Clear All

jsut a reminder

pass the word

Just a reminder that voting for the Stargate Fan Awards ends at
    midnight CDT on Sunday,
    September 24.

If you're not quite finished choosing your favorite fanfics, music
    vids, artwork, or websites, make sure you visit
    http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic in time to place your votes!

Don't forget to vote in the Chevron awards! The Seven Chevrons Award
    recognizes outstanding achievement in the Stargate SG-1 Music Videos
    section. This year’s new Eight Chevrons Award acknowledges the best in
    Stargate Atlantis Music Videos. Vote in these awards at
    http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic/chevrons.php or just select
    "Chevrons Awards" in the top menu bar on the main voting site.

If you haven't registered to vote in these awards, it's very simple.
    Just go to http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic/captcha.php or just
    select "Register to Vote" in the top menu bar on the main voting site.
    You'll be voting within minutes!

Winners will be announced on October 15, 2006.

Good luck, and good reading.

Stargate Fan Awards Team
    http://www.stargatefanawards.com

~~~~~~~~

so if y'all haven't voted yet, get to it!!

you're about out of time to procrastinate
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux

Sam: Sunny, are you sure you want me to give you all of this?

SunKrux: Yes...I've had a really bad day and I just want to sleep until Friday. Yeah...Friday.
      ((({{{ Sunny }}}})))

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        *sniff* Ah, sorry to hear about your bad day (((Sunny)))
        Just be glad it wasn't as bad as this guys
        Spoiler:
        Damn that pic is sooooooooooooooo old!

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        Spoiler:
        They showed a lot of scenes from other episodes...don't know why. Am I crazy, or weren't there clips from different episodes through the seasons in that promo?
        Maybe they are running out of ideas? ! LOL they usually give a lot away on those trailers

Comment

"Lucy, I'm home ..."

Just checking in after weeks away. Got the apartment, moved, and got a new job which I just started today. Hope all Samandans are prospering and being well ... er, did I just borrow that from another time warp? SunnyK, hope your week is improving too ... I've only had time to scan this thread page quickly.

I mostly hope that S10 has been going up rather than down re: Sam.

No cable TV in the new house but as you can see, I'm finally back up on the Internet. I did hear that Sam and McKay's kid sis were quite good in an SA episode. Two strong actresses. Yippee for the estrogen bubbles!

Have you all been playing nice in the sandbox?!

Peace, CG

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i'll believe this when i READ it. meaning, the peeps that see this ep three hours before me will let me know if she's really in it. and what happens!

sally
            All in spoilers, because I'm lazy. And because this hit-the-button spoilers things is so Pavlovian it's ridiculous. I dare you all not to wonder what's below the cut.

Spoiler:
            Well, right now, I'm with you. I know it was talked about a week ago that perhaps Carter would be appearing in The Return. AT's recent comments from whatever interview that was do certainly seem to fit with the spoilers for that episode and now there's this sketchy reliable write up on the Scifi Weekly page that mentions for the first time Carter being in the episode. So I'll grant that right now, it does seem like she'll be in the Atlantis midseason two parter.

But, I'm just not too sure about this. I honestly can't believe that the writers would actuallly put Sam and Jack in the same episode of Atlantis. I mean, aside from the fact that RDA doesn't come cheap, and I'm sure that AT is being paid top dollar as well, I can't believe that the writers would be willing to put that much of SG-1 on Atlantis. After all, Jack is THE character of Stargate. I know this is the Carter Thread, and trust me, I do love Carter. But Richard Dean Anderson is always going to be the franchise's biggest star. For eight years (certainly the first six) Jack O'neill was the nexus character on SG-1. He's hugely popular, and he's probably mostly responsible for the recent spike in ratings for 200 and Real World. No matter what else happens, the biggest thing people will remember from The Return is that Jack was in it. In the same vein, Sam Carter is a giant in the Stargate universe. In her previous guest appearances on Atlantis she was very much a central player, taking a backseat to no one except those episodes' focal character, Rodney. She's a more developed, better-loved character than just about everyone on Atlantis, and frankly, the writers seem to love writing for her on that particular show. On top of all that, Sam and Jack are the two most shipped characters in Stargate. Apart they're formidable; together they're a juggernaut, a behemoth, a gargantuan duo (and other words that imply hugeness, power, and fortitude). If they even so much as sniff the same scene they will take over the story.

So, the point I'm getting at is that putting Carter and O'neill on the same show very much is having SG-1 take over Atlantis. Sorry, but it is. I find it hard to believe that the writers would risk marginalizing the Atlantis cast so much. And I do believe that both Carter's and O'neill's presence in Atlantis greatly marginalize the Atlantis cast. The show will never, ever build itself into a seperate entity if every time something big happens on Atlantis one of the Big Four are there to protect the sanctity of the franchise.

