Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor
    Ah 'sokay, they're happy. And for my 2000th post, a brief update on the blue jelly saga:

5-year-old: "Why haven't we had blue jelly before, Mummy?"

Mummy: "Because we don't have blue jelly in this country. This blue jelly has come all the way from America."

7-year-old: "How come they have blue jelly and we don't?"

Mummy: "Because they know how to make it blue and we don't (apparently )"

3-year-old: "They're clever in America. That's where Sam lives!"

7-year-old: "So does Homer Simpson."

So scari...if you don't mind me asking...I noticed your kids call you mummy not mommy and you say jelly not jello...where bouts on this beautiful earth do you hail from??
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      if i had written the fanfic the epiosde was based off, that's how i woulda written it
      Ok...so this has probably been said like a gazillion times already but...after reading some...no lots...of your fics sky...I'm surprised they haven't hired you as a writer for the show...in fact, I'm surprised they haven't hired several other fic writers to write for the show...there are loads of fanfics out there that would make absolutely brilliant episodes...well that's my rant for the day...head is about to implode so I'm gonna go rest it!!

oh yeah Sky before I forget...Tom wanted me to tell you that we saw a car with your name on it's number plate the other day...skydiv..well it's close anyway...when he saw it he got all excited...bless his little heart...anyhow...I said it...now he'll be a happy little vegimite!!!
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

But at the end of the day, we are Samanda. A kingdom of all sorts of crazy wackos who adore Amanda Tapping and Samantha Carter and aren't afraid to crow it from the rooftops.

As long as at the end of the day, we remember first and foremost that we are Samandans and have the important responsibility of flag bearing for our beloved little kingdom.

Hiccup Comatose Regime, baby.
        Well said Oooober!!!
        LONG LIVE THE KINGDOM OF SAMANDA!!!

Being this day the 11th day of September...(((hugs to all Samandans...where ever you may reside))))...in memory of those lost in the 9/11 attacks.
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
          So scari...if you don't mind me asking...I noticed your kids call you mummy not mommy and you say jelly not jello...where bouts on this beautiful earth do you hail from??
          This blue-jelly-less Samfan and all her little wizards blue-jelly-scoffers hail from the bright and sunny (currently) north of England.
          scarimor

Comment

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Sure. She might be able to skip over them. Especially since it's just plain ol' text and the words Sam and leather and catsuit and whip are all kinda hidden in the paragraphs and don't stand out at all.

*whimper*
            scarimor

Comment

bright and sunny (currently) north of England.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Wot!?! We do get sun, y'know!

Sometimes!

scarimor

Comment

This blue-jelly-less Samfan and all her little wizards blue-jelly-scoffers hail from the bright and sunny (currently) north of England.
                  Ah...but of course...I should have known...you know if you ever need any blue jelly we have plenty here...I have already sent some to Sam_Carter and AmberLM...and it's absolutley no problem at all...just let me know...we've even got Jaffa lollies too!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Wot!?! We do get sun, y'know!

Sometimes!

Yeah...just like we get rain and snow....sometimes!!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
                      Aha! Lucky...
                      Region 2 also - single DVDs in UK (vols. 44 to 49), the whole boxset in Germany, not sure about Belgium/The Netherlands, 'cause it looks like the distributor took out the DVDs from the stores there (it's no longer SONY, it's Fox now).
                      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                        Ok...so this has probably been said like a gazillion times already but...after reading some...no lots...of your fics sky...I'm surprised they haven't hired you as a writer for the show...in fact, I'm surprised they haven't hired several other fic writers to write for the show...there are loads of fanfics out there that would make absolutely brilliant episodes...well that's my rant for the day...head is about to implode so I'm gonna go rest it!!

oh yeah Sky before I forget...Tom wanted me to tell you that we saw a car with your name on it's number plate the other day...skydiv..well it's close anyway...when he saw it he got all excited...bless his little heart...anyhow...I said it...now he'll be a happy little vegimite!!!
                        lol

you're too sweet.

