Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey rose
    hope u had fun at ur Prom
    i refused to do mine, well we call it a Deb!!
    I watched threads yesterday for the upteenth time...sooo beautiful
    amanda is great in the scene with jacob on his death bed, makes me very emotional!
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
    http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
    http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

I just saw Pierre Bernards newest Recliner of Rage on Conan O'Brien - He was talking about SG-1 being canceled. He talks about how Stargate is his favorite show. He then talks about Mark Stern being responsible for canceling Stargate. He said Stargate is his Crown Jewel in his Friday night line up. He then then talks about Atlantis and BSG being the rest of the Friday night line up. Then he goes on to say that the glorious line was made more compelling by the presence of the actress Amanda Tapping, Grace Park and Rachel Luttrel how together form his holy trinity of fantasy females. Then he says "My Fantasy three some has been completly destroyed."
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

love it! wish we had conan here!

sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Then he goes on to say that the glorious line was made more compelling by the presence of the actress Amanda Tapping, Grace Park and Rachel Luttrel how together form his holy trinity of fantasy females. Then he says "My Fantasy three some has been completly destroyed."
          Haha, I've heard him talk about that in an interview he did

Comment

Memento Mori
            Spoiler:
            Pretty average episode, however the pants jokes were great Not so much the actual joke from Sam (though that was amusing) but the fact that Sam was standing right there in front of him as he got dressed. hahaahaha. That just made me laugh

Comment

hey agent dark
              i m in Vic also!

sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Last edited by Agent_Dark; 09 September 2006, 01:33 AM.

Comment

i m guessing the pierre bernard spot will be on youtube at some point

sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by SionnachOghma
                    I've created a monster...
                    I'm the poor fool who introduced Regan to Stargate.

She, in turn, introduced me to Gateworld, StargateWiki, ff.net...

I'm a big Sam fan, so we're co-authoring a new spin-off story on ff.net with Carter as the central character - Stargate: Athena.
                    Thank you so much. Looking forward to reading that series.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      ok, thus far into memento mori

sam seems to have taken the day off, maybe the week

lots of vala for the fans but, so far, it's little more than a fanfic brought to life

they have 27 minutes to 'pull it out of the fire'
                      Spoiler:
                      the coolest part thus far is yet another goauld on earth...athena.
                      Not a bad ep if you like
                      Spoiler:
                      Cam and Vala with a little Daniel thrown in, it did make Vala a bit more sympathetic and was a nice showcase for CB, however I'm still at a loss as to what she did to deserve becoming an official member of SG-1. And am I the only one who got flashbacks to a Farscape episode with John/Aeryn in a hotel room on a fake earth?

And speaking of fanfic, I swear I read this plotline in a fic several years ago, only it was Sam instead of Vala.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Spoiler:
                        She was on her honeymoon with Janet *nod*
                        DoH...I was waiting for it...you sure don't disappoint do you AD?!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          To keep gushing... just a bit.

When I think of the type of person that (I envision) Amanda to be, I realize that I may have a less than completely accurate picture of who the lady truly is (all fans do - we must, because we're not true acquaintences), but that doesn't matter to me, at the end of the day, because it's what she represents to me which I aspire to emulate.

The qualities I so admire in her (whether entirely accurate or somewhat glamorized) are qualities that I would like to strive to make more prominent in my own life. And that, for me, is a positive goal that makes sense in my life regardless of whatever small differences there might be between the image I have in my mind's eye and the 'gritty truth'. Amanda engenders (for me) the desire to be more consciencious, to reach for those elusive 'dreams out there', and to hold my head up high in the interim. For me, that outcome can only be a positive one.

I've only ever heard praiseful (in fact, glowing and often admiring) remarks from those I've spoken with who've either worked with Amanda or had the opportunity to chat with her - and that speaks to me of a person who is truly worthy of esteem. I look up to the lady's convictions, her courage and grace in the face of challenge, and to what I've seen her stand for over the years.

She is, and has been until now, a true class act. In every sense of the phrase.

So (in true 'virtual' spirit), here's to you, Amanda. Like so many other working professional women (and men!) in this forum ... I'd love to raise a glass and toast your influence and your example. For now and into the future.

CHEERS!

mg
                          That was totally awesome mini....I wish I could express myself that well...fantastic post!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            OMG

Rodney is not rod's real name
                            Spoiler:
                            it's MEREDITH
                            ROFLMAO...no wonder he's the way he is!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Righto...night all!
                              Before I go though...just a quick question...do you think that the Avalon con will be put onto a dvd when they release season 10?
                              I would so love to see what happens there and what AT and RDA do and say...I mean...I'm really hoping that we'll be kept up to date thru GW but I know they have highlights of some cons on the dvd's so I'm hoping they put Avalon on as well.
                              What do you all think?
                              Ok...not as quick as I planned but hey...it's late and...well it's late so...night folks!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well let's see, I found last night's show Momento Bori-ing, have to agree, when I watched it, the first thing that came to my mind was, is this a bad fanfic

I think the major problem I have, that I just realized watching last night's show is
                                Spoiler:
                                I didn't care about the characters After all these years of watching the show, I now find myself not giving a rat's a&& about the characters I mean Cam racing down the road on the bike...was a yawn for me, nothing exciting there, predictable yes, exciting no. There wasn't enough of the Big 3 in it to interest me....oh was Teal'c in that episode? I can't seem to remember him Another problem the writers have is, if they think they have a funny line (Cam losing his pants) they over use it. And the ending made start to fill the bucket
                                Spoiler:

I know many may have found it a wonderful episode, but like I said before I just didn't care
                                And given what MS had to do in that episode, no wonder he didn't sign up for S11.
                                Last edited by Mandysg1; 09 September 2006, 07:15 AM.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X