Don't get me wrong, I understand. One of my big beliefs is that the only thing that the writers wanted from Atlantis in season three was 10 weeks of solid, consistent ratings. I think their only concern was that the show garner numbers that will guarantee a fourth season. To that end, I do believe that AT's contract was written to leave open the possibility of a long stint on Atlantis. Likewise, three of RDA's five episodes are being wasted (my opinion) on Atlantis. If in fact The Return features both AT and RDA, then the writers truly were going for a blowout bonanza of crossover ratings gold. They'd just be the most unsustainable of ratings I can imagine.

So, yeah. I'll believe when I see it this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
              All in spoilers, because I'm lazy. And because this hit-the-button spoilers things is so Pavlovian it's ridiculous. I dare you all not to wonder what's below the cut.

Spoiler:
              Well, right now, I'm with you. I know it was talked about a week ago that perhaps Carter would be appearing in The Return. AT's recent comments from whatever interview that was do certainly seem to fit with the spoilers for that episode and now there's this sketchy reliable write up on the Scifi Weekly page that mentions for the first time Carter being in the episode. So I'll grant that right now, it does seem like she'll be in the Atlantis midseason two parter.

But, I'm just not too sure about this. I honestly can't believe that the writers would actuallly put Sam and Jack in the same episode of Atlantis. I mean, aside from the fact that RDA doesn't come cheap, and I'm sure that AT is being paid top dollar as well, I can't believe that the writers would be willing to put that much of SG-1 on Atlantis. After all, Jack is THE character of Stargate. I know this is the Carter Thread, and trust me, I do love Carter. But Richard Dean Anderson is always going to be the franchise's biggest star. For eight years (certainly the first six) Jack O'neill was the nexus character on SG-1. He's hugely popular, and he's probably mostly responsible for the recent spike in ratings for 200 and Real World. No matter what else happens, the biggest thing people will remember from The Return is that Jack was in it. In the same vein, Sam Carter is a giant in the Stargate universe. In her previous guest appearances on Atlantis she was very much a central player, taking a backseat to no one except those episodes' focal character, Rodney. She's a more developed, better-loved character than just about everyone on Atlantis, and frankly, the writers seem to love writing for her on that particular show. On top of all that, Sam and Jack are the two most shipped characters in Stargate. Apart they're formidable; together they're a juggernaut, a behemoth, a gargantuan duo (and other words that imply hugeness, power, and fortitude). If they even so much as sniff the same scene they will take over the story.

So, the point I'm getting at is that putting Carter and O'neill on the same show very much is having SG-1 take over Atlantis. Sorry, but it is. I find it hard to believe that the writers would risk marginalizing the Atlantis cast so much. And I do believe that both Carter's and O'neill's presence in Atlantis greatly marginalize the Atlantis cast. The show will never, ever build itself into a seperate entity if every time something big happens on Atlantis one of the Big Four are there to protect the sanctity of the franchise.

Don't get me wrong, I understand. One of my big beliefs is that the only thing that the writers wanted from Atlantis in season three was 10 weeks of solid, consistent ratings. I think their only concern was that the show garner numbers that will guarantee a fourth season. To that end, I do believe that AT's contract was written to leave open the possibility of a long stint on Atlantis. Likewise, three of RDA's five episodes are being wasted (my opinion) on Atlantis. If in fact The Return features both AT and RDA, then the writers truly were going for a blowout bonanza of crossover ratings gold. They'd just be the most unsustainable of ratings I can imagine.

So, yeah. I'll believe when I see it this Friday.
              I agree with your analysis. I'd be willing to bet that IF
              Spoiler:
              Sam is in The Return, it will be as a cameo and she and Jack will never EVER share one moment in any scene. And I don't mean alone...I mean AT ALL. Period. Like you said, they are the bigwigs of the franchise and they'd immediately eclipse the others.
              I of course wouldn't mind it, but I certainly ain't holding my breath.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by kes

yeah, but did that guy survive!?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  I agree with your analysis. I'd be willing to bet that IF
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam is in The Return, it will be as a cameo and she and Jack will never EVER share one moment in any scene. And I don't mean alone...I mean AT ALL. Period. Like you said, they are the bigwigs of the franchise and they'd immediately eclipse the others.
                  I of course wouldn't mind it, but I certainly ain't holding my breath.
                  Spoiler:
                  Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd love for the episode to be feature them heavily. The O'neill/Carter (not necessarily shippy) dynamic is a huge part of SG-1's longtime staying power. Carter, Teal'c, O'neill, and Daniel all had unique, individual relationships with each other. That's what made the show so appealing almost all the time. It didn't matter who was featured heavily in an episode or what was going on or who was paired with who--it was going to be interesting. The way that O'neill and Carter bounced off of each other and the natural way that they worked together made a lot of the more commonplace and "mundane" parts of a given script enjoyable and interesting. It's my opinion that Atlantis doesn't have that.

"Hand signals! I'm waving you up!"

But, you're right. I'm betting on no contact and a minor role (if any), for Carter. I'd love to be wrong about all of it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                    and SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fake.

