Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    OK, so judging by the production schedule, AT will pretty much be in TRNT (10.15), without anyone else, and she won't be in much (if any) of Bad Guys (10.16), right?
    I have no idea. I am lost -- totally and completely. Is there a thread somewhere that reveals these mysterious production schedule data? Are they still doing that overlapping schooting thing?
    WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      I just watched A Matter of Time (yes again ) and it just makes me go wow, those were the days! What a great Sam episode! And the team feeling you get in the end when they are trying to pull Jack back from the wormhole you can really see the drama in that episode just from the expressions on their faces.
      I agree Mandy. There was a dramatic intensity to the performances in general back then which just seems to have evaporated in many of these newer seasons nine and ten shows. They worked so well together. I don't think that changed, per se, but I do think the spark has gone awol; it's missing, and so dearly missed. I suppose like so many other folks throughout history, I've also fallen into the inevitable trap of waxing nostalgic about "the good old days", huh? *sigh*

geek

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I just watched A Matter of Time (yes again ) and it just makes me go wow, those were the days! What a great Sam episode! And the team feeling you get in the end when they are trying to pull Jack back from the wormhole you can really see the drama in that episode just from the expressions on their faces.
        Glad someone else likes that episode as much as I do...I have watched it many times, and am never disappointed, except, I think Jack's antagonism towards Col. Cromwell is over done. I always felt he should have forgiven him, after all he has seen in the interim. Sam, of course, never disappoints....at least not in that episode. I do think she should have taken the donut though.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          Glad someone else likes that episode as much as I do...I have watched it many times, and am never disappointed, except, I think Jack's antagonism towards Col. Cromwell is over done. I always felt he should have forgiven him, after all he has seen in the interim. Sam, of course, never disappoints....at least not in that episode. I do think she should have taken the donut though.
          I looked closely at that scene, and it came to me the reason she didn't take the donut was probably because they weren't Tim Horton's Donuts
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I looked closely at that scene, and it came to me the reason she didn't take the donut was probably because they weren't Tim Horton's Donuts
            Well she didn't take the donut cause she needed it for explaning Hammond what the solution was...so he could understand it
            If she had eaten it she had no donut for it and had probably draw it or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              Definitely one of my favorite episodes too. However I think Jack did forgive Cromwell, after Cromwell pointed out the situation with Byrd being the same. After Carter said a bunch of techno stuff, Jack continued what Cromwell had started saying and said something like yes she is smart and so on. Which to me it meant he had forgiven him.

Comment

Originally posted by jz9
                Definitely one of my favorite episodes too. However I think Jack did forgive Cromwell, after Cromwell pointed out the situation with Byrd being the same. After Carter said a bunch of techno stuff, Jack continued what Cromwell had started saying and said something like yes she is smart and so on. Which to me it meant he had forgiven him.

Good point jz9, I can also see that as Jack forgiving Cromwell, and welcome to Samanda
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                  Mine too! I'm also going for Sam being the younger of the two.

My version also includes that as Sam is a genius she has also skipped a few grades here and there and that is an additional reason she matured very quickly.
                  I'm of the Sam is the younger sibling camp. Not that it means I think Sam was or is all that irresponsible. That in this youngest sibling's mind is a cop out on labeling siblings. Not ALL youngest/younger siblings are irresponsible. If you ask me...the younger/youngest sibling is the smarter of the sibs. We get to sit back and watch all the mistakes the OLDER/OLDEST sibs make and learn (hopefully) not to make them. At least that's what I did.

No! No! Tim Tams RULE!!
                  Da*n straight they rule!!!
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                    I'm of the Sam is the younger sibling camp. Not that it means I think Sam was or is all that irresponsible. That in this youngest sibling's mind is a cop out on labeling siblings. Not ALL youngest/younger siblings are irresponsible. If you ask me...the younger/youngest sibling is the smarter of the sibs. We get to sit back and watch all the mistakes the OLDER/OLDEST sibs make and learn (hopefully) not to make them. At least that's what I did.

As a younger sibling I have to agree with you on that
                    and boy did I learn from all my sisters mistakes
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I have to admit that A Matter of Time is one of those episodes that I didn't really like when I first watched it but its grown on me enormously over the years.

My favourite scene is when Teal'c provides Sam with a sounding board; it's just fab.
                      sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        Da*n straight they rule!!!
                        I go with the younger sibling camp too. There have been lots of great posts and everything I'd say would just be repeating what was already said.

Let's see...I have three brothers. One older, 2 younger-one that's way younger. The older has got a pretty level head. Me, I'm the one that always gets called goody two shoes. My first younger brother is, well, the black sheep of the family. He needs a swift kick in the head. My youngest brother-there's a story. We are all in college and he's 12. He gets away with things we wouldn't have, and my mom always has more pictures of him! Seriously, he's really a great kid, but being so much younger has not always been the best thing for him.

I think Sam turned out the way she did because of what happened with her mother and the dynamics in the family after that, not necessarily because of her placement in the family. Or I should say it didn't influence her as much. It may have played out much differently had she been older and able to leave home soon(like I see Mark doing). There are just so many variables!
                        Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 13 September 2006, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Fly-by post:

As many of you may know, SG-1Poz had major back surgery today. trupi just posted an e-mail from Poz's daughter on the S/J Ship Thread. Since trupi doesn't post here, I thought I should repost it, so you'd be up to date:
                          *gentle* hugs to SG-1Poz.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            Yep. I'm about as anti-Alan M. scripts as Strix is, but I'll be braving this episode on Saturday evening. Being the spoiler whore that I am, I feel like I've received enough warning about some of the potentially "lower" aspects of the ep.
                            I have found the key is to have very low expectations going in. Then I find the episodes (this season) fairly enjoyable, if not up to the early season standards. I also find that spoilers are not *my* friends.

And Strix--re: Sam whumping--they just need to hire you--you are the whumper extraordinaire! Your whumping is always quality.
                            Last edited by jckfan55; 13 September 2006, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i agree, i definitely think she grew uptoo fast.

that may have been something they touched on in grace. sam doesn't play, not in the way we'd think of playing.

that could also be why she's a speed demon. it's a grown up way to have fun

when do you think the last time was that sam....went to a fair/carnival, rode the rides, ate cotton candy and just, well acted like a kid, not an adult?

i think she grew up when she was 14 and her mom died
                              Dare I mention ? (ducks) I could see them doing that kind of stuff together. The infamous zoo reference?--maybe they finally discovered that there *is* a zoo in CS?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                                My husband and I were watching a rerun of Whose Line is it Anyway? tonight, and I couldn't help thinking that Amanda would be funny in a special like that. Maybe they could do a version of it at a convention next year. It would be fun to see the whole gang play that game.

you know what show i'd like amanda to guest star on? 'my name is earl'. and since beau bridges is also on that show, maybe he could help.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X