Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    umm, you know, it COULD have been grace under pressure. how old was this?
    If it's not GUP, it may also be episode 18 of Atlantis. "Submersion"

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/318.shtml#spoilers

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hi to all my fellow Samandans. I've read a few of your fan fics(will definitely be reading more when I can) and I have to say I am constantly amazed at the talent so many of you possess. Please keep writing and I promise to try and read more.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting, but life has been a tad hectic, and now, I have only a few days before I leave for Vancouver. I'm nervous as h@ll, believe it or not. Just the thought of actually being on the set, with AT, et al, is enough to get my heart racing. I'm also not even close to being ready, but ready or not, I'll be on the plane Sunday.

If you have any particular messages, questions, etc, for AT, please let me know. I will be giving her all your love and your unwavering support. Hopefully, by the time I get back, we'll have more info on the status of season 11....and what the future may hold for AT. I know I'm going to be a pain, as I plan to be asking alot of questions. I'll keep checking out the Forum, until the last possible moment, which will probably be Saturday evening, east coast time.

Later.....
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Have fun on the tour, Lida. Take lots of photos. Even if you can't post them all.

geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

In memory of 9/11
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

If you have any particular messages, questions, etc, for AT, please let me know. I will be giving her all your love and your unwavering support. Hopefully, by the time I get back, we'll have more info on the status of season 11....and what the future may hold for AT. I know I'm going to be a pain, as I plan to be asking alot of questions. I'll keep checking out the Forum, until the last possible moment, which will probably be Saturday evening, east coast time.

Later.....
            Have fun Lida? We want to hear all about it. This is probably a given, but if you can find out what AT has planned for the future, that would be great.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Hmm, I'm not sure if this was posted already or not but there was in interview with the cast in Dreamwatch magazine on the set of Memento Mori http://saturn92103.livejournal.com/712541.html

Amanda comments on the Sam/Vala dynamic: So yay once again for Amanda and Claudia making teh Sam/Vala (also boo to the writers for not writing it in the first place :| However, they seemed to have learned the error of their ways, judging by spoilers for an episode later in the season )

Also (spoilers for the new seasons)
              Spoiler:
              I don't recall the bolded part being in McKay and Mrs Miller O.o. And surely it wasn't Grace Under Pressure she was talking about... This mean another Sam in Atlantis ep? Or am I just crazy (nb: that was rhetorical question )
              Thanks for posting this link.

I found this quote interesting.
              However, Judge deserves special kudos for being the only regular cast member to have appeared in every single episode.

“I bring that up at every turn”, he laughs. “Well, Michael Shanks left for a year. Amanda Tapping didn’t do six episodes when she had her baby, so yeah, I’m quite proud of that”.

Guess Chris forgot that he wasn’t in Prometheus Unbound or Disclosure therefore he hasn’t actually been in every episode, not that either of those were his choice.
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 11 September 2006, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                Hi to all my fellow Samandans. I've read a few of your fan fics(will definitely be reading more when I can) and I have to say I am constantly amazed at the talent so many of you possess. Please keep writing and I promise to try and read more.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting, but life has been a tad hectic, and now, I have only a few days before I leave for Vancouver. I'm nervous as h@ll, believe it or not. Just the thought of actually being on the set, with AT, et al, is enough to get my heart racing. I'm also not even close to being ready, but ready or not, I'll be on the plane Sunday.

Later.....
                Ask her if she wants another season of SG-1 (ie. should we sign the save SG-1 petitions if we haven't already), or if she's good to go on other projects and thinks this is a good time to end it.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  If it's not GUP, it may also be episode 18 of Atlantis. "Submersion"

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/318.shtml#spoilers

mg
                  I think you're right mini. I just bought that Dreamwatch magazine over the weekend, and I was wondering what else it could be. This seems like the logical choice.

Also...

Spoiler:

Wasn't there a spoiler out there that said that McKay would be in "The Road Not Taken"?

Comment

OKAY GUYS!!!!!!!!!

WE OVER AT THE SAM/JACK SHIPPER FAMILY DISCUSSION THREAD NEED YOUR HELP!

I HAVE CREATED A PETITION TO SEE SAM & JACK GET TOGETHER THAT I WILL SEND TO THE PRODUCERS/WRITERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO I NEED LOADS OF SIGNATURES

I KNOW THAT YOU GUYS ON THIS THREAD WANT TO SEE SAM HAPPY AND AFTER 10 YEARS DON'T YOU THINK SAM & JACK DESERVE TO BE TOGETHER...? SO PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION IF YOU WANT TO SEE SAM & JACK GET TOGETHER!

http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html

GET AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN TO SIGN IT!!!! TELL FRIENDS, FAMILY, IF YOU HAVE A LIVEJOURNAL LET THEM KNOW! TELL EVERYONE!
                    Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                    Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                    Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Oh, and I'm super late on the MM discussion, but I've gotta say that CB's performance saved the rather lackluster plot.

