Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    Spoiler:
    I don't think much changed. I'm thinking if they are wearing the exact same outfits they were at the end of 'Threads', things are pretty much the same. The fish? Hiding out for 8 years. Yep. Ok, maybe not. But I think the writers intended for things to go back the way they had been, fish or not.

I'm certain that's what the writers intended also. When Moebeus was written. Then we have the planning for S9.
    Spoiler:
    No, I don't think this is intended to be an AU. it just feels rthat way to me. Reactions to things are "off". IMHO

Suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      as to the weeping
      Spoiler:
      i've been in a situation where someone dies. and i can control my emotions...but then someone says something, asks me something, brings the topic up, and the grief and i lose it

that's how i see sam reacting. she was ok compartmentalizing emmerson's death. until marks asked 'where is the colonel' and then it hit her and she knew she'd have to break the news
      Exactly. I've done that too. ((Sky))

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
        Actually I had a question about this. I tend to overthink these surveys and I *hate* being misrepresented. How the heck and I supposed to rate the humor and the action? By what is on *now* or what is was like when I enjoyed the show? Is there a place later in the survey to differentiate this? Otherwise this survey is meaningless. It's just a character popularity survey if you can't rate what was different in the seasons that made you did/dislike certain things.

Take the humor (please). I loved it through S8. S9/S10 Not so much. How would I rate it? It's over a period of 10 years! How can things change/not change?

Do these questions make any sense at all?

BTW as soon as I get clarification I e-mailed the website (I'm sure they lurve me that this point. )I'll complete the survey. With Sam as an excellent character, naturally.

Suse
        that's exactly why i stopped in the survey. i was basically done with it, going over my answers when a- i wasn't sure if my answers would be ignored because i don't know the character of the ppl doing the survey (i really don't know who's running it), and b- i realized what you did, "By what is on *now* or what is was like when I enjoyed the show?" and/or, what you wish it to be?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          Just popping in to say a quick good bye, my plane leaves in the morning. I will, of course, give AT all your love and support, and will hopefully get some new info about what the future may hold for her and the rest of the crew.

I'm finally packed, but pooped already and I still need to shower and eat...I forgot to eat today. So why are all my clothes tight???? It's a SciFI conspiracy, I tell ya!.....
          Have fun Lida, and try not to come back saying eh after every sentence

Oh and just remember, things are less in Canada, you will find that as soon as you cross the border you will lose weight. For example if you weighed 110 lbs in the US you only weigh 50 Kg in Canada
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

and if something costs $10, it really costs $8 (or so)
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Exactly. I've done that too. ((Sky))

Suse
              it's not just with people either. i remmber when i had a sick cat, and i went home to check on him...and he'd died. and i went back to work. I was fine until i was asked 'i thought you were staying home with your cat'

sigpic

Comment

it's not just with people either. i remmber when i had a sick cat, and i went home to check on him...and he'd died. and i went back to work. I was fine until i was asked 'i thought you were staying home with your cat'
                Oh man! I lost a cat a couple of years ago, and it was horrible. Especially when people asked me about it.

Comment

Because hearing someone else comment about a death makes it real, or more real somehow.

It's one thing to mentally understand and process a loss and then think you're okay and move on from it. But then when an external influence reminds you of it, the walls come crashing down. Kind of reminds me of the penny in Somewhere In Time.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                    1) Not Weeping!
                    Okay, fine. SOBBING it is!

2) See, I thought the little heart face just meant you adore me.
                    No, it meant that, too! It had a waitforit double-meaning!

3) From my pov, I think had any of the characters reacted with [spoilersold]the fist slamming thing,[/spoilersold] it would have been inappropriate.
                    I sorta said that, too, didn't I? [spoilersold]"As best I can imagine it, that would have looked very OoC, more Mitchell-like."[/spoilersold]
                    *snicker*sorrycouldn'thelpmyself*snicker*

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

I sorta said that, too, didn't I? [spoilersold]"As best I can imagine it, that would have looked very OoC, more Mitchell-like."[/spoilersold]
                      DEM!!!!!

::taps foot:: Why are you baiting? Is she a fish? Silly Silly Dem.

Suse
                      thwaps DEM!
                      Last edited by suse; 17 September 2006, 06:41 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        Oh man! I lost a cat a couple of years ago, and it was horrible. Especially when people asked me about it.
                        yeha, it was tough.

and i have two more older cats and one older dog, so i know i'll be facing that day sometime in the next few years

I remember the night my grandmother died. my mom was at a friend's tha night. the phone rang at 3am and i just knew. i had to call my mom and tell her that grandma was gone.

we waited to call my sisters until the next morning, knowing wouldn't make a difference, let them sleep, and i remember calling themand leavng a message on tiher answer machines to call me

definitely was not an easy weekend even though she'd been sick and we knew she was dying

sigpic

Comment

DEM!!!!!

Why are you baiting? Is she a fish?

Suse
                          thwaps DEM!
                          fishing? did someone mention fishing??????

for reel???

sigpic

Comment

DEM!!!!!

Why are you baiting? Is she a fish?

Suse
                            thwaps DEM!
                            Oooh that looks like fun, can I join in

DEM
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

yeha, it was tough.

and i have two more older cats and one older dog, so i know i'll be facing that day sometime in the next few years

I remember the night my grandmother died. my mom was at a friend's tha night. the phone rang at 3am and i just knew. i had to call my mom and tell her that grandma was gone.

we waited to call my sisters until the next morning, knowing wouldn't make a difference, let them sleep, and i remember calling themand leavng a message on tiher answer machines to call me

definitely was not an easy weekend even though she'd been sick and we knew she was dying

I know the feeling. When my aunt passed away a couple years ago...my 'rents were here in town (she is my mom's baby sister) so Mom could spend time with her before she passed. We had been with her earlier in the day and got a call around 11:30 p.m. that night saying she had passed. It was still hard, even though we knew she was going to die. It's never easy. There are days now that I have to concentrate really hard so I won't start crying because she's gone, you know?

((((((Sky)))))) loosing any family memeber is never easy.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                I need a smilie with a halo for this: bite me.

Originally posted by DEM
                                Okay then!

Originally posted by DEM
                                Yes, I was just pretty much agreeing in as long-winded a way as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X