Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    I believe that AM also wrote the more Sam-centric episodes in the second half of seaosn 10---Line in the Sand and The Road Not Taken. I wonder how those will go? You've got me worried! Oh well.
    so, alan has wrote ALL the sam stuff of this season???

these were the ONLY eps i was looking forward to! well, okay, i was also looking forward to '200' and the last ep... i think the last ep.

but really, why must alan be the one to write the ONLY SAM EPS OF TWO SEASONS?!?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      It's funny that both you and Sky see the oldest as keeping the family together. I have found that the youngest is the one to keep the family together (but that could just be from my experience) I see the younger sibling as being the more the responsible one, which Sam definitely is responsible on the show.

Now how does this work for twins
      Actually in my personal experience...it's the middle sibling that keeps it together...and being the only girl helps too!!
      As for the twin thing...you could always ask Amanda if you're going to Avalon or Gabit!! Not only is she a twin but she is also younger...than 2 of her brothers...does anyone know who's older between her and Stephen??
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
        Actually in my personal experience...it's the middle sibling that keeps it together...and being the only girl helps too!!
        As for the twin thing...you could always ask Amanda if you're going to Avalon or Gabit!! Not only is she a twin but she is also younger...than 2 of her brothers...does anyone know who's older between her and Stephen??
        Being the youngest and ONLY girl rules!!! But don't take my word for it...I'm biased.

*sighs cause she can't afford to go to Avalon or GABIT this year either...someday, maybe someday...
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
          My version also includes that as Sam is a genius she has also skipped a few grades here and there and that is an additional reason she matured very quickly.
          I think you're right about Sam skipping a few grades. That would also help account for how determined she was to prove herself at the beginning of the show if that was the case; she would have been a couple of years younger than her classmates during her school years, then a woman in a male dominated profession as an adult. It's not surprising that she came across as defensive in "Children of the Gods".

Sam would have had a pretty lonely time as a kid if she did skip a couple of grades - between being the baby of the class and, in all likelihood, moving around a lot because of her dad's work, it wouldn't have been easy for her to make friends.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

sky and reganx, GREAT analysis on the who's the older sibling discussion!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              I think you're right about Sam skipping a few grades.
              Well lets just face it...Sam's a genius...I think it's pretty much a given that she would have skipped a few grades...I can't picture her as being a social butterfly...a rager or party animal...but I don't doubt she would have had some pretty smart friends too!!
              She's a national/world treasure you know!!!
              Gotta go...back later!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                I have no idea. I am lost -- totally and completely. Is there a thread somewhere that reveals these mysterious production schedule data? Are they still doing that overlapping schooting thing?
                WHY?
                exactly!

and here we thought -were told by ptb- that the reason it was happening was because of rda's schedule... uh, yeah.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Being the youngest and ONLY girl rules!!! But don't take my word for it...I'm biased.
                  Being the only girl can be pretty cool, but I'm stuck in the middle...well, not exactly the middle...there are four of us. Having three brothers is cool though. Doesn't Amanda have three brothers? Or four?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    Being the only girl can be pretty cool, but I'm stuck in the middle...well, not exactly the middle...there are four of us. Having three brothers is cool though. Doesn't Amanda have three brothers? Or four?

i believe it's three. and I think one is her twin brother.

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                    My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                    My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                    My Stargate Videos
                    It's meant to be!

Comment

i'm the oldest of 3 girls, and my middle sister, she doesn't keep the family together. in fact, she seems to pit one 'side' against the other.

the youngest is rather, well caught up on appearances and i'm the geek they both pretend they're not related to
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 13 September 2006, 05:28 PM.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've been playing with Photoshop tonight and did a piccie of Sam...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                          http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...trophysics.jpg
                          Ooooh very nice piccie
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

There are four girls in my family. My older sister has always looking for my Dad's approval, the third one is kinda of a hippie type, the youngest is what Bill Cosby said in comedy special as the informer. The one who says "guess what".

I'm the rebel, the one my parents tried to understand as a child and teen years, but couldn't. But my Dad still tries.
                            Last edited by LaCroix; 13 September 2006, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                              Nice job. Love the piccie!!

Comment

Very nice pic. Nolamom.

Comment

Working...
                                X