X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    OK, I've closed my eyes...

D'OH!

Q'tesh and a Fair-Haired Tok'Ra in a Battle to the Death in a vat of warm butter??

Siblings, even!

So, do we go by Duse or SEM? Can we start a poll? (just don't let AD answer; he'll interpret the one question in two diametrically opposed ways. )

::gnash::
    My suggestion would be SEM, because the first thing that came to my mind when I read duse was douche. Don't ask me why, I have no control of it at 8am...my mind that is...not the other...well...nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      January? Is SGA coming back in Jan, and SG1 in March? (That would irritate me to no end.) Or are they both coming back in Jan? Or is Sci-fi so poorly run that they don't even know when their shows are coming back?
      Originally posted by agent dark
      Yeah, I'm not sure on that. May have been a mistake. They also mentioned SG1 coming back in January
      Yeah, this is the part that made me shake my head...

Atlantis Outlook: Unlike Stargate SG-1's fate, Stargate Atlantis has been renewed for a fourth season. With decent ratings and confident storytelling, Stargate Atlantis has come into its own. However, what night it will land on is another matter. The Dresden Files and Painkiller Jane both have series orders and are being added to SCI FI. It will be interesting to see how the channel fills up its schedule.

SG-1 Outlook: After 10 seasons, the longest-running science-fiction series on American television is coming to an end. Stargate SG-1's ratings dropped this summer, far enough for the SCI FI to decide to cancel the series. But it will go out in style, because we still have half a season to air, starting early next year.

Anyone else find it amusing how they said Atlantis received decent ratings and yet they mentioned that SG-1's ratings had dropped this summer? Strange, I thought the ratings dropped for both series, guess you can put a spin on just about anything if you think hard enough. It will be interesting to see what night of the week Atlantis ends up on. Or how well Sci-Fi's Friday night line-up does without SG-1 around as lead-in. Guess we'll all find out come October.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

WtF?? Did they advertise that on SciFi on Friday??

I'm kind of annoyed and confused. Two weeks ago, the only reason I knew that Carter's part in McKay & Mrs Miller was not a 'cameo' was because I'm in the Pacific timezone. Hell, the only reason I knew Carter was in it AT ALL was because of this forum. It certainly wasn't advertised.
        There we go again! Joined at the hip! I thought AT had a cameo in McKay and Mrs. Miller also. I thought the
        Spoiler:
        greeting at the door would be it.
        What a pleasant surprise!

Suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Yeah, this is the part that made me shake my head...

Atlantis Outlook: Unlike Stargate SG-1's fate, Stargate Atlantis has been renewed for a fourth season. With decent ratings and confident storytelling, Stargate Atlantis has come into its own. However, what night it will land on is another matter. The Dresden Files and Painkiller Jane both have series orders and are being added to SCI FI. It will be interesting to see how the channel fills up its schedule.

SG-1 Outlook: After 10 seasons, the longest-running science-fiction series on American television is coming to an end. Stargate SG-1's ratings dropped this summer, far enough for the SCI FI to decide to cancel the series. But it will go out in style, because we still have half a season to air, starting early next year.

Anyone else find it amusing how they said Atlantis received decent ratings and yet they mentioned that SG-1's ratings had dropped this summer? Strange, I thought the ratings dropped for both series, guess you can put a spin on just about anything if you think hard enough. It will be interesting to see what night of the week Atlantis ends up on. Or how well Sci-Fi's Friday night line-up does without SG-1 around as lead-in. Guess we'll all find out come October.

I suppose .1 points higher than SG-1's (sharply dropped) ratingis such a huge difference. Making Atlantis solid but SG-1 cancellable.

Sure. Confident storytelling? What planet did they come from? (Sure, at least they aren't writing bipolar boy and pigtail!girl/dom!"whorelette.) <sigh>

I did find it funny that a SciFi news source said SG-1 was cancelled because of the ratings drop. Which diametrically oppsises what they (the suits) have been saying. And they let it pass.

Suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I still would love to know what source of information I ought to be paying attention to in order to know what episodes of SGA Carter is going to show up in. and How many eps total is she going to be in? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Was I out sick that day?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
              So, do we go by Duse or SEM? Can we start a poll? (just don't let AD answer; he'll interpret the one question in two diametrically opposed ways. )

::gnash::

My suggestion would be SEM, because the first thing that came to my mind when I read duse was douche. Don't ask me why, I have no control of it at 8am...my mind that is...not the other...well...nevermind.
              LOL Kat, that's the first thing that came to my mind too
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                I still would love to know what source of information I ought to be paying attention to in order to know what episodes of SGA Carter is going to show up in. and How many eps total is she going to be in? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Was I out sick that day?
                i think that's cause tptb are making it up as they go along

they don't want the atlantis fans upset at sam's appearances, thus aren't accentuating the crossovers too much in advance
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps Atlantis' ratings didn't need to be as high to merit renewal as SG-1's did.