Spoiler:
                      I've found myself enjoying her performances more and more - and not just in this episode, and not that I ever doubted I would - and I really liked that moment between Daniel and Vala at the end. Kudos to MS and CB for pulling of that very poignant moment between the two of them, and kudos to the writers for creating it... This is the kind of relationship I'd like to see between them more often. I even got a kick out of the "date/not a date" discussions at the beginning and the end of the episode. Daniel/Vala Wit and Charm can be cute and endearing... in moderation.

I'm still iffy with some aspects of this very odd ensemble of characters, and with what SG-1 has become... I'm OK with Sam not being in a lot of this episode, because like I said, Vala was interesting to me. Will I re-watch the episode numerous times whenever I get the chance? No, but that's the case with most of S10 (even though its quality far surpasses that of S9) for me.

The nitpicks:

The predictably lame Cam + Motorcycle scene... Once again, I wonder if the writer realize how that makes him look, when he runs off half-cocked and ends up incapacitated by the person he was meant to be saving... It doesn't make him look cool at all. But BB, to his credit, was quite funny while playing Cameron in such a predicament, and the back-and-forth chemistry between him and CB was nice to see - even if I resent the fact that they feel a need to push it onto us. I was able to overlook the fanboi-ish behavior Cam has (once again) taken on for no reason besides the fact that"it looks cool". The "How come?" room has been sealed indefinitely, it would seem.

They seemed to go out of their way to write Sam's ribbing but clarify that Cameron's not always losing his pants. Why do I have an issue with this? Well, they had absolutely no problems with suggesting that Sam had a sexual ("intimate" - snicker ) relationship with Orlin, and they did it for a laugh. But, when the time came to rib Cameron, they had him explain away the "losing of the pants" almost at the expense of the joke... It's a minor nitpick at best, but it still irked me.

And that's about it. I cringe to think about what will become of "Counterstrike" this week... We'll see.
                      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 11 September 2006, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Oh, and I'm super late on the MM discussion, but I've gotta say that CB's performance saved the rather lackluster plot.

Spoiler:
                        I've found myself enjoying her performances more and more - and not just in this episode, and not that I ever doubted I would - and I really liked that moment between Daniel and Vala at the end. Kudos to MS and CB for pulling of that very poignant moment between the two of them, and kudos to the writers for creating it... This is the kind of relationship I'd like to see between them more often. I even got a kick out of the "date/not a date" discussions at the beginning and the end of the episode. Daniel/Vala Wit and Charm can be cute and endearing... in moderation.

I'm still iffy with some aspects of this very odd ensemble of characters, and with what SG-1 has become... I'm OK with Sam not being in a lot of this episode, because like I said, Vala was interesting to me. Will I re-watch the episode numerous times whenever I get the chance? No, but that's the case with most of S10 (even though its quality far surpasses that of S9) for me.

The nitpicks:

The predictably lame Cam + Motorcycle scene... Once again, I wonder if the writer realize how that makes him look, when he runs off half-cocked and ends up incapacitated by the person he was meant to be saving... It doesn't make him look cool at all. But BB, to his credit, was quite funny while playing Cameron in such a predicament, and the back-and-forth chemistry between him and CB and I was able to overlook the fanboi-ish behavior Cam has (once again) taken on for no reason but because "it looks cool". The "How come?" room has been sealed indefinitely, it would seem.

They seemed to go out of their way to write Sam's ribbing but clarify that Cameron's not always losing his pants. Why do I have an issue with this? Well, they had absolutely no problems with suggesting that Sam had a sexual ("intimate" - snicker ) relationship with Orlin, and they did it for a laugh. But, when the time came to rib Cameron, they had him explain away the "losing of the pants" almost at the expense of the joke... It's a minor nitpick at best, but it still irked me.

And that's about it. I cringe to think about what will become of "Counterstrike" this week... We'll see.
                        You mean...Company of Thieves, right??

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'd like to clarify why I disliked Sam's characterisation in MM
                          Spoiler:
                          I understand that actors have to be away from time-to-time, or that one story may rely on some characters more than others. What's most important to me is how the actor is used given the time available. I don't like to see actors standing around being scenery -- not talking when they should be talking. It looks ridiculous and stupid and irritates me. At various points in MM (and other eps this season) I have felt that I could "see" the writers counting lines. Line 1: Daniel, 2: Amanda, 3: Chris. Repeat! It's laughable. And embarassing.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            You mean...Company of Thieves, right??
                            Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              umm, you know, it COULD have been grace under pressure. how old was this?
                              Well, apparently the interview was done on the set of Memento Mori, so grace under pressure wouldn't have been shot 'just recently'

Comment

Hey! Fellow Samandan's. How are you guys doing!?
                                I'm in the process of doing something very big in my life! Woot. I hopefully will be back on line in late November to talk about the Avalon event! I'll be off for a while, but I'll still be thinking of you. Maybe I'll meet someone there.
                                Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

Working...
                                X