay! Looking forward to those.
                          Last edited by scarimor; 29 September 2006, 05:43 AM.
                          scarimor

Comment

Sorry, I'm in a really rotten mood this AM....so perhaps it would be best to leave for the day. I promise to post my 12 amazing hours at The Bridge as soon as I can. Believe it or not, I did take notes and lots of pictures, unfortunately, when I was in costume or during a shoot, hubby was taking the pics, and he doesn't really know how. Oh well......take care everyone and have a great day.
                            Well, Lida, you've just done the fan equivalent of walking on the moon, of course you're gonna feel rotten, back down here amongst us heavy Earthbounds. Sounds like you had a ton of fun on the site.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, Lida, but the forum's been like that since about the second day it opened.

I don't care for such threads either, in a fan forum, but apparently it's all about civil rights and such, so, whatchagonnado, eh?

I posted in the SNAGC thread - positive comments about the character - and then griped about how she's poorly or inconsistently written. Nothing that hasn't been covered extensively right here in this thread. I think a lot of the posts in SNAGC reflect the same feeling, but since it is a negative thread, we have to be careful not to hijack it with our positivity. I know that I've had to bite my typing fingers - both of them - several times when I posted in there.

The thing is, though, that those threads come and go and have a low post count, with a hefty percentage of the posts disagreeing with the original thought and a goodly number of posts contesting the right of posters to disagree with the original thought and very few actual complaints about the character, so don't lose any more sleep over them, 'kay?
                            Last edited by Tok'Ra Hostess; 29 September 2006, 05:47 AM.
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                              The posts are screened, so no one knows what anyone else is asking for. So it's there, probably. If you want to give me your LJ name I can check.

I have NO Idea why Sky's post showed up. Other than possibly she's a maintainer/Mod on the Com.

Okay, Sky already answered this, but I have it all typed out and everything...and I can still check if you give me your LJ name.
                              Ah! All is clearer, now. So, can I trust one of you gals to delete my redundant post?

Or will those posts never actually get posted? Sorry. I'm LJ illiterate.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Hi Lida, looking foreward to your pictures and report, you are so lucky to have been at the studio.
                                I was thinking today how all the cast must be feeling now as they must be near the end of filming s10, it must be a bitter sweet feeling to be looking at what this very special show might go to in the future.
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X