and i would never get hired

not only am i american *gasp, horror* i'm a woman. can't have those icky girl cooties ruining the overwhelming 'coolness' that is the writers
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure if this was posted already or not but there was in interview with the cast in Dreamwatch magazine on the set of Memento Mori http://saturn92103.livejournal.com/712541.html

Amanda comments on the Sam/Vala dynamic:
                          Originally posted by Amanda Tapping
                          For Carter it's interesting, because Vala is not the type of women Carter is. Vala approaches things from a totally different perspective that is very sexual, flirtatious and non-military. So for Carter, there's a part of her that finds it difficult because she's so proffesional and loyal. At the same time, Claudia and I decided it is hugely important to us that our characters form a bond and not become completely polar opposite women who are constantly butting heads. That's so easy to fall into.
                          They are not necessarily writing moments for us, but we are creating them. There is a friendship growing between these two women. It's an incredibal journey to go on, that SG1 goes through this gate and don't know what's on the other side and are in peril. To be able to share that with another women is a huge deal so we want to make sure we don't become the two *****es fighting
                          So yay once again for Amanda and Claudia making teh Sam/Vala (also boo to the writers for not writing it in the first place :| However, they seemed to have learned the error of their ways, judging by spoilers for an episode later in the season )

Also (spoilers for the new seasons)
                          Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by Amanda Tapping
                          I just finished another episode of Atlantis yesterday morning. I love working with David Hewlett, who plays Dr. Rodney McKay. I love the dynamic between us and that he thinks he's so much smarter than Carter and that he's arrogant and cocky. We filmed it in this wave pool where they actually sunk the set. It was just really fun. The thing with David is it's such a quick banter and he's such a good actor that the rapport is so fast. I'd work with him again in a heartbeat.
                          I don't recall the bolded part being in McKay and Mrs Miller O.o. And surely it wasn't Grace Under Pressure she was talking about... This mean another Sam in Atlantis ep? Or am I just crazy (nb: that was rhetorical question )

Comment

umm, you know, it COULD have been grace under pressure. how old was this?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                              That was my knee jerk reaction and I've apologized for it. But for the record, I'll do it again to prove that I'm truely sorry for the way I worded how I was feeling.

I am sorry to one and all here, I worded my feelings incorrectly the other day and I do realize that I have upset or even hurt several of you here, it was NOT my intention and for that I am truely sorry. I don't know what else to say accept that I'm sorry I called folks here hypocrits. I'm sorry that my issue with all the negativity that's been around here caused me to react like I did.

I do agree that the writing is bad, I just don't see where constantly bringing it up will change diddly. It's obvious to me (at least) that TPTB at SG1 don't care that they're hendering the talented cast they have at SG1.

I hope we can all move on now. Again, I am sorry for my knee jerk reaction yesterday and for hurting so many here.
                              Wow! That's what we all call strength of character! You're saying, what you really feel like, in the moments, you are writing it down (even if it was a little rash) and then you see, that some feel hurt, sad or whatever, notice your fault and feel sorry! Great....I mean, some would have left it open and never came here again...but this is just great!

We got such great girls and guys here, which I saw, when I read the first couple of posts. So we should do the best so that it stays as is.
                              Even if I'm quite damn new around here, I think I can assess that this is a great thread and community. We got brilliant writers, super humorous people, people who know everything about Stargate, AT thank you poster organizers, artists,.....

I never before saw a that strong, funny and nice community before! (exept the german Pasis fans, which my brother talks with on somemightsay.net forums all the day - I think those a great too....ooops gettig off topic)

just felt like this.

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                umm, you know, it COULD have been grace under pressure. how old was this?
                                jep, sounds like a comment on grace under pressure, when they sink the juper (I think I saw a comment like this on the ep by Amanda...

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Working...
                                X