X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers for s10's 'the quest'

Originally posted by Deejay435
    Spoiler:

I still wish the quest had required them all to give something of value to them. That would have been an interesting look at the characters. I would have loved to have seen what they carry with them that has sentimental value to them, and loved to have seen them all have to part with whatever it was.

That would have been great. What do you think Sam would have put in? I still say wedding or engagment ring.

I didn't really like the hair-dryer thing. Yeah, it was a quick funny, but it had no substance, really. Vala's not naive enough to believe an earth blow dryer would actually work on other planets.

Spoiler:
    the one thing i question in this ep is the scene where everyone is supposed to give up something of their own and place it in the box. everyone did this, but with baal, he was 'made' to do it. don't you think that should have effected the outcome? like, it shouldn't have worked until baal gave willingly.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      Spoiler:

Does Daniel remember that? I thought he didn't have any memories of his ascended times?

I still wish the quest had required them all to give something of value to them. That would have been an interesting look at the characters. I would have loved to have seen what they carry with them that has sentimental value to them, and loved to have seen them all have to part with whatever it was.

That would have been great. What do you think Sam would have put in? I still say wedding or engagment ring.

I didn't really like the hair-dryer thing. Yeah, it was a quick funny, but it had no substance, really. Vala's not naive enough to believe an earth blow dryer would actually work on other planets.
      Spoiler:
      I think I've already mentioned what Teal'c threw in I think Sam mght have something that her father gave her of sentimental value, but I'm not sure what
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        what would have been funny????

Spoiler:
        has vala pulled out some little object...that daneil goes 'hey, that was in my office'

now THAT woulda been a cute joke

or maybe she had something off landry's desk, walter's coffee cup, siler's wrench (a little one) something cute

the hair dryer was just stupid. If they gotta go for the hair joke, how about pulling a barrette out of her hair
        Spoiler:
        That would have been funny, and very Vala.

As far as the hair dryer goes, do they have battery operated ones? In either case, I imagine that a good rule of thumb for a field team is not to burden themselves with any non-essential baggage - you never know how far you'll have to carry it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

My thoughts on Vala's item
          Spoiler:
          I thought the hair dryer was funny. Considering Vala's dress a personal grooming item was not a surprise to me.

I had friends that I used to travel in a music group with over Friday night. When Vala pulled out the hair dryer we laughed then looked at each other and said Scott and the fan in India - we had a drummer we traveled with that took a fan with him everywere including places were because the power was different he would not be able to plug it in on stage (no convertors allowed on stage overseas). He knew he would not be able to use it in some of the countries we went to yet he still packed it inside his bass drum every where we went.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Spoiler Tag Laziness (TM) replying to Regan and kes
            Spoiler:
            Originally posted by kes
            That is it

maybe i've got my cuts out of order, but are you saying both sam and teal'c gave monoculars?
            Originally posted by Regan
            As far as the hair dryer goes, do they have battery operated ones? In either case, I imagine that a good rule of thumb for a field team is not to burden themselves with any non-essential baggage - you never know how far you'll have to carry it.
            didn't it have a cord wrapped around it?

Dedicated To Stargate SG1

i would have loved some random artifact, "that was in my office!" from daniel. or even better, just a vauge "hey!!" and exchanged looks.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              Spoiler:
              maybe i've got my cuts out of order, but are you saying both sam and teal'c gave monoculars? didn't it have a cord wrapped around it?

Dedicated To Stargate SG1

i would have loved some random artifact, "that was in my office!" from daniel. or even better, just a vauge "hey!!" and exchanged looks.
              Spoiler:
              That's so she can plug it into the portable naquada generator Sam made for her, that Daniel has to carrry around in his pack.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                Spoiler:
                maybe i've got my cuts out of order, but are you saying both sam and teal'c gave monoculars?
                No.I was just saying that it was that that I was talking about. The thing in the pic. I have no idea what T gave.
                Last edited by Skydiver; 26 September 2006, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Hi Ho all...I'm back from my houseboat holiday which was totally awesome but I missed being here...now I'm back I feel totally out of the loop...anything exciting happen??
                  How is everyone?? I got 35 pages to catch up on in here alone...god knows what the ship thread is gonna be like!!
                  ((((Samandans))))...it's great to be back!!! Straight back to work tomorrow though...D'oh!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Welcome back Chelledb!

