X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    better hurry up

i can't wait to see how things turn out
    Some of the categories are very full - though since I'm not voting for any of the two categories I've got stories nominated for, it makes it slightly easier - so reading the stories before voting is the problem time-wise.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i didn't vote in the categories i had fic in either

dunno if it was against the rules or not, but i wont' vote for my own fic, but i couldn't vote against it either
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i didn't vote in the categories i had fic in either

dunno if it was against the rules or not, but i wont' vote for my own fic, but i couldn't vote against it either
        Same here.

I've just finished voting on the art. There are some nice walls and icons (and it's a lot quicker than voting for fic )
        scarimor

Comment

As good as AT and DH are together, (and I know they enjoy working together) I wish they'd have Carter interact with some other characters/actors too if they're going to have her on Atlantis.
          Why not use AT to help showcase some of the other characters that (IMHO) have been underserved.

Comment

I've been browsing through the nominations for the Stargate Fan Awards, and I have to say that some of them are really good. Am I wrong though or in the image section are there far more entries for SGA than SG1? Therefore not many Sam pics . Anyway, I'm still looking and many of the images are imaginative and skillful.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

as general interest wanes for sg1, fans are moving over to sga

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                As good as AT and DH are together, (and I know they enjoy working together) I wish they'd have Carter interact with some other characters/actors too if they're going to have her on Atlantis.
                Why not use AT to help showcase some of the other characters that (IMHO) have been underserved.
                I agree jckfan. However, I think our common opinions about the writers writing the easy stuff with Daniel/Vala all the time can be applied to Sam and McKay. They write what they know, because they know it's pretty successful. Despite what some may believe about the pairing - myself included - the Daniel/Vala dynamic was explosively successful in a good chunk of the fandom, just as the Sam/McKay has been steadily popular in the fandom as well. Instead of taking a risk ("Hey, let's pair WOMEN together, and see how that goes some time! Or, better yet, let's move away from the Cam/Teal'c, Shep/Ronon, Cam/Daniel, Shep/McKay, Cam/Shep pairings, and try something new when we have the chance!"), they stick to what's worked and what comes naturally to them.

Unfortunately, that means we may never see much between Sam/AT and the other characters/actors, and that is a shame. As it stands, I'll enjoy the male-male bonding stuff they're intent on creating until the end of Stargate for what it's worth, because I do enjoy the chemistry the actors have, and I'll try not to repeat the same old annoyinged rant.

Comment

ok I am working on a fic and I have a question...

Mark has 2 children eh...a boy and a girl...and I watched every ep where there could be names of them but nothing...
                  So I was wondering what do you think their names are???? and why do you choice that name?? help is appreciated cause I am really bad in making names up...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                    ok I am working on a fic and I have a question...

Mark has 2 children eh...a boy and a girl...and I watched every ep where there could be names of them but nothing...
                    So I was wondering what do you think their names are???? and why do you choice that name?? help is appreciated cause I am really bad in making names up...
                    Well, for the boy, you could always go with Mark Jr. or another popular name could be Richard...hmm? wonder where I got that name from

For a girl you could go with Mary or Sue or Mary Sue
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

the first thing that comes to my mind is mark Jr and sarah

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        I agree jckfan. However, I think our common opinions about the writers writing the easy stuff with Daniel/Vala all the time can be applied to Sam and McKay. They write what they know, because they know it's pretty successful. Despite what some may believe about the pairing - myself included - the Daniel/Vala dynamic was explosively successful in a good chunk of the fandom, just as the Sam/McKay has been steadily popular in the fandom as well. Instead of taking a risk ("Hey, let's pair WOMEN together, and see how that goes some time! Or, better yet, let's move away from the Cam/Teal'c, Shep/Ronon, Cam/Daniel, Shep/McKay, Cam/Shep pairings, and try something new when we have the chance!"), they stick to what's worked and what comes naturally to them.

Unfortunately, that means we may never see much between Sam/AT and the other characters/actors, and that is a shame. As it stands, I'll enjoy the male-male bonding stuff they're intent on creating until the end of Stargate for what it's worth, because I do enjoy the chemistry the actors have, and I'll try not to repeat the same old annoyinged rant.
                        Which is a shame, because AT is a veritable chemistry lab with the other actors she works with. She really makes you believe in the relationship she's portraying-she sells everything so well. It just such a pleasure watching her.

I wanted to come up with something more profound for my 1000th post, but this is all I've got.

Comment

as much as i enjoy sam/rod, it woud be nice to see some sam/shep or sam/teyla...something a bit unique and different

how about sam/ronon??? after almost a decade with teal'c, how do you think she'd handle ronon's 'me big bad alien kick butt man'

sigpic

Comment

how about sam/ronon??? after almost a decade with teal'c, how do you think she'd handle ronon's 'me big bad alien kick butt man'
                            Ah, she could handle him. I agree. I'd like to see Sam with different characters. I love it when she's with McKay, but I'd love to see her play off of different characters. I'd like to see her in a few scenes with Weir as well.

Comment

sam/weir could be very interesting, especially given their history and the power play sam made for her and teal'c to go after jack

sigpic

Comment

as much as i enjoy sam/rod, it woud be nice to see some sam/shep or sam/teyla...something a bit unique and different

That's something I'd love to see. Sam would be talking to Ronon about Teal'c
                                and Ronon would start to talk about himself. What he's been through with the Wraith, being a runner,...etc.

Then later, Sam could tell Teal'c that he may have some competiton out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X