If you have two students, one of whom needs to get an 'A' to continue with their course or something and expects to get it and another who only needs and expects a 'D', then for the first a 'C' would be a big disappointment but for the second it would be a decent result.

I don't know what kind of ratings the Sci-Fi channel had in mind as a minimum requirement for renewal, or if they even had a set figure but if SG-1 had to average at least 1.7 while Atlantis needed a 1.4 average, then Atlantis would have achieved their requirement with viewers to spare and could be considered to have done decently but SG-1 would have dropped too far to be renewed.
                  Last edited by ReganX; 18 September 2006, 07:25 AM.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                    they don't want the atlantis fans upset at sam's appearances, thus aren't accentuating the crossovers too much in advance
                    Interesting. Good ole Skiffy. I thought the point of the crossovers was to gain crossover viewers, no? How should I know to watch SGA if they don't advertise it? Was Carter in the SGA preview for this next ep?

The McKay & Mrs Miller preview was discombobulating. I knew that Carter was supposed to be in it, but there was hardly a peep, so I thought it would be like a 5-minute appearance... only to see her in half the dang ep!

Comment

Hmm, and they wander why the ratings are slipping!

SciFi channel, if Amanda is in the episode put her in the promos. Can we say Grace? You remember that little SG1 episode that was completely Amanda centered and just so happened to be the highest rated episode ever!!! (O.k., so the kiss in the promos probably helped, but Sam is still a ratings draw.)

End mini rant.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        do we need spoiler tags for 'moebius'? i'll put them in there just in case.

Spoiler:
                        ... i just can't see the writers disqualifying 8 years of their show so they could have their jollies in going wherever/doing whatever they want in stargate's history. it would really be stupid beyond belief to dismiss 8 years of storylines. but that's my logic.

sally
                        I don't think we need spoilers for Moebius, but I'll put them in just in case too.

Spoiler:
                        But isn't that what they've done? Totally ignored 8 years of canon, going wherever/doing whatever they want. Yes it's stupid beyond belief, but it's what's happened.

This Sam/Daniel/Teal'c are not our Sam/Daniel/Teal'c. They don't seem to care that much about each other, they just work together, no team feeling. Regs, which apparently were so important for 8 years, are broken on a daily basis within the SGC. So what are we left to conclude, except that the time line is messed up.

I think the "close enough" line was put in as an out. If S9/S10 went well then it would be seen as just a throw off. If it went poorly, it could be used as a way to "fix it". Will they use it? Only time will tell. I doubt it though, because they're just having too much fun.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          as to the weeping
                          Spoiler:
                          i've been in a situation where someone dies. and i can control my emotions...but then someone says something, asks me something, brings the topic up, and the grief and i lose it

that's how i see sam reacting. she was ok compartmentalizing emmerson's death. until marks asked 'where is the colonel' and then it hit her and she knew she'd have to break the news
                          That's how I see it too. I do exactly the same thing.
                          Spoiler:
                          I tough it out during the situation. As long as I don't have to think about it or talk about it, I can push it to the back of my mind, and do what needs to be done. But if someone ask a direct question, no longer is it pushed back, but it comes rushing in, and emotions take over.

That's how I saw Sam's reaction. It really didn't bother me. If she'd sat down and boo hoo'd, then that would have been a different story, but she didn't. She shed a tear, got herself under control and did what she had to do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Oh, when I was doing it, I got the impression that it wasn't so much as 'how do you rate the actual humour/action of the show?', but more 'do you like humour/action in the show?'
                            That's what I thought it was asking too and that's how I answered.
                            sigpic

Comment

So... Sam IS going to be in The Return, Part I? I remember someone said that they'd heard a rumor that she'd be in it, but that they weren't sure. Interesting, for sure. And it wasn't confirmed until that brief review of the episode was posted on scifi.com, right?

And was it ever confirmed what episode AT was talking about when she mentioned a sinking of the set?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Yeah, I'm not sure on that. May have been a mistake. They also mentioned SG1 coming back in January
                                See, I kinda hope they changed their minds at the last minute and brought it to January. For one thing, whether it's true or not, this sort of information makes SciFi look incredibly incompetent. It's bad enough they called "The Return" and "The Quest" season finales (they evidently have such little faith in the idiotic viewers, they're willing to suggest that this is the end of the season), and it's bad enough their preview/trailer for "The Quest" was so crappy and disjointed, I don't think THEY even knew what they were advertising.

At any rate, I keep wondering what they're gonna do for Atlantis' fourth season... If the true seasons end in May, what kind of wait is it between Atlantis' S3 and S4? I mean, the whole point of a season finale is to leave you in suspense and wondering how it's going to turn out in four months... And, while I understand that the traditional and conventional concepts of "season" have morphed dramatically for cable television over the past few years, I still would've thought that they'd want there to be SOME break between the seasons - at least longer than two months. And now we can't even be sure that Atlantis will be a part of SciFi Fridays? (grrr...)

Comment

Working...
                                X