btw, thanks for all the hugs folks. Hugs are good. Espeically if they're from Amanda!

*wanders off remembering her unasked for hug at the Vancouver con back in March.

how's that for keeping this post sorta on topic?
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                      Spoiler:
                      Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd love for the episode to be feature them heavily. The O'neill/Carter (not necessarily shippy) dynamic is a huge part of SG-1's longtime staying power. Carter, Teal'c, O'neill, and Daniel all had unique, individual relationships with each other. That's what made the show so appealing almost all the time. It didn't matter who was featured heavily in an episode or what was going on or who was paired with who--it was going to be interesting. The way that O'neill and Carter bounced off of each other and the natural way that they worked together made a lot of the more commonplace and "mundane" parts of a given script enjoyable and interesting. It's my opinion that Atlantis doesn't have that.

"Hand signals! I'm waving you up!"

But, you're right. I'm betting on no contact and a minor role (if any), for Carter. I'd love to be wrong about all of it, though.
                      I think though that you've hit on why it won't happen.
                      Spoiler:
                      They have THAT much chemistry. It's golden! It's magical! Transcendent even!!! [okay I might be overstating here a bit. ] And while I am someone who appreciates the ship factor between their characters, I am also not necessarily referring to that element of their dynamic.

They have "IT" and "IT" developed so beautifully for years. They play so naturally off each other and I credit that to the natural chemistry that RDA and Amanda share as friends offscreen and as professionals with a common outlook for the franchise onscreen.

Nothing on SGA compares to this yet and showing them together in any capacity would overshadow the SGA characters or...even worse...highlight how poorly they've developed the SGA cast comparatively speaking.

The cynic in me is also screaming that this is why we get so little Jack (and so far ZERO Sam/Jack [friendshippy/shippy or otherwise]) on SG-1. Having him there too much only puts a big ol' spotlight on the shallowness of their new characters and character relationships.

Please let us be wrong, but I suspect we'll see Sam and McKay working with each other long distance via telescreen like she did with McKay and Miller when they were travelling to Atlantis. Jack won't even be in the same room when McKay's talking to her I'll bet.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        "Lucy, I'm home ..."

Just checking in after weeks away. Got the apartment, moved, and got a new job which I just started today. Hope all Samandans are prospering and being well ... er, did I just borrow that from another time warp? SunnyK, hope your week is improving too ... I've only had time to scan this thread page quickly.

I mostly hope that S10 has been going up rather than down re: Sam.

No cable TV in the new house but as you can see, I'm finally back up on the Internet. I did hear that Sam and McKay's kid sis were quite good in an SA episode. Two strong actresses. Yippee for the estrogen bubbles!

Have you all been playing nice in the sandbox?!

Peace, CG
                        So good to hear that you're settling in to your new place, and yay for having the internet back.
                        ~deep

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          I think though that you've hit on why it won't happen.
                          Spoiler:
                          They have THAT much chemistry. It's golden! It's magical! Transcendent even!!! [okay I might be overstating here a bit. ] And while I am someone who appreciates the ship factor between their characters, I am also not necessarily referring to that element of their dynamic.

They have "IT" and "IT" developed so beautifully for years. They play so naturally off each other and I credit that to the natural chemistry that RDA and Amanda share as friends offscreen and as professionals with a common outlook for the franchise onscreen.

Nothing on SGA compares to this yet and showing them together in any capacity would overshadow the SGA characters or...even worse...highlight how poorly they've developed the SGA cast comparatively speaking.

The cynic in me is also screaming that this is why we get so little Jack (and so far ZERO Sam/Jack [friendshippy/shippy or otherwise]) on SG-1. Having him there too much only puts a big ol' spotlight on the shallowness of their new characters and character relationships.

Please let us be wrong, but I suspect we'll see Sam and McKay working with each other long distance via telescreen like she did with McKay and Miller when they were travelling to Atlantis. Jack won't even be in the same room when McKay's talking to her I'll bet.

Exactly. I think if Sam is in this episode, they're going to keep her away from Jack. Their relationship (friendship or shippy) is too strong and well-developed for it NOT to take the spotlight off of the SGA cast...
                          my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            yeah, but did that guy survive!?

sally
                            Its fake. I used to have the 2 dif pics but I lost everything when I changed PCs.

Comment

and SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fake.

btw, thanks for all the hugs folks. Hugs are good. Espeically if they're from Amanda!

*wanders off remembering her unasked for hug at the Vancouver con back in March.

Comment

and SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fake.

Originally posted by kes
                                Its fake. I used to have the 2 dif pics but I lost everything when I changed PCs.
                                Yea, but it made Sunny laugh
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X