Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    OMG Scarimor - is that Cylon!Sam in your avatar?
    Yes, yes that is!
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
      Oh that's awesome. And here's me without the ability to have a custom av. It's not fair.
      Good, aren't they? Leave her a comment
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
        Ok this is getting scary...Samanda on pg 2... I mean what happened here? where is everyone?

And no this is not a bump for a bump how about a little question?? I mean to get the ball roling...

If Sam had amnesia (sp?) and regained her memory what do you think she remembers the first and why?
        I think the first thing you would remember is her feelings for Jack. After all in every episode where they can't remember anything else their feelings for one another are still there and still strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          so's mine. i'm just going by, even if i take my glasses off, i still reach up to straighten them

I would think that years of habits would not change easily
          When I forget my watch, I always find myself looking at my left wrist when I want to know the time.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer
            I think the first thing you would remember is her feelings for Jack. After all in every episode where they can't remember anything else their feelings for one another are still there and still strong.
            Pfft, she'd clearly remember her feelings for Janet first

Comment

you're both wrong, it's teal'c...her buddy that's been there for her alllll along

not to mention that impressive staff weapon of his
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer
                I think that the first thing she remembered might be whatever memory was triggered by something she sees - donut, fruit, plane, uniform, blue jello, etc. - and that that memory, something small, perhaps something that Sam wouldn't have considered overly important, would open the floodgates.

I think that some traits would stay, though, things like calling authority figures "sir" and her quest to learn and understand, to tinker with machienery, etc.

As far as remembering people goes, again I think that the trigger memory would have a lot to do with it; an apple might make her remember explaining wormholes to Jack, if she got hurt and needed first aid, it might make her remember Janet, donuts might remind her of Teal'c and so on.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Oooh, this IS a fun game!

OK, if Sam's memories were completely wiped away, and she was in a foreign land or on a foreign planet... I'd have to say that I think the first memories to resurface would be her memories of Teal'c, Daniel and Jack. She's spent ten years watching their backs, protecting and being protected by them, ten years bonding and building a unique relationship. I don't think the friendship they have could ever truly be forgotten.

Even if she couldn't remember their names or their faces, I think she'd always remember how they made her feel. And the knowledge that there were three guys out there, with whom she'd connected on such a deep and intimate level, would probably drive her to find out more about her life, if only to fully remember what it's like to be loved like that.

Wow. That was... sappy.
                  Sappy maybe, but true. I think that's a lot of why the way they handled Sam's absence in the beginning of S9 rubbed me the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Anyone know of a good fic where Sam gets amnesia with link? Strangely, I've actually never come across one before.
                    Hi all.
                    I usually only lurk on this thread. But since you're asking about a fic where Sam gets amnesia, you should read Blue Eyes from L.A. Doyle. It's a alternate version of Memento Mori and she's written it after a lot of stalking of a fellow S/J shipper which was quite entertaining on the shipper family thread http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3151888/1/
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover
                      Hi all.
                      I usually only lurk on this thread. But since you're asking about a fic where Sam gets amnesia, you should read Blue Eyes from L.A. Doyle. It's a alternate version of Memento Mori and she's written it after a lot of stalking of a fellow S/J shipper which was quite entertaining on the shipper family thread http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3151888/1/
                      i've read this one, i thought it was really good

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover
                        Hi all.
                        It was good. I stayed up quite late waiting for her to post it. It is a Sam/Jack committed relationship fic. LA did a great job with it, and I think her characters are right on the money. Sam is the star of this one, so don't be put off by the ship.

Comment

you're both wrong, it's teal'c...her buddy that's been there for her alllll along

ahem!
                          scarimor

Comment

Amen Sister! Teal'c is DA MAN!
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                              Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              OMG Scarimor - is that Cylon!Sam in your avatar?
                              Yes, yes that is!
                              I'm still eagerly anticipating Cyclone!Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                                I'd go with this...I just have this image of Sam being asked by a doctor if she can remember her name and her tentatively replying 'Carter??'
                                :Is now awaiting the fic:

Seriously, it sounds like a great nugget!
                                Suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X