I would love to see SG1 in a major motion picture, but it would be nice to see a series of t.v. movies. I doubt we'd get more than one major motion picture, so the multiple SciFi channel movie deal would work better I guess.

If Amanda, Rick, Michael, and Christopher aren't in the movie (all of them) then it won't be very good, but I think TPTB know that so they'll all be there.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      My thoughts on Vala's item
                      Spoiler:
                      I thought the hair dryer was funny. Considering Vala's dress a personal grooming item was not a surprise to me.

I had friends that I used to travel in a music group with over Friday night. When Vala pulled out the hair dryer we laughed then looked at each other and said Scott and the fan in India - we had a drummer we traveled with that took a fan with him everywere including places were because the power was different he would not be able to plug it in on stage (no convertors allowed on stage overseas). He knew he would not be able to use it in some of the countries we went to yet he still packed it inside his bass drum every where we went.
                      I'm with ya! I've known friends like that. Hence that scene being funny and actually working for me.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        I'm with ya! I've known friends like that. Hence that scene being funny and actually working for me.
                        Yeah, I thought that was really funny, too.

Spoiler:
                        Actually, a lot of what Vala did was pretty humorous - like when she almost laughed at Ba'al's statement, thought less of that move, and went to catch up with the others. Hehe. Gets me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          Spoiler:
                          That would have been funny, and very Vala.

Spoiler:
                          Yeah...that is a bizarre item to be carrying on a mission...but I imagine it was an absolutely funny scene to watch...I only hope it doesn't cheapen the show. So what's been happening to Sam lately? Which episode is it that she gets seriously hurt?? Is it The Shroud??

"Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hello everyone I am back once again. I hope you are all well.

First of all, if I have missed any landmarks, Congrats to you and I'm sorry I missed it.

As for The Quest, part 1, I thought it was a pretty good ep.

Spoiler:
                            I liked all the challenges and the riddles. Sam did a good job of getting the team away from the time dilation field or whatever it was. That was kind of scary, but I thought about the rock before she grabbed it, ha ha. I thought Daniel had the most to do in this ep, but Sam and Vala shined some too, at least, Vala did with comedy relief

I haven't talked about SG-1's end...
                            Spoiler:
                            Well I am bummed that the show is getting cancelled, but to me it is not as good as it was in earlier years. I still enjoy it, but it's not worth continuing if the show is not going to be as enjoyable as it once was. I think there have been some good eps. in seasons 8-10, and I also have to say that Vala has grown on me, but I don't really like Cam anymore (I liked him when he first came on, but now he seems to be full of himself and almost resentful of the team, especially Daniel). I will miss seeing Sam solving problems with her vast knowledge of science and the team working together, but I think if it has to end, this is a good time. However, I don't believe the show or the characters will go away completely. We still have Atlantis and many people from SG-1 could appear on that show. There is also always movies and that type of thing. I like to think that the characters will live on.

I guess that's it for now. Sorry for not getting on here that much. I hope all my fellow Samandans have a great day!
                            Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                            Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Spoiler:
                              That's so she can plug it into the portable naquada generator Sam made for her, that Daniel has to carrry around in his pack.
                              Spoiler:
                              Well it doesn't have to be a naquadah generator...I mean Sam can do a lot of things... so she could make electricity out of something... Sam knowing she could take care of it so that Vala can make her pigtails...what would Vala be without them eh...

Ok I just saw a nice music vid, I didn't make it I don't know who made it but I like it!!

It is calles Mrs. MacGuyver...it is on the music of MacGuyver and you see Sam fixing it all...you can watch it here Mrs. MacGuyver vid
                              Really worth it!!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje

Ok I just saw a nice music vid, I didn't make it I don't know who made it but I like it!!

It is calles Mrs. MacGuyver...it is on the music of MacGuyver and you see Sam fixing it all...you can watch it here [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1dd9GyMxV8"
                                Mrs. MacGuyver vid [/URL]
                                Really worth it!!
                                Thanks for the tip. I really enjoyed the vid.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Working